Sponsored

Change a PP1 into a PP2.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
He wants an A10, so ordering a PP2 wouldn't work for his needs.

OP, why copy the PP2? If you are going to spend the money, go beyond the PP2. I would go with something like GT350 replica wheels and 305s all around. Instead of PP2 springs (which are GT350 springs), go for the FRPP GT350 springs. I believe the PP2 also has a couple other components from the GT350 that can be improved through aftermarket selections. The only thing that wouldn't be a cheap and easy replacement, is the damper and steering calibration. If you find that the dampers are lacking, there are aftermarket control solutions for that. They are a bit pricey though.
Yeah, I like this idea.

Get a PP1 with magneride, add GT350 springs, PP2 sway bars and maybe some GT350 wheels, and you should be good enough.

Remember the PP1 already has better tuned suspension than the stock GT.

I'm in the same boat. As I want a PP2 with 10-speed auto. Its FASTER than manual first of all. Second sometimes I want to be lazy and not shift. Third, my wife can't drive stick so our 3rd car becomes a me only toy that she doesn't like. She loved my 2014 GT Convertible bc it was Auto and she could cruise around with the top down.
Sponsored

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
It all depends on what you really want out of the car, do you just want the PP2 look, the added aero effects of the splitter/wing, or do you see an advantage in having stiffer suspension components?

I've had my PP2 since 1/22/18, and looking at components on my car as well as discussions here with others, we've found most of the suspension parts are from the GT350, looks like it has different wheel liners, and then you have your other splitter/wing, tune, and PP2 wheels with SC2 tires. If you are going to daily drive it, you'll drop a good 1000-1500 on new tires immediately (and if you don't, you will in about 3-4k miles as they'll be worn out by then). Also, I've read this somewhere (still trying to find the article again) that a couple other components were beefed up to handle the wider front tires (not sure if knuckles or other suspension parts, but it was outside of the springs and sway bar) as the stiffer suspension and that wide front stance wasn't going to hold up well on the original components used in PP1. I haven't been able to find anything on fordparts to validate this, but something to inquire further about and consider.

There was also a person on here that bought PP2 rims from ebay but never put them on and plans to sell them. I haven't followed all the posts, but wondering if they didn't fit, or if there were rub issues or other concerns (keep in mind the wheel well liners are different). May have just found something else they wanted instead, who knows... I remember seeing a post of them having them and test fitting rim, but then next thing I know they had different rims on their car and were selling these.

If you really don't care about the stiffer suspension and already have magneride, I would enjoy the car for a while and then decide how to mod. Maybe add the PP2 splitter and wing, and eventually get some PP2 wheels (assuming they can fit, or if you have to change liners out, do that as well, and look into other suspension parts that may be different for the whole purpose of handling the wider stance versus the stiffer springs/sway bar). It all comes down to what you want in it. I'm not sure if they'll ever offer an auto, but you could not take delivery of the PP1 and wait to see if that is an option. Parts of me would love an auto in it, but I also love manual transmissions and being that it is made with the track in mind, not sure if they'll go down that auto route one day.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I cant see selling the PP2 tires and making much on them, no warranty no nothing and used tires just dont sell well. So when you plan a DD think about the tires, most important thing you have on there for safety, you not driving all year on the PP2 tires unless you live in FLA or AZ. Even then that is a maybe. Yeh the wheels on the PP2 are nice, you can always replace the PP1 wheels later and go a little wider when you have to replace tires. If your not tracking it a lot I dont see the big deal. But this is all personal preference, I went though the same deal but in the end Ill DD mine a lot and the trade off isnt worth it to me, the PP1 is dam good looking and functional and I get an A10.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I really regret not getting magna ride on my 18. I LOVE the look of the PP2 front splitter and have been contemplating grabbing one. Anybody know what they cost, Im assuming around 500?

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
It all depends on what you really want out of the car, do you just want the PP2 look, the added aero effects of the splitter/wing, or do you see an advantage in having stiffer suspension components?

I've had my PP2 since 1/22/18, and looking at components on my car as well as discussions here with others, we've found most of the suspension parts are from the GT350, looks like it has different wheel liners, and then you have your other splitter/wing, tune, and PP2 wheels with SC2 tires. If you are going to daily drive it, you'll drop a good 1000-1500 on new tires immediately (and if you don't, you will in about 3-4k miles as they'll be worn out by then). Also, I've read this somewhere (still trying to find the article again) that a couple other components were beefed up to handle the wider front tires (not sure if knuckles or other suspension parts, but it was outside of the springs and sway bar) as the stiffer suspension and that wide front stance wasn't going to hold up well on the original components used in PP1. I haven't been able to find anything on fordparts to validate this, but something to inquire further about and consider.

There was also a person on here that bought PP2 rims from ebay but never put them on and plans to sell them. I haven't followed all the posts, but wondering if they didn't fit, or if there were rub issues or other concerns (keep in mind the wheel well liners are different). May have just found something else they wanted instead, who knows... I remember seeing a post of them having them and test fitting rim, but then next thing I know they had different rims on their car and were selling these.

If you really don't care about the stiffer suspension and already have magneride, I would enjoy the car for a while and then decide how to mod. Maybe add the PP2 splitter and wing, and eventually get some PP2 wheels (assuming they can fit, or if you have to change liners out, do that as well, and look into other suspension parts that may be different for the whole purpose of handling the wider stance versus the stiffer springs/sway bar). It all comes down to what you want in it. I'm not sure if they'll ever offer an auto, but you could not take delivery of the PP1 and wait to see if that is an option. Parts of me would love an auto in it, but I also love manual transmissions and being that it is made with the track in mind, not sure if they'll go down that auto route one day.
Where was this discussed? I cannot find any discussion of this.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Get the car first and then figure out what you need to do to match your goals. Saying you want to replicate a PP2 doesn't really get you anywhere. Saying you want a great cruiser or grand touring car or a streetable track rat or double duty street/autocrosser gives you actual real direction.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Get the car first and then figure out what you need to do to match your goals. Saying you want to replicate a PP2 doesn't really get you anywhere. Saying you want a great cruiser or grand touring car or a streetable track rat or double duty street/autocrosser gives you actual real direction.
What I am saying is that if I could have gotten a PP2 with a 10 Speed that is what I would have gotten. I like the wheels, spoiler and the bigger tires.
Lee :headbonk:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What I am saying is that if I could have gotten a PP2 with a 10 Speed that is what I would have gotten. I like the wheels, spoiler and the bigger tires.
Lee :headbonk:
Is it really more for the aesthetics then? If that's the case just, wheels and tires. They're fantastic looking. If you're really looking to do something in the suspension and handling department, BMR cradle lockout kit.
Sponsored