Mikerosa650

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hello all! I have a 2016 mustang gt 5.0
It has a bama (src) 93 tune, mbrp exhaust and rousch cai.

I purchased a 2018+ ported intake manifold from a guy on ebay, it has the mmr lockouts, and has f150 map hole in the back which I plugged.
He purchased it from beefcake racing who apparently has afs do the porting. Beefcake just emailed me back saying not to worry about the hole to plug it and everything should be good.

Long story short it came Saturday, I installed it. The engine was cranking but not turning over, i did try to start it quite a few times. I definitely fouled the plugs out which are only a couple months old. Me and my very good mechanic friend diagnosed everything yesterday all day and even went as far as hooking back up the factory manifold. But it still will not turn over. We pulled the plugs, covered in gas, tried to clean them and put them back. Same thing, again. So right now she sits at home with all the old components hooked up but will not start.

I really need to get her to run, my other car is out of commission with a bent rod... thanks GM(tahoe 5.3)! I should've waited till that was fixed to do this mod but everything looked pretty straight forward with all the install videos and research I've done and watched. So I wasn't really worried.
I am picking up new plugs and a spark tester today from the store and this evening gonna throw in the new plugs and hopefully that does it. Does anyone have any ideas or can offer any assistance into why this happened and if the new plugs do not work what I should do next?
Thank you everyone who reads this in advance!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If the old stuff won't work with the old tune, then something isn't connected or hooked up right.

Does it throw a code? You'll have to check all the things to figure out what was messed up.

OP
OP
Mikerosa650

Mikerosa650

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So at first i didnt have the black plug in the back to the knock sensos and original evap when i tried to turn over a few times. I realized after trying to start quite a few times. Other than that we checked everything over and over multiple times and see nothing out of the ordinary. Keep in mind my mechanic buddy didnt come over til i installed originally by myself. Shouldve just had him come from the beginning.

OP
OP
Mikerosa650

Mikerosa650

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It threw a code for that plug but it went away and also a maf code which also went away after using maf cleaner. So no codes now at this time.

OP
OP
Mikerosa650

Mikerosa650

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
If anyone sees this i swapped plugs and checked fuses. Still nothing.

OP
OP
Mikerosa650

Mikerosa650

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Im a noob. Igniton coil fuse. All good
Sponsored