2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
:fistbump:
hope it is not something too complicated :please:
It shouldn't be. Worst case scenario and you just tap in (or replace) the wires right at the PCM. I'd like a cleaner install though, so that's why I'm hunting for where they terminate.
Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Non-update for people waiting. Still waiting for my buddy who works at ford to pull the connection locations for me so I can check them out. I'll post back once I've got an answer. Hopefully everyone without the pigtail has a system that terminates the wires in the same location. And it's easy to reach.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Any news? I am currently looking for an 18 GT. The active exhaust option is hard to find in magnetic so I am really hoping for a solution.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Yesterday, I saw a PP 401A without the active. it had the plugs. It might be coming with 401a?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Yesterday, I saw a PP 401A without the active. it had the plugs. It might be coming with 401a?
I wish, my car is a PP with 401a and doesn't have the plug. Some other option set dictates if you get that body harness. I'd guess it's either magride, or an upgraded sound system, as in both of those cases the harness running to that section of the car would need to be different.

I haven't had a chance to trace the harness yet, but I can tell you that the wires ARE present at the PCM in my vehicle. I just don't know where they terminate. So the absolute worst case scenario would be I would have to cut and solder in a new connection right off of the PCM to get this functional. I prefer a cleaner solution though, so my plan is to find the harness where the wires end, and tie in there with pins, rather than cutting and splicing the vehicle harness.

I've ordered the parts, so I'll get this figured out, pictures taken and it wired before too long.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Any news? I am currently looking for an 18 GT. The active exhaust option is hard to find in magnetic so I am really hoping for a solution.

I was looking for a Magnetic 18 over the last month as well. I ended up having a 401a without Active trucked to me, but there are still a few with active out there. PM me if you need help.

Do you know if it had Shaker Pro and/or Magneride?

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I was looking for a Magnetic 18 over the last month as well. I ended up having a 401a without Active trucked to me, but there are still a few with active out there. PM me if you need help.
Thanks. I think I found one today but I may shoot that PM if it turns out to be a dud.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Thanks. I think I found one today but I may shoot that PM if it turns out to be a dud.
Okay sounds good. I'm going to roll the dice at an active exhaust retrofit because I found a 401a at pretty much the same price and fell for the digital cluster.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Haha! I plan on retrofitting the cluster. I need both in my life.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue

Do you know if it had Shaker Pro and/or Magneride?
Here is the window sticker. Oh I just realized that I missed that it is 2019 and BLIS comes with 401a

IMG_8897.JPG

Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Here is the window sticker. Oh I just realized that I missed that it is 2019 and BLIS comes with 401a

IMG_8897.JPG
Yeah and memory seats too. Bastards. My wife drives my car sometimes, and while I didn't care about blis, I would have LOVED the memory seat option. Kinda irks me that it wasn't in 401a on the 18, but was 15-17, and on the 19 again. I manage to buy the ONE year that 401a doesn't get the memory option. *sigh*.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Yeah and memory seats too. Bastards. My wife drives my car sometimes, and while I didn't care about blis, I would have LOVED the memory seat option. Kinda irks me that it wasn't in 401a on the 18, but was 15-17, and on the 19 again. I manage to buy the ONE year that 401a doesn't get the memory option. *sigh*.
Memory seats and auto up/down windows are two features that I don't understand why manufacturers don't make standard. The motors and switches are all already present.. I know it's a money grab but it just seems ridiculous.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Anyone successful with this yet?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Still waiting on my parts. Apparently Ford doesn’t know how to package the mufflers so they don’t get damaged in shipping.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Still waiting on my parts. Apparently Ford doesn’t know how to package the mufflers so they don’t get damaged in shipping.
Levittown Ford had to ship me four mufflers, and we ended up having to mix and match exhaust tips, plus do a little metalworking to knock two of them back into some semblance of true round. Ford delivers them to the dealership on a truck, unpackaged, then the dealer has to package them, and that's where the cluster comes into play.

JR
Sponsored