Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Thanks for reply - nobody with MPVI HPTuner - As I understand It must be active in PCM module to transmit power to Flap ??
Unfortunately the tune does need to be updated for the 2019+ cars. It is just a drop down switching Active Exhaust to enabled. It can be done by any tuner or you can get the MVPI2 if you want to make other tweaks to the tune.
Sponsored

bpajak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem 2019 Convert
Hi Guys

Anyone have eeprom file for US version 2019 5.0 A10 GT +AE or can send vin i priv message ? Thanks a lot.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Finally got around to installing my Corsa AE system and completed the upgrade on my 2019 GT. Sounds amazing and 'Quiet' mode will be keeping my neighbors and girlfriend happy. Only issue I had was figuring out how to correctly secure harnesses going to the actuators - one plastic plug made sense as there was a corresponding hole to press it into by the connector but at the actuator end I found a hole that might work but is to small. Can anyone provide insight?

tempImage0lRq2q.jpg

Hamood_m7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Are the mufflers of active exhaust different than those cars without active exhaust?

if yes, what is the part number of the active exhaust mufflers?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Are the mufflers of active exhaust different than those cars without active exhaust?

look in the beginning of this thread the part numbers are listed there. I went the route of buying some aftermarket ones with the valve.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
JR3Z-5230-FA
JR3Z-5230-FB

One shows as discontinued and the other is over $800!
Better to get aftermarket at that price!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
To the best of my knowledge ALL active exhaust are welded to the muffler. If they come complete with the actuator. I assume that would be part of the assembly.

Got tired of setting loud every time I started the car, so Roush fixed that.

New parts 500 miles old, need to be sold.

IMG_0367.jpeg

Why are they black, cause they disappear when looking at the rear. A cleaner look, exhaust tips are all that is noticed

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
To the best of my knowledge ALL active exhaust are welded to the muffler. If they come complete with the actuator. I assume that would be part of the assembly.

IMG_0367.jpeg

Why are they black, cause they disappear when looking at the rear. A cleaner look, exhaust tips are all that is noticed
The tips are separate items on my Corsa's so the valve is separate from the mufflers.

tempImageUqPzbR.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The tips are separate items on my Corsa's so the valve is separate from the mufflers.

tempImageUqPzbR.jpg

Interesting mounts with band clamps? A good idea, one could build the system out in steps.

Judging by the size of the muffler it is safe. To say they are louder than a stock set . ................. not that there's anything wrong with that LMAO

Yesterday, friend stopped with a vet just picked up. Has Corsa exhaust, sounds good on his car.

Hamood_m7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

IMG_0367.jpeg

I’m interested if you wanna sell the manufacturer axle back that has the active exhaust

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Interesting mounts with band clamps? A good idea, one could build the system out in steps.

Judging by the size of the muffler it is safe. To say they are louder than a stock set . ................. not that there's anything wrong with that LMAO

Yesterday, friend stopped with a vet just picked up. Has Corsa exhaust, sounds good on his car.
Sound is incredible - Quiet mode is much quieter than stock unless at WOT, Normal sounds like their 'Touring' axle-back, Sport sounds like their 'Sport' cat-back, and Track is like their 'Extreme" cat-back. Neighbors and GF appreciate Quiet mode and I love Track everywhere else :D

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbors are use to me, wife's good with a strong exhaust note.

Used her truck to pick up some tires the other day. Unrestricted

DSC_0016.JPG

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So if you don’t have that connector in the rear, you’re out of luck?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
So if you don’t have that connector in the rear, you’re out of luck?
Yes, as far as easy, seamless, and plug-n-play goes. However, there are other more involved methods that are listed in this and other threads.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18’ Mustang GT
Just out of curiosity would anyone be interested in a plug and play diy kit? Meaning for those with no factory wiring options to use active exhaust mufflers with say a small fob. Install the mufflers actuators run the line into the trunk get power and bam it just works. Have a friend who is looking into using the factory pwm system which means you won't have to worry about the actuator power needing to be reduced with a converter etc. Just looking to see if there is any interest for him to really refine the design. Thanks!
Sponsored