Sponsored

Can GT 350 center gauges be installed in a 17 GT PP1 Car?

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
So is the purpose of this to get gauges that read a higher oil pressure and an oil temp gauge? What other benefits does the swap provide

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
So is the purpose of this to get gauges that read a higher oil pressure and an oil temp gauge? What other benefits does the swap provide
It's the only way to get an oil temperature indication on some cars (mine, as an example), where EOT is not one of the supported glass dash options.

OP
OP
canyon ed

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Any new ideas on OP gauge to work ? I had before going to the dealer

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, I'm going to mess with FORScan tomorrow for the first time, and have a couple of suggestions to add oil temperature to the middle gauge menu list; hopefully one of them will work. But if not, then I want to get the GT350 gauges too. But what's the deal? Over Tasca, it says there's a core charge. On other sites there isn't. Do we get money back by turning our gauges??? And the only drawback is that it doesn't have 'MyColor', correct? I already changed the gauge color to white anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference to me :).

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gang, I'm going to mess with FORScan tomorrow for the first time, and have a couple of suggestions to add oil temperature to the middle gauge menu list; hopefully one of them will work. But if not, then I want to get the GT350 gauges too. But what's the deal? Over Tasca, it says there's a core charge. On other sites there isn't. Do we get money back by turning our gauges??? And the only drawback is that it doesn't have 'MyColor', correct? I already changed the gauge color to white anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference to me :).
The GT350 gauges are a direct swap for your Bullitt if you choose to go that route.
They do not change with MyColor.
There's no core charge, Tasca's website needs to be fixed.
Hit up Levittown Ford on the forum here and get a discount.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay; will do. One final question. My car is a 2019, so which part number do I need? FR3Z-10849-E, or FR3V-10B944-AC? Saw both, and not sure which would be better for my car. Maybe the latter works with MyColor :D? But I just changed the primary color to white, so I don't care if they're only white.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Okay; will do. One final question. My car is a 2019, so which part number do I need? FR3Z-10849-E, or FR3V-10B944-AC? Saw both, and not sure which would be better for my car. Maybe the latter works with MyColor :D? But I just changed the primary color to white, so I don't care if they're only white.
FR3Z-10849-E is the part number for the GT350 gauges.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You won't be able to add oil temp in your cluster w/ forscan, Ford removed it in the firmware in clusters from 19+ cars for unknown reasons.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh man. Do you know if Ford also removed the trans temperature from the firmware? And do you know if the MT-82 even has a temp sensor? And finally, do you think it'd hurt anything trying it on my car? Livnitup suggested the following 2 changes on IPC 720-07-01 (maybe you tried them already): My car shows 0405 0000 0038, and first suggestion is xxxx x254 xxxx. And if it doesn't work, the second is xxxx x2A8 xxxx. Checked them both, and they make sense to me. Let me know if you need the description of each one. Thx.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay gang. I can confirm I tried EVERYTHING to try to get oil temperature to the digital gauge, and failed miserably. So was going to order the GT350 gauge pod, and now ALL THREE Ford parts places I tried are charging a $300 core for p/n FR3Z-10849-E; WTF? Besides, our part is not the same, so I'd basically be spending $600 for the pod; no thanks. Hopefully there's a way around that. Oh, and the only place which offered a description said the -E part was for 2.3EBs. Not encouraging at all. Will go back here and try other posted parts places, and see if I have better luck. Thank you. By the way, wish I could just change the vacuum gauge for the oil temperature one, but it's probably not possible, right? It's like having a 300-mph speedometer; why? Ha ha.

EDIT: There's a video from CJ Pony on page 2, but they don't sell that part. Tried eBay and the cheapest price is $565, so seems official that freaking Ford made that part twice as expensive for us, non-GT350 owners. Well, they can stick it up their arses :D. I'm not going to pay that. If anybody finds a new pod for what they should cost (<$300), please post it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay gang. I can confirm I tried EVERYTHING to try to get oil temperature to the digital gauge, and failed miserably. So was going to order the GT350 gauge pod, and now ALL THREE Ford parts places I tried are charging a $300 core for p/n FR3Z-10849-E; WTF?
Perhaps "WTF" means "I should have tried Googling the part number". :angel:

The place I bought mine is the 3rd one on the list. $268.97 (up $47 since I bought mine on May 6) and no core charge.
https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oem-parts/ford-instrument-cluster-fr3z10849e?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

Use the "Comments" field on the checkout page to let them kbow you're doing an upgrade to stock, which will let them override the "This doesn't fit your VIN" function.

FWIW, the -E is the GT350 gauges with oil temperature. the -G and -AC are for the EcoBoos versiont with the vacuum / boost gauge on the right.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Perhaps "WTF" means "I should have tried Googling the part number".
That's exactly what I did, but in case you didn't notice, there're HUNDREDS of parts websites, and all I tried had the same core charge; hence my plea for help. If you want to help, great. But I just don't get the help AND b*tch attitude, but whatever :D. At any rate, 2 of those sites said if another Ford parts retailer is not being upfront with the core, Ford won't sell them the part without a core charge. Will call them right now to find out, and post back.

EDIT: Just called Autonation Ford, and there's a $300 core charge indeed, so buyer beware. Told the guy to disclose it, like all other sites I tried. Looks like those of us who were late to the party are screwed; oh well. Not paying $600 for that part.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: Just called Autonation Ford, and there's a $300 core charge indeed, so buyer beware. Told the guy to disclose it, like all other sites I tried. Looks like those of us who were late to the party are screwed; oh well. Not paying $600 for that part.
One of the wonders of the Internet is not having to call anyone to ask questions along the line of "It doesn't show it on your site, but will you charge me an extra $300 if I give you the chance?".

Try this:
  1. Use the link above.
  2. Add the gauge to the cart.
  3. Press "Checkout".
  4. It lets you pay and there's no core charge.
  5. Screenshot the page as you confirm the order if you're really worried about it.
  6. They'll also send you an email receipt that covers you if any other charges appear on your card.
It's not that hard.
Sponsored