Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

tr_racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT in process
If anyone is on the fence about it, get off, it sounds amazing! I don't have the wiring hooked up yet, so the butterflies are in the full open position, but damn! This is still with the stock resonator, which will come out and be replaced with the Steeda H-pipe, once the wiring is connected, and I can quiet them down.

JR
Do you have the Roush valence ?
Sponsored

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
If anyone is on the fence about it, get off, it sounds amazing! I don't have the wiring hooked up yet, so the butterflies are in the full open position, but damn! This is still with the stock resonator, which will come out and be replaced with the Steeda H-pipe, once the wiring is connected, and I can quiet them down.

JR

So is this confirmation that these fit with the Roush rear valence?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

Sponsored

mfoley13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 401a, A10, 3.55, Safe&Smart, AE
Question for the 2018's - How are you hooking up the muffler pipes? I'm lucky enough to have the right wiring/plug on my 401A but no clamp between the resonator and mufflers like the part diagrams show. I may need to get a muffler shop involved.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Anyone successful with this yet?
I'm still waiting on parts now also. But I did manage to get my hands on all the wiring diagrams needed to figure out where to tie into the system for those without the pre-wire on a 2018. From what I've had time to look over already, it looks like the factory wiring should terminate at the body harness connection behind the drivers side footwell panel. I know mine has the wires coming out of the PCM, and they aren't in the body harness, so I suspect that's where I'll need to tie in. Which is nice, because then I don't need to be as concerned with the elements.

Hoping to get some free time this weekend to pop that kick panel off and confirm.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Question for the 2018's - How are you hooking up the muffler pipes? I'm lucky enough to have the right wiring/plug on my 401A but no clamp between the resonator and mufflers like the part diagrams show. I may need to get a muffler shop involved.
I have a complete catback for my project. But if you don't, you'll need to cut your factory catback.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I didn't feel like installing them on jackstands, so I had a local shop do the install. $75 for the work and $40 for two exhaust clamps. They also did their best to fix the bent tips that Levittown sent me.

JR

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Question for the 2018's - How are you hooking up the muffler pipes? I'm lucky enough to have the right wiring/plug on my 401A but no clamp between the resonator and mufflers like the part diagrams show (continuous pipe). I may need to get a muffler shop involved.

I believe guys are getting the cars welded because of the gap between the muffler and the resonator. I don't think they match right up and may need something created (and welded) to bridge the gap. Someone else can chime in here.

I'd like to know, do you have magneride, or Shaker Pro by chance?
I didn't feel like installing them on jackstands, so I had a local shop do the install. $75 for the work and $40 for two exhaust clamps. They also did their best to fix the bent tips that Levittown sent me.

JR
EDIT:
So to be clear, the 2018 Muffler's have enough pipe that they can be clamped to a resonator delete with nothing else? I'm sorry if I was mistaken then. I didn't see any pictures on the parts websites when I last checked. I thought they were just Muffler+Tips with nothing before them attached.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
EDIT:
So to be clear, the 2018 Muffler's have enough pipe that they can be clamped to a resonator delete with nothing else? I'm sorry if I was mistaken then. I didn't see any pictures on the parts websites when I last checked. I thought they were just Muffler+Tips with nothing before them attached.
No - it is short. I am going to grind off the welded joint between the 2 mounts and reweld there.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I know I would have to remove the tips, but does any one know if the active mufflers will work with a GT350 Valance?

mfoley13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 401a, A10, 3.55, Safe&Smart, AE
I'd like to know, do you have magneride, or Shaker Pro by chance?
No magnaride or shaker pro here. I did get the safe&smart package. We'll eventually figure out what combination of features gets the pre-wire.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
We'll eventually figure out what combination of features gets the pre-wire.
Maybe there should be a poll for those who have it in order to narrow it down more quickly.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Maybe there should be a poll for those who have it in order to narrow it down more quickly.
Good idea. Just for reference, I do not have magneride or safe and smart. I do have the shaker pro on a 400a GT premium vert, and I have the prewire.
Sponsored