OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Green filter drop in is pretty good. Big improvement over stock right away
You feel a difference in panel air filter? Lol. Is the green filter oiled or dry flow. $45 bucks on fleebay.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You feel a difference in panel air filter? Lol. Is the green filter oiled or dry flow. $45 bucks on fleebay.
I can honestly say yes..lol I felt a bump in throttle response right away. Filter is oiled.

When you pull that stock panel and compare, youll realize it’s a nice upgrade.

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4, 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Other than a tune, are there additional precautions one should take before switching to E85? Are there long-term downsides that should be considered (e.g., corrosive nature of ethanol)? I'm fortunate and have E85 available just one minute away from my house and very interested!

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Other than a tune, are there additional precautions one should take before switching to E85? Are there long-term downsides that should be considered (e.g., corrosive nature of ethanol)? I'm fortunate and have E85 available just one minute away from my house and very interested!
Corrosion inhibitors are used excessively today, so I wouldn't worry about corrosion. However, said corrosion inhibitors are known to cause deposits. Since only 15%+ of the fuel is additized with detergent, you will be lacking in detergency to keep things clean. Ethanol is a solvent, but that doesn't seem to offset the deposits enough. Might be worth running a tank of high detergency 93 octane E10 every once in a while, or use an ethanol approved detergent additive from time to time. I believe polyetheramine is ok in alcohol fuels.

Reactions: 3er

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
On e85, does the oil need to be changed more often? Can you use the same factory 5w-20 oil? Also whats the deal with the O2 sensor angle/position, is that an additional piece needed to purchase?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
E85 itself is not corrosive, that is a misconception. It is however hydroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture. Water build up in the fuel is what will cause havoc. If your car sits for long periods of time or you store e85 for a long time that is where issues can arise. If you drive your car often and simply fill up from a pump you have tested the e content from you should be fine. If you are going to have to let it sit for a good while then switch back over to 93. It is also a good practice to run a tank or two of 93 through the system for cleaning as someone else above had mentioned every few thousand miles. I went about 7k miles on e85 before switching back to 93 for a little bit here recently. I am still investigating about the oil change. I have been going 5k miles between oil changes on e85 but recently noticed some fuel smell in my catch can. I am going to send a sample of my oil to be analyzed at this next change (in about 1k miles) to see if the oil was still suitable for continued use. I have never personally had any issue with either cars o2 sensors, I had SP long tubes on my 15 and have Mak cat deletes on my 18.

Reactions: 3er

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
E85 itself is not corrosive, that is a misconception. It is however hydroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture. Water build up in the fuel is what will cause havoc. If your car sits for long periods of time or you store e85 for a long time that is where issues can arise. If you drive your car often and simply fill up from a pump you have tested the e content from you should be fine. If you are going to have to let it sit for a good while then switch back over to 93. It is also a good practice to run a tank or two of 93 through the system for cleaning as someone else above had mentioned every few thousand miles. I went about 7k miles on e85 before switching back to 93 for a little bit here recently. I am still investigating about the oil change. I have been going 5k miles between oil changes on e85 but recently noticed some fuel smell in my catch can. I am going to send a sample of my oil to be analyzed at this next change (in about 1k miles) to see if the oil was still suitable for continued use. I have never personally had any issue with either cars o2 sensors, I had SP long tubes on my 15 and have Mak cat deletes on my 18.
True. Luckily, the corrosion inhibitors are there in abundance.
STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner should be all PEA detergent, so I believe it would work in E85.

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4, 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Really appreciate the info! Looks like I'll pass on E85 since I tend to err on the side of convenience, even though the performance gains are significant and tempting.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Does anyone have dyno numbers or track times ? Either before and after e85 or just your latest numbers with e85 ?
My last dyno numbers were 455hp 420tq, but that was with just exhaust , c.a.i, and a bama tune. I'm hoping to get back on the dyno this week, but it depends on how busy we are at work, and if my boss will let me use the dyno

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does anyone have dyno numbers or track times ? Either before and after e85 or just your latest numbers with e85 ?
My last dyno numbers were 455hp 420tq, but that was with just exhaust , c.a.i, and a bama tune. I'm hoping to get back on the dyno this week, but it depends on how busy we are at work, and if my boss will let me use the dyno
Is that with e85?