OP

gfbmustang1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The factory system, not really. There aftermarket systems available though.

I have to ask, what is it you are trying to accomplish? How do you use your car? Would you looking to buy a new car or used?
Without more information from you it’s impossible to give you a detailed answer.
Yeah , probably upgrade to 2018+ found a pp2 , don’t see many, what do think of pp2 is it worth the extra $
So I have 2016 GT base , I drove a pp1 and it handles better so that is what I’m try to achieve, when I bought the base GT I just was concerned with coyote engine and probably should have researched more , so probably the easiest is to look for 18+

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Agreed but look at the cost of a 22‘ with just 301a, PP & MR.

28EED416-4D85-42C4-90D4-A6C00EE3DF5A.jpeg
Yep. But used car values are so high, the OP would get strong money for his trade in.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah , probably upgrade to 2018+ found a pp2 , don’t see many, what do think of pp2 is it worth the extra $
So I have 2016 GT base , I drove a pp1 and it handles better so that is what I’m try to achieve, when I bought the base GT I just was concerned with coyote engine and probably should have researched more , so probably the easiest is to look for 18+
Snatch that PP2 up. If you want handling, that's the business.

Just be ready to put tires on it immediately.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Snatch that PP2 up. If you want handling, that's the business.

Just be ready to put tires on it immediately.
Unless you actually are considering taking the car to the track, I would pass. It is a unique option to the PP1 but it does not seem to hold any additional value. Also as @KingKona said the Michelin Cup 2 tires would need to be replaced (if they weren't already). Although street legal they are essentially a race tire.

Of course it all depends on the total car, color and options. And of course, pricing.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Curious as mine is a base also

How it says “unique chassis , tuning etc.” what’s that referring to?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Curious as mine is a base also

How it says “unique chassis , tuning etc.” what’s that referring to?
It's just that. Special chassis tuning for the package. Ford doesn't give out specifics. Even if you add all the factory parts it will still not be a PP package suspension. That said you can certainly do you own suspension (depending on your needs) to meet or even exceed the PP.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Nice , hmm what do think a ballpark cost ? Might be easier to sell and purchase a pp1 stang . What about magna ride I hear talked about how do you know if a used stang has this option

There is also some changes in the strategies with the stability control, EPAS and the ABS vs. a base Mustang.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Unless you actually are considering taking the car to the track, I would pass. It is a unique option to the PP1 but it does not seem to hold any additional value. Also as @KingKona said the Michelin Cup 2 tires would need to be replaced (if they weren't already). Although street legal they are essentially a race tire.

Of course it all depends on the total car, color and options. And of course, pricing.
Considering the OP want's handling uber alles, I'd say that PP2 is a great chance. Just put some MPS4s on it, and it's GTG as a daily driver. Big ol' meaty 305s all around, firmer Magneride suspension.....sweet stuff.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Considering the OP want's handling uber alles, I'd say that PP2 is a great chance. Just put some MPS4s on it, and it's GTG as a daily driver. Big ol' meaty 305s all around, firmer suspension, Magneride........sweet stuff.
I hear you. But OP is currently driving a 16' vert. It's a fairly large step to a PP car and it is all he may want/need. That said if the total package fits the bill and the price is within the budget, I concur, go with it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I hear you. But OP is currently driving a 16' vert. It's a fairly large step to a PP car and it is all he may want/need. That said if the total package fits the bill and the price is within the budget, I concur, go with it.
Yeah, OP's got to decide.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy the steeda handling pack and some sticky tires. You'll have > any pp1 or pp2 car.

charlied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Limited
The ford performance street handling pack is the suspension on the pp1, but the springs on the kit are better than what came on the car. I'm in the same boat converting my 17 gt/cs to a performance pack car. For me though, spending another 50k on a new car when I can just spend a few thousand upgrading what I have wasn't worth it. Alot of people on this forum bitch about the street handling pack but it's a good setup. Especially if you have low profile tires, live in an area with crappy roads, and don't track your car. The street pack is more than adequate for a daily driver, and you can get it from late model restoration for 1k.
Sponsored