You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know which idiot got to it, but I don't think it was ford. As mad as I am at Dearborn right now, they should not be blamed for this.
Oh, I agree. I was just trying to be funny about that idiot who beat the snot out of his new car causing it to throw a code, and then bitched about Ford.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
This does actually happen from time to time guys. During my time as a Ford tech there were several times where brand new cars came off the truck with obvious quality issues found during PDI. As a matter of fact, I did a PDI on a Crown Victoria once that sounded similar to this, and that was indeed a rod knock. Car had under 8 miles on it and got a brand new engine. Whoever is supposed to catch quality issues obviously doesn't catch it all.

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
1, that doesnt look like a dealership service center to me, so id be curious about the " 4 miles"

and as other stated, very doubtful it would leave the plant like that. mine had 5 miles on it when it arrived
That's literally exactly how the shop area looked at the Ford dealer I worked at. All it takes is a cheap owner.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
jesus !!!! that sounds awful !!! I don't know why someone would say that doesn't look like the shop at a dealership.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I am guessing if there was a buyer lined up they will pass and the dealer will just have a new engine installed and charge ADM and nobody will likely know the difference.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford will says it's just a normal "tick".

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I am guessing if there was a buyer lined up they will pass and the dealer will just have a new engine installed and charge ADM and nobody will likely know the difference.
Can you imagine paying above MSRP and then later find out it is on its second non numbers matching engine? :explode:

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Can you imagine paying above MSRP and then later find out it is on its second non numbers matching engine? :explode:
The engine repair or replacement should be in the service history. To avoid major fallout later hopefully the dealer will do the right thing and disclose this situation to the buyer. Becuase in the future the buyer will be able to see this in the OASIS report if they ever have a need to look.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
The engine repair or replacement should be in the service history. To avoid major fallout later hopefully the dealer will do the right thing and disclose this situation to the buyer. Becuase in the future the buyer will be able to see this in the OASIS report if they ever have a need to look.
You and I/most people here know this. But most people walking in off of the street wouldn’t even think about it. Then they randomly find out much later on.

I think most dealers would do the right thing, but as everyone knows there are a lot that won’t either.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
As someone who worked several years at a Chevy dealer (detailer) you guys have no idea what these dealers do. I’ve seen it all, straight off the vehicle carriers. Replaced bumpers . Quarter panels with major paint work. Engine replacement. Transmission replacement. Cars that were wrecked during test drives and repaired and resold as new with no paperwork to be found. It is what it is, that’s why you inspect the crap out of a vehicle even if it has 4 miles on it and is on the showroom floor. In the end it has a warranty.
Sponsored