Sponsored

Mohamad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fivepointoh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015 convertible
I’m going to upgrade my 2015 gt intake manifold to 2018 intake manifold ported but I’m wondering does that require me to change the gaskets? Knowing that my milage is 70k+ km
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I’m going to upgrade my 2015 gt intake manifold to 2018 intake manifold ported but I’m wondering does that require me to change the gaskets? Knowing that my milage is 70k+ km
gaskets? who needs em. LOL. they are silicon rubber if I remember correctly, can be reused if your careful (if intake has been used) if your buying a new ported one, you'll get whatcha need. At your mileage, expect a mess on the IMRC's, be ready for some serious cleaning. Lots of people lock them out with an extra kit, like an MMR, keeps them open permanently.

OP
OP

Mohamad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fivepointoh
Vehicle(s)
gaskets? who needs em. LOL. they are silicon rubber if I remember correctly, can be reused if your careful (if intake has been used) if your buying a new ported one, you'll get whatcha need. At your mileage, expect a mess on the IMRC's, be ready for some serious cleaning. Lots of people lock them out with an extra kit, like an MMR, keeps them open permanently.
I heard once you take off intake manifold off, best off to change all gaskets and get a new one

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I heard once you take off intake manifold off, best off to change all gaskets and get a new one
The new manifold should come with rubber gaskets on it. You shouldn't have to take off the ones on your old one.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The new manifold should come with rubber gaskets on it. You shouldn't have to take off the ones on your old one.
I tried telling him that. And I'm not even sure (someone else come in if I'm wrong) the rubberized gaskets on a '15 intake fit on an '18 and up intake.

OP
OP

Mohamad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fivepointoh
Vehicle(s)
T
Thank you that was helpful
Sponsored