Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
It's always hot here lol. I might be delayed because of this hurricane though. Hopefully everyone is just blowing it out proportion.
Good luck with the hurricane. Hopefully it passes without incident.
Sponsored

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
I'd be interested in this too. My friend hasn't found the harness yet, I'll probably ping him on that again today to see if he has any more time to devote to finding it.

He did find the part number for the actuator pair, but there was no price for it so it might not be available yet/not at all?
JR3Z-5K245-B is the part for the actuator pair.

The mufflers, as have already been posted I think are:
JR3Z-5230-FA
JR3Z-5230-FB

Just need that harness. I also need to find myself some actuators, but that's another story.
Would the active exhaust muffler part numbers be different for a convertible vs. a fastback? There is additional bracing on the convertible so I suspect there are some different bends around the axle area.

I just confirmed my 400A PP1 Convertible has the 12 pin plug for the actuators... So I'm set once I know if the part numbers are the same or different...

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished installing the active exhaust on my 18 PP2, everything works like factory. Plug and play long as you have the harness. Here is the line of code to change in the IPC module if you have a standard cluster.
Inactive code: 720-10-01 0xxx xxxx xxxx
Active code: 720-10-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx
received_234396863889750.jpeg
I just changed the code on my car. I still haven't installed the mufflers so I get active exhaust not available. Gotta get the mufflers on this week.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Would the active exhaust muffler part numbers be different for a convertible vs. a fastback? There is additional bracing on the convertible so I suspect there are some different bends around the axle area.

I just confirmed my 400A PP1 Convertible has the 12 pin plug for the actuators... So I'm set once I know if the part numbers are the same or different...
I kind of doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

Sponsored

1slo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Just checked, my 400A doesn't have the plug unfortunately so I guess I have to come up with another option. I saw Roush offers their iOS Lite axle back that comes with the servos and a harness with a toggle switch to open/close but at $1,700 I think I'm going to try and come up with a better option lol .

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No plug on my 400a either..

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
No plug on my 400a either..
Just checked, my 400A doesn't have the plug unfortunately so I guess I have to come up with another option. I saw Roush offers their iOS Lite axle back that comes with the servos and a harness with a toggle switch to open/close but at $1,700 I think I'm going to try and come up with a better option lol .
There is an ongoing effort for us guys that don't have the harness from the factory. @FISHTAIL is looking into the specifics of the wiring in the driver's footwell that (I believe) all 18's have. Hopefully this will just require running a harness down the length of the vehicle and maybe out of the trunk and to the mufflers. @HextailS550 has also shown some interest in creating a solution for us. Right now I'd just love to get a solid idea of who has the wiring and who doesn't. I believe 18's with one of the following: Safe&Smart, Magneride, or Shaker Pro will have the harness, and those without any won't. But that's just a guess from what I've seen here.

@88lx50 , How is your car equipped?

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is an ongoing effort for us guys that don't have the harness from the factory. @FISHTAIL is looking into the specifics of the wiring in the driver's footwell that (I believe) all 18's have. Hopefully this will just require running a harness down the length of the vehicle and maybe out of the trunk and to the mufflers. @HextailS550 has also shown some interest in creating a solution for us. Right now I'd just love to get a solid idea of who has the wiring and who doesn't. I believe 18's with one of the following: Safe&Smart, Magneride, or Shaker Pro will have the harness, and those without any won't. But that's just a guess from what I've seen here.

I have a 400A convertible. No magneride or safe and smart, but I do have the Shaker pro.

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP

I have an '18 GT Premium PP1 convertible (no safe&smart, no magneride, and no shaker) - I DO have the 12 pin plug for the variable exhaust

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP

Yeah, that's my plan. I bought a used F150 last weekend though and it's been a huge time suck. I hate buying used stuff, but wasn't going to drop the cash on a new one. So I'm having to work my way through all the maintenance on the thing just so I know where I'm starting from...plus fixing a few nagging issues. Hoping to get caught up here soon, then once I get this problem sorted I need to swap the K-member on my fox so I can throw the new engine in. *sigh*. I need a clone.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I have an '18 GT Premium PP1 convertible (no safe&smart, no magneride, and no shaker) - I DO have the 12 pin plug for the variable exhaust

Well then I'm stumped, unless that's a convertible thing. Does anyone know the best way to create a poll or quiz?

It would yes/no to Fastback, Shaker, Magneride, Safe&Smart, and any thing else anyone could think of. It can't be random

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Where do you find the plug? I’m not sure where to look to find it to see if I’ve got it on my 2018.
Sponsored