2017 GT 350

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So again, I bought my 18 and just ran out of warranty on April 28th. So it's possible like mine that he is in b2b and if not, still under powertrain.

And as I stated, he can still get an ESP through Ford if he wants. I said nothing about engines blowing so not sure why you are even bringing up 3 out of 10. 15-18s all had the same engine.

Nothing I stated was inaccurate. You do NOT know went it when into service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
My GT350 is my commuter car/daily driver and it's been nothing but flawless.

Before I bought it, after reading online I was scared I'd have to baby it for fear of running it out of oil or blowing it up while accelerating on the on-ramp. I remember checking my oil every week for the first couple months because of what I read online. LOL...oh, the internet.

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
You passed on a car with a replacement engine, I would have considered that a bonus. Most if not all got the gen 2 VooDoo as a replacement.
Ya.....kinda kick myself today for it! Back then it was a LOT of $$$$ for a car without #'s matching motor. Still on the lookout for one!!

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I was at my local dealer trying to buy a new Mach 1 (fail) when I saw the above vehicle on their showroom floor. The vehicle has 4,100 miles on it and looks to be in excellent condition, its a 2 owner car. Asking $63,998. I know nothing about the very little about 350, I do know they don't make them any more. Can someone tell me why I should or shouldn't try and buy it? Thanks in advance
'21 Mach 1 owner myself. Posting a reply because I was somewhat in your shoes a year ago. Was looking for a used 350 to buy was nervous about the negative rep about engine and other minor issues. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2016 with 4,000 miles on it but was more comfortable at that point in life getting a well equipped Mach 1 with new warranty. I love my Mach 1 with all of the "parts bin" goodies. It's a fun car and compliments roll in regularly. Buuuuttttttt...... I still eye the used 350 market and I pretty much drool everytime a 350 rolls past me. So, if I had to do it all over again, I would buy a gently used 350 after carefully researching service records, and get an ESP. My point, if you want a 350, and decide not to get one, make sure you are sure because man they are intoxicating cars and settling for something else may leave you still wanting a 350.

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
2018 GT350 with 32k. Running strong.... I actually told the wife that I want another in stock form. It's that good. The car is unique and stands apart from the other mustangs. No offense to the mach 1's I considered one but at the end of the day, it seemed as a trackable GT with a coyote. I know myself and it would have lasted at my home for a year before moving on to something else. With the 650 coming and the specs still aren't as good on paper as the GT350. My opinion only... don't throw heavy stuff at me!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Finally21

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Was back at the dealer today taking another look at the 350. It’s on the showroom floor, they said you could only drive it if you buy it. They quickly changed their stance when I refused to abide by that. Sales manager added another thousand to my trade in so that’s a win. My concern about the Recaros went away once I sat in the drivers seat. Got the Oasis report, only a couple of recalls so original motor. Told them I would let them know on Monday my decision.

Spodie5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I will also add this. I bought my 2016 from a Dodge dealership. The 16's have the normal spin on oil filters that have to be torqued. I changed the oil within a few days of purchase and guess what.... The filter had not been properly torqued and I was able to spin it off by hand. I think a lot of the blown engines in the early models could have been related to improper or not torquing the filters and they vibrated off and led to engine failure. I think Ford changed the filter design in 2017.

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
I bought my 2017 in late 2019 with 325 miles. Now has 4250. Only issue has been a leaking oil pressure sensor. Was fixed under warranty, no issue since. Doesn’t burn any measurable amount of oil.
They are special cars. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy any year with the original engine or a replacement engine. With that said, if not included, I would get an ESP plan to make sure engine is covered for as long as possible……peace of mind.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
I currently own 2 GT350's and have had 4. Never had an engine issue. I believe there were some interviews with Jim Owens and when asked about the engine failures he said the percentage of failures were about the same as the regular GT failure rate. Don't believe the BS the Voodoo engine is part of the allure of the GT350. Its like the carbon fiber wheels everyone talked about how hard they are to get repaired, and we found out that wasn't the case.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A Ford dealership has the ability to certify a car they sell. CPOs come with a 7 year and 100,000 mile warranty. You can extend that by buying a warranty. So a 17, if CPO, would have another year of powertrain and bumper to bumper.

If the car consumed large amounts of oil, it probably would have been in the oasis and an engine swap would probably already been accomplished.

If the price was right, I'd seriously consider the car.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I think those doubts will fly out the window once you start rowing through the gears and experience what the fuss is all about, as Sheryl Crow would say. The car is a blast to drive and short of a 1969 Mach 1, imho is the hottest looking Mustang!

HowieS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've had 2 2017 GT350Rs. I still own 1. I tracked one of them pretty hard and the car wanted more.

You people who are passing judgement on a model year are way out of bounds. "I heard" or "I read that" doesn't mean crap. You have mostly never owned or had first hand experience with this model year in this model.

The whole gen 2 voodoo stuff is just bullshit. They made some adjustments, but it is the same engine essentially.

To the OP, I would not pass on a 2017 if the car was taken care of and did not exhibit any problems.

Don't listen to a bunch of "I heard that" internet banter stuff. I still have one of my 2017 Rs. Great car. The other had to go to make way for the GT500CFTP. I miss it. It was a great car.

Don't listen to these turds.
Agree totally. I bought a 2018 GT350 with 53,000 miles. I was told the same about the engine but mine is still mechanically sound, burns no oil and I have fun driving it every time I am on the road.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I reached out to an owner here via PM after I drove the R and a 500 back to back (he owns both) to get thoughts and opinions which was super helpful. I’m sure someone would be willing to do the same for you as well if you reach out.

Good luck!
I'd love to read that review you were given. Maybe post it anonymously?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT