2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
@FISHTAIL any updates? Anxiously awaiting your findings regarding running wiring, prior picking up all the parts.
Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
@FISHTAIL any updates? Anxiously awaiting your findings regarding running wiring, prior picking up all the parts.
Not yet. The weather here has been extremely uncooperative. The few weekends we've had in what feels like the last 2 months where it wasn't raining, I haven't been home. I'll be home this weekend, so if the weather cooperates I'll finally have the time to pop that panel off and confirm with some pictures for you all where the wires need to go.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Not yet. The weather here has been extremely uncooperative. The few weekends we've had in what feels like the last 2 months where it wasn't raining, I haven't been home. I'll be home this weekend, so if the weather cooperates I'll finally have the time to pop that panel off and confirm with some pictures for you all where the wires need to go.
No worries, appreciate your time and effort!

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Just checked and my EB has the harness. I wonder if I can do the retrofit to my 2018 EB PP.
D7130751-F3B9-4779-A527-30CB45823656.jpeg

Hinch42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2018 GT non pp, non shaker pro, no magneride. 401A. No plug :(

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Just checked and my EB has the harness. I wonder if I can do the retrofit to my 2018 EB PP.
D7130751-F3B9-4779-A527-30CB45823656.jpeg

Seeing as the EB cars are going to have it available for 19, I would think some form of an active muffler would work, I'm just not sure of whether the GT one would mount up fine (or sound good).

jvdged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thinking of trying this retrofit in my 18 GT with a controller with Bluetooth connectivity (haven't selected one yet) so I can control the valves with my phone using IFTTT. If I can get that working I should be able to program it to be quiet based on GPS location.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Seeing as the EB cars are going to have it available for 19, I would think some form of an active muffler would work, I'm just not sure of whether the GT one would mount up fine (or sound good).
There are videos already of the 2019s with the AE, it sounds way better than expected. I just want the ability to have it quiet when my wife/neighborhood and “louder” while driving alone.

One of the guys in the EB side says that his doesn’t have resonator, Ford set a Y Pipe. I guess I have to look around which muffler is the correct one, get a Y pipe and do the software update to my Digital cluster.

mfoley13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 401a, A10, 3.55, Safe&Smart, AE
Here are a few pictures of the muffler install. Hardest part was getting mufflers that weren't damaged when shipped to the dealer - took three tries. Was surprised how the standard mufflers are much bigger and can't reduce the sound as much. Really like the ability to control the volume!

View attachment 313217 View attachment 313219 View attachment 313217
IMG_20181022_191313.jpg
IMG_20181023_161605.jpg
IMG_20181023_155949.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Any update on locating the wires for non active exhaust cars without the plugs.
I am trying to choose my replacement vehicle (my 18 got lemmoned). So far, the dealer couldnt find a car with active exhaust with the options I want. I might give up on the AA first.
Since I am not getting the premium car or magnaride I am sure it wont have the plug either.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am not getting the premium car or magnaride I am sure it wont have the plug either.
It might... just take a peek at the EPAS system before you buy the car!

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
It might... just take a peek at the EPAS system before you buy the car!
The problem with that is, there is no car that I want in my town. They are just gonna bring it here once I decide.
I didnt wanna call the dealers and kneel down for me to check (I am not sure if it will be easy to describe what they will be looking for).
The one (301A PP1 AA) I located in other city is not happening. Either it is sold before my dealer secured it, or the other dealer just doesnt wanna trade with them

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with that is, there is no car that I want in my town. They are just gonna bring it here once I decide.
I didnt wanna call the dealers and kneel down for me to check (I am not sure if it will be easy to describe what they will be looking for).
The one (301A PP1 AA) I located in other city is not happening. Either it is sold before my dealer secured it, or the other dealer just doesnt wanna trade with them
Well, from what we've seen, the plus is in some premium cars but not others, some non-premium but not others, some shaker cars and not others, etc.

Mine is a 401a with shaker, but no PP and no magride, but I still have it. I feel like it's pretty random which cars do or don't have it, so it may come down to having to call the dealer and ask them to look. Could always just email them a picture of the area you need a picture of, and have them email back a picture on your car (I had to do that at one point for something on my car, as the car was delivered to Texas while I was still living in Germany). Dealers will usually bend over backwards if you're considering giving them $40k+

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Any update on locating the wires for non active exhaust cars without the plugs.
I am trying to choose my replacement vehicle (my 18 got lemmoned). So far, the dealer couldnt find a car with active exhaust with the options I want. I might give up on the AA first.
Or you can make a special order and wait a couple of months. If you need a car now, then is a different situation.

It’s only a $900 option when you order it. Build one in ford page, bring it to your dealer, make a price deal with them and order it.

I made a special order because the options I wanted most of the cars didn’t had them. At the end with discounts and X plan I got it for $6,000 less than MSRP. Also, you get whatever exterior/interior colors, options you want.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Well, from what we've seen, the plus is in some premium cars but not others, some non-premium but not others, some shaker cars and not others, etc.

Mine is a 401a with shaker, but no PP and no magride, but I still have it. I feel like it's pretty random which cars do or don't have it, so it may come down to having to call the dealer and ask them to look. Could always just email them a picture of the area you need a picture of, and have them email back a picture on your car (I had to do that at one point for something on my car, as the car was delivered to Texas while I was still living in Germany). Dealers will usually bend over backwards if you're considering giving them $40k+
but again since this is a lemon, the dealers are not making money. I guess thats why it takes so much time for everybody.
Or you can make a special order and wait a couple of months. If you need a car now, then is a different situation.

It’s only a $900 option when you order it. Build one in ford page, bring it to your dealer, make a price deal with them and order it.

I made a special order because the options I wanted most of the cars didn’t had them. At the end with discounts and X plan I got it for $6,000 less than MSRP. Also, you get whatever exterior/interior colors, options you want.
Ford RAV said the special orders take 5-6 months right now (not sure if it is really true or there is a different agenda here). I would be okay with 6months wait since I am now on my 2018 till replacement happens. BUT, Ford RAV is not ok with it. they said I need to pick a car that already exists and my dealer supposed to bring it here.
We were able to find only one "Vel. Blue 301A PP1 AA" but the dealer which has it doesn't wanna trade it with my dealer. They havent even replied to my dealer. I called couple of times today and they simply said no for any trade. Saying, I need to buy it from them.

I got my 2018 $6k off the msrp, and this one is gonna be MSRP to MSRP replacement. I will be responsible from the upgrade difference. They were very strict about it. So I dont even need to negotiate. Basically the new one is gonna be $6k off msrp too and i guess it is fair for a 2019 at this time.

we also located 2" Ruby red 301A PP1 AA" I loved ruby red always but I am really excited for the velocity blue. Maybe I just got bored of seeing the ruby reds all the time.
I am also interested in Black accent package. there are a few with 301A but non of them has the active exhaust.

Since this is a buyback, both dealers and the Ford RAV dont pay attention to my preferences for the replacement. When I was getting my 2018 everything happened in 2 days. They dealer traded and brought my car from out of town in two days. But now, even the approval or rejection of the dealer trade takes a week. We got rejected for the velocity blue and still waiting for responses for the ruby reds.

Thats why I might go with just the Vel. Blue 301A Black Accent Pack and try to add the AA later. I wanted the PP1 too but I can upgrade things in time slowly...
I have been going to dealers and checking the AA plugs of 2019s but so far I only saw them with 401As.
Sponsored