2016 Mustang Order Guide

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Someone help me out please.

What are the "Hood turn signals"?

And does my 2015 GT Premium have heated mirrors?
I see that it's a thing on the 16' but I didn't see it as a change on the first page.
Your GT Premium has heated mirrors.

The hood turn signals are an AWESOME new feature that I really want to add which puts a turn signal light inside the heat extractor vents. It's a seriously old-school design element -- HUGE in the 50's-80's -- that I tremendously wish I had. It serves no purpose whatsoever other than looking cool. They can only be seen from inside the cabin.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Grr.

I KNEW they would offer the PP wheel in something other than black once I bought my '15.

:frusty:
Yep - that is the reason I didn't order it on mine! Crap! :frusty:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Right, because chrome is the only other color besides black.

Who said anything about chrome?
This. At least I wish those that black out all logos and emblems would be a bit more original and paint them the color of their cars, or something that stands out/contrasts like white or red.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Black or chrome is better than the horrid monochromatic fad of the late 80s (I.e. Red car, red wheels, red wipers, etc) Lots of chrome looks good to me on a luxury car but only key accents on sports cars. I like contrast in just enough places to make a car interesting.

I think oversized chrome wheels that do NOT fit the character of a car is so overdone these days, and is one of the worst styling mistakes with aftermarket parts. Chrome wheels just do not stand out to me as interesting anymore. There are so many more painted and machined combos that appeal to me.

Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What is the thought on how much the 2016s will cost compared to the 2015s? I was quoted $36k for a 400A/Auto/3.55s OTD. Though I believe there is still negotiating room in that quote as well.

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Really glad I ordered a 15 last week. I’ll take the incentives and my car by the 4th of July over any of this sticker pack with blinker bling in October. I was thinking about Sync 3 but I really don’t like how bright white/blue the screen is for a car with all black interior. I like the calm tones of MFT much more. I don’t care how fast it is. I just find the station I want and leave it alone for the most part. I didn’t even order Nav.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
What is the thought on how much the 2016s will cost compared to the 2015s? I was quoted $36k for a 400A/Auto/3.55s OTD. Though I believe there is still negotiating room in that quote as well.
Pricing should be pretty much identical across the board...almost all the same packages. Not sure if the cost will go up by a few hundred due to LED signals or not...highly doubt it.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Pricing should be pretty much identical across the board...almost all the same packages. Not sure if the cost will go up by a few hundred due to LED signals or not...highly doubt it.
Thanks, I wanted to see if waiting would result in still getting a similar price. I don't want to pay more when I really am not asking for more than the 15.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wondering if you think GT Premium w/PP (no other options) is reasonable to get for $38k OTD with Xplan and rebates. This is what I'm going to try work out with my dealer today if they're taking 2016 orders. I love that the hood turn signals are standard.

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wondering if you think GT Premium w/PP (no other options) is reasonable to get for $38k OTD with Xplan and rebates. This is what I'm going to try work out with my dealer today if they're taking 2016 orders. I love that the hood turn signals are standard.
Can you let us know if you're able to make an order today? I've been to 2 of my local dealers and they said they can't order 2016 yet. Both of them didn't know the order guide was even out yet. I'm still making my way to some more dealers to see if any are capable of ordering.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you let us know if you're able to make an order today? I've been to 2 of my local dealers and they said they can't order 2016 yet. Both of them didn't know the order guide was even out yet. I'm still making my way to some more dealers to see if any are capable of ordering.
I'll report back. I'm not really holding my breath at this point now though because the X-Plan site hasn't even updated with 2016 yet, meaning I can't even generate a 2016 PIN to use for ordering. sigh.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
My dealer said they don't have the pricing guides/order system information yet...usually follows 2-3 days after the order guides.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Don't know about some of you guys, but I find that the way I sit in my 2015 and the position of the wheel I prefer, I don't see the turn signal indicators in the dash unless I sit up a tad to look for it. I've done the "grandpa leaving my blinker on" a couple of times because of that (usually my radio is plenty louder than the blinker noise...:headbang:) In other words, I think the hood indicators would actually benefit me more than just "looking cool", though they do! My friend in high school had a 67 with them and I always thought it was a neat feature.

Also, anyone else impressed that Ford has listened to the consumers? I was shocked that we all made such an impression! Any of you who have been lurking these forums for the past year or so will know that many of us tweeted, favebooked, and e-mailed Ford about the several things we wanted to see, and it appears they actually responded for many of them! I think these were two of the largest package complaints:

1. No PP for GT Convertibles (though they did skip on giving it to Auto customers, for some reason...that was a big one for many people)
  2. No other finish options for PP Wheels

Sucks that I complained to Ford many times about it, never heard back (didn't expect to), and I still ordered my 2015...now I have to be in awe of those 2016 owners who get the choice :( Oh well, my fault for being impatient!

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
If the black out package is like $100 more then the 68B wheel package (the black out wheels are the 648 wheels but black), I'll pay the extra $100 not to do it and to have them actually be black.
The 648 wheels and the black wheels with the 60B Black Accent Package are not just the same design in two different colors. The design is different also.
Sponsored