Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The German company name is FluiX. A small company with a handful of employees. I hope the fin-cooled diff cover works as good as it looks.

https://www.fluix.de/product-page/differential-oil-cooler-cover
For half the price of a regular pump & heat exchanger kit it's worth trying, and if it does what it says then that's a solid improvement and enough to keep it out of the danger zone and get most people to the end of the session.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Does anyone have the AL housing or do we all have the cast iron one? I'm curious if it cools any better.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Does anyone have the AL housing or do we all have the cast iron one? I'm curious if it cools any better.
Autos have the aluminum, manuals have the iron. Iron holds heat a bit better, but you won't notice a discernible difference between the two.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Make it out of Mag!

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have seen that people show interest in the differential cover here, but people are hesitant since they are not sure if it works. In this thread in the link @JohnVallo tested the cover. I sent him one cover exactly to prove that it will lower the temperatures.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-diff-cover.146310/page-3#post-3084920

In my view the test was successful, even if there are some requests to do more thorough testing etc, which Ford did not even do on the early GT350s. The drift session John did should give an idea that the temperatures will remain in the safe range.

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I have seen that people show interest in the differential cover here, but people are hesitant since they are not sure if it works. In this thread in the link @JohnVallo tested the cover. I sent him one cover exactly to prove that it will lower the temperatures.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-diff-cover.146310/page-3#post-3084920

In my view the test was successful, even if there are some requests to do more thorough testing etc, which Ford did not even do on the early GT350s. The drift session John did should give an idea that the temperatures will remain in the safe range.
Thank for the post, link and results. great contribution to the topic.
It does look like a reasonable solution for some usage with about 20 degree drop in temp under the more severe conditions tested. 275 to 255.
For real severe usage I'd go with the cooler as several have reported a 40 degree drop in temps. 275 to 235.
Cover: cost is favorable, no wiring and hyd plumbing. Must drop the rear to install.
Cooler: Requires wiring, hyd plumbing and mounting pump and cooler. Higher cost.

Choice is good.....

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Thank for the post, link and results. great contribution to the topic.
It does look like a reasonable solution for some usage with about 20 degree drop in temp under the more severe conditions tested. 275 to 255.
For real severe usage I'd go with the cooler as several have reported a 40 degree drop in temps. 275 to 235.
Cover: cost is favorable, no wiring and hyd plumbing. Must drop the rear to install.
Cooler: Requires wiring, hyd plumbing and mounting pump and cooler. Higher cost.

Choice is good.....
What size tires are you running on the track? I am thinking of going down to an 18" Apex Wheel and real slicks, and seeing you are running track a lot, I am curious. Thanks.

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
What size tires are you running on the track? I am thinking of going down to an 18" Apex Wheel and real slicks, and seeing you are running track a lot, I am curious. Thanks.
RE71 305/30/19 square because I use my car daily and drive to the track. Slicks would be nice but increases the hassles....

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
thinking of going down to an 18" Apex Wheel and real slicks
I picked up 18x11 Flowform F2 for 30% off in order to run used slicks on the back. I don't know if they'll fit over the 6-pots up front.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I picked up 18x11 Flowform F2 for 30% off in order to run used slicks on the back. I don't know if they'll fit over the 6-pots up front.
Apex makes wheels that fit the PP2 up front that don't touch the brakes. I am looking at the used slicks. How wide are you and are you running the square set up? Thanks.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro