2016 Mustang Order Guide

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Honestly, you wouldn't want that transmission for performance anyway. Once they get a dual clutch or at a minimum a floor +/- where you can hold it in gear, then it would be worth it.
Don't tell me what I want! It is worth it if you have a wife who refuses to learn to drive a stick, you'll figure that out when you grow up.
Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I think I found an error. The Ecoboost page (100A) says the standard wheel is now the 18x8" Magnetic Painted Machined Aluminum but the wheel page says the 17x7.5" Sparkle Silver Painted Aluminum wheel is standard on the 100A Ecoboost. The 18x8" was the standard wheel on the 2015 200A Premium and the 17x7.5" was standard on the 2015 100A . For 2016 it looks like the 18x8" is standard on the Ecoboost, Ecoboost Premium, GT, and GT Premium now but the wheel page has not changed to match it.

cwh19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Honestly, you wouldn't want that transmission for performance anyway. Once they get a dual clutch or at a minimum a floor +/- where you can hold it in gear, then it would be worth it.
Truth. I was autocrossing with a guy that had an automatic in his 15 and it was all over the place. They need to offer a DCT to include a performance pack with an auto.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I'm liking the new wheel options.
X2

Finally, you can get the PP without the black wheels. I've never gotten the appeal of an all-black wheel on any car.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
OK, who wants to trade my black wheels for some new luster nickel finish action? I don't hate the black, but they look so much better that color.
+1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
X2

Finally, you can get the PP without the black wheels. I've never gotten the appeal of an all-black wheel on any car.
The PP black wheels are actually the only black wheels I've ever liked, and the fit well with most of the S550 colors and styling imho. It's what initially drew my interest to the PP before knowing all the performance upgrades.

Having said that I'll never understand this "blackout" trend. Everyone is blacking out logos and whatnot and I don't see the appeal at all.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
any footage of the hood vent turn signals?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The PP black wheels are actually the only black wheels I've ever liked, and the fit well with most of the S550 colors and styling imho. It's what initially drew my interest to the PP before knowing all the performance upgrades.

Having said that I'll never understand this "blackout" trend. Everyone is blacking out logos and whatnot and I don't see the appeal at all.
because chrome is for old generation... those of us who are 19-35 or maybe up to 40ish hate chrome mostly.

anyways I'm glad I didn't wait on 2016. I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of the 15 since jan. no regrets...not even sync3...only thing I wish I had an option for was black roof but that's not a big deal... black roof is just one more thing that I would have to keep clean.

although I really wish they dropped CO and added another color so CO could keep it's rarity...but it's gorgeous and different and it's selling.

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
X2

I had an '83 GT with the TRX wheels and tires. The traction was terrible in the wet or snowy conditions so I bought winter tires and wheels. They were black steel wheels with no hubcaps. I never thought I was starting a trend with that look.... :tsk:

I couldn't wait to take the boots off in the Spring and put the running shoes back on...looks and performance.

rick8172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Citadel
Why is HP, torque and mileage TBD? Is that standard every year? Would there be any changes vs 2015?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Sad no PP for the autos, but oh well. Would be nice to get a 2016 without the stupid hood turn signals. I just want SYNC 3 vs ordering a 2015 with MFT.
Swap them out for '15 vents. Simple job.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT