First Used 2020 GT500 I've seen listed

Discussion in 'Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by 5.Oh Crush, Mar 13, 2020.

1. 5.Oh Crush

5.Oh Crush Well-Known Member

First Name:
    RJ
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Edge ST, 2020 GT500
    Buyer of Mustangs
    0   0   0
  2. Deviruchi

Deviruchi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 GT500 (L0646)
    0   0   0
    They seem to be going for around ~90k, and that's basically brand new with only dealer miles on it. Not sure how he's planning on getting close to 100...

GT30fan likes this.
  3. dsz blade

dsz blade Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    19' Mustang GT PP1
    0   0   0
    At best, I could only see the seller getting MSRP from the dealer. I doubt they gave more. The exterior is how I ordered my car so always nice to see more pics of it.

4. Snoopy49

Snoopy49 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Earl
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 GT500
    Retired
    0   0   0

Attached Files:

5. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    LOL - so a “used” GT500 lists for $99,999:and original MSRP was only $80k... so is there now “used ADM” being applied to used Mustang Shelby’s? I certainly would not pay as much for anything used when new is still within reach for same dollars...

I understand the original selling price could have been MSRP+ADM, but to still ask close to $100k “used”?

Folks need to calm down and wait a few months, because Dealer lots will have unsold inventory and folks will be able to get better deals as the months pass. I don’t even know why anyone is willing to pay full MSRP PLUS ADM... that’s just silly “just because” or “gotta have it” emotional fix... only then to unload the car later down the road at a loss.

Even used values will be less as the months pass - save some $$$$.

IPOGT likes this.
  6. IPOGT

IPOGT Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang FP/GT 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
    0   0   0
    Everything is going electric. I would bet that between that fact, plus a generation of those who are apethetic of muscle cars, at least gas powered ones anyway, will generate a substantial buying opportunity for those few enthusiasts left who would be in the market for these cars.

7. Deviruchi

Vehicle(s):
    2020 GT500 (L0646)
    0   0   0
    The way ford is making these cars having physical possession of one is worth quite the premium. Sure you can get an "allocation" for cheaper but god knows when you'll actually get the car

8. VRYALT3R3D

VRYALT3R3D Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '15 GT
    0   0   0
    brb making a new youtube video about this called: SOLD MY GT500?! YOU CAN BUY IT NOW or FIRST USED GT500 ON THE MARKET( YOU WONT BELIEVE THE PRICE)

9. Braski

Braski Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Blk GT Prem PP
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    I just can't wrap my head around why Ford is not building more GT 500s. It's one of the few Ford cars in the world that is in demand. There has to be atleast 10 thousand people who would be willing to pay msrp so why not supply demand? As a stock owner, I'm confused why they don't up the msrp or production if the demand is there. Instead they are letting the stealerships profit. I would think profit margins have to be huge on a 70k+ mustang!?

10. Deviruchi

Vehicle(s):
    2020 GT500 (L0646)
    0   0   0
    Still low volume. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that this is not a money maker for them regardless of how high they price it or even if they made 2-3x as many.

By limiting production they are limiting the bleeding - the factory, people and capital can then go back to actual mass production (of SUVs) instead of hand building engines with close tolerances.

11. jpindustrie

jpindustrie Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    a Ford Mustang
    0   0   0
    wow 10k buyers

if there really were trust us they would make it... some years that number already makes up 30% of TOTAL mustang volume so if they're are some untapped buyers Im sure Ford would love to meet them

12. trbstang

trbstang Active Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle(s):
    87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Interesting. That dealer is like 5 miles from my house. I might have to go check it out.

Also interesting is the fact it was sold by a small town dealer. There might not have been much of an ADM on it, so this price could possibly be more than it originally sold for. I know of a few dealers around Texas that were selling them for MSRP as a couple people in our local group bought theirs at MSRP.

13. Houston Kid

Houston Kid Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    After the last few weeks of the stock market dumping and the pending economic downturn, I have a feeling that ADMs are going to go away faster than I previously thought.

14. machsmith

machsmith Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Honda Minis
    0   0   0
    This^

15. cast1280

cast1280 New Member

First Name:
    Pablo
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350, 2018 Expedition Platinum, 2015 Fusion Titanium
    0   0   0
    I used to sell cars and I can tell you that if that indeed was a trade-in/purchase, that seller didn't get what he wanted. StangMode took his 2020 GT500 to Carmax to get an appraisal and btw, Carmax is a whole seller and their prices are usually very close to whole sell. They were no where close to MSRP. The offer was almost disrespectful... $65k. I'm almost certain that's how much that dealer purchased that vehicle for. It might also be that the vehicle was a demo where the GM/Owner drove the vehicle for a short amount of time. Regardless of the what situation it is, paying over MSRP for a vehicle, regardless of its exclusivity, especially used, is crazy. If that is what you want? By all means go for it, but don't justify your overspending by praising the vehicle and it's exclusivity. I own a 2018 GT350. I purchased with NO ADM and only paid $2k for an allocation, yet I still had them give me a $4500 service and warranty plan for $1500. It's all on the negotiation and when you purchase the vehicle.

5.Oh Crush likes this.