Sponsored

1st Delivery

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The GT350 was not "easily obtainable" after 12 months or so. I should know, I got to play the game. This car is no different.
Might be regional but I had multiple dealers offering me MSRP on a 2017 GT350 and this was without any negotiation on my part.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Try buying one in California, circa 2016...

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
My skin is measured in years, money, lots of cars, brand loyalty, and watching this cluster pan out.
Exactly. Some of you guys have been buying Ford cars since before I was alive. Not to mention all the things that you guys have done for the community. Shit I just finished installing my lightweight Watson rollbar because of you. Not to sit here and jerk you off, but I do appreciate the information you've provided.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do think in time the dust will settle. Whomever can come up with MSRP, can pickup a GT500 in the next 12-18 months...I'm not advocating for anyone to get theirs first or last but it's a beautiful car and like any other new model, quantity at the beginning is greatly outweighed by demand.

Can't wait to see yours @Jmeo

Sponsored

Hemi 300C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler 300C. 2017 Ford Edge Sport
This just kills me. I have worked my balls off for this car. I work hundred of OT hours in a year to try and save, while providing for my wife and 4 kids. This is how Ford treats their loyal, and faithful customers? I will never forget this experience.
How is this Ford being unfair to their loyal and faithful customers? He purchased the car and received delivery. Am I missing something? Do you have a pending order and expected your delivery to be before his? I don't have a clue where his money came from, but money buys the car. Lucky him. This has nothing to do with Ford. There are many standing in line waiting for their GT500. The car is becoming available and the price is what you agree on no matter how much or long hours you work. He's a lucky kid.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Buy out east and ship it.
You think that had never been tried before? Were you here in 2016?

Come back in 12 months and tell everyone here how simple it is for them to all pick up the phone and get msrp deals, easily.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do think in time the dust will settle. Whomever can come up with MSRP, can pickup a GT500 in the next 12-18 months...I'm not advocating for anyone to get theirs first or last but it's a beautiful car and like any other new model, quantity at the beginning is greatly outweighed by demand.

100% spot on. It’s no different than any other hyped up car. Just have patience folks.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks Ray, I have been thinking of you as I plan to make all three big East Coast shows this year. I have been hoping you will be going to one, or all three (Carlisle, AM, and Mustang Week)?

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Ray, I have been thinking of you as I plan to make all three big East Coast shows this year. I have been hoping you will be going to one, or all three (Carlisle, AM, and Mustang Week)?
After the debacle last year called Mustang Week I'm not sure if I can support the Event any longer. So I don't plan to attend.

I'm stuck between AM & Carlisle. I can only do one and it'll most likely be Carlisle...Just prepare for ☔⛈. As it gets closer, I'll know but I will make one or other.

Looking forward to seeing the car. I will probably regret buying my GT350 and not waiting.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
You think that had never been tried before? Were you here in 2016?
I walked into Mitchell Selig Ford in CT in January of 2017 to test drive a Focus RS and a Mustang GT PP1. They had a brand new GT350 in the showroom and offered me MSRP. A few months before that (Fall 2016) a dealer in Massachusetts offered me a GT350 for MSRP.

I don’t know what to tell you if you were trying to find a car at MSRP and we’re willing to travel it seems like deals were out there. Now? Dealers in the New England area are offering $5-6K off MSRP on brand new GT350’s. I am guessing if you can wait until Jan/Feb $7K off is likely. Cup2 tires with snow on the ground is a great time to negotiate.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is this Ford being unfair to their loyal and faithful customers? He purchased the car and received delivery. Am I missing something? Do you have a pending order and expected your delivery to be before his? I don't have a clue where his money came from, but money buys the car. Lucky him. This has nothing to do with Ford. There are many standing in line waiting for their GT500. The car is becoming available and the price is what you agree on no matter how much or long hours you work. He's a lucky kid.
I’ll just say this, it’s no coincidence he was among the first to get his car, luck has nothing to do with it.

I never said I should have, or expected to get my car before him, or anyone else for that matter. As a matter of fact I have been transparent about my gratefulness for even being able to get one, and I had to pay 10k over to get one. I am no special person, never claimed to be. What I am is a loyal customer who has spent my life enjoying my Ford vehicles. I have zero issue with people getting their cars before me, in fact I very much look forward to it.

Many of us have been planning for this car for the last two years, it would have been great to watch average customer get their cars, that’s all I am saying.

Again, it is no coincidence he got his car when he did. You say he’s lucky, I say ‘toe-mah-toe’. Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After the debacle last year called Mustang Week I'm not sure if I can support the Event any longer. So I don't plan to attend.

I'm stuck between AM & Carlisle. I can only do one and it'll most likely be Carlisle...Just prepare for ☔⛈. As it gets closer, I'll know but I will make one or other.

Looking forward to seeing the car. I will probably regret buying my GT350 and not waiting.
No “regerts” buddy, you have a beautiful car!

Oh, I’m sure we will get rain again :thumbsdown:

Keep in touch about which one you’re going to so I can also try. First rounds on me :beer:

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I’ll just say this, it’s no coincidence he was among the first to get his car, luck has nothing to do with it.

I never said I should have, or expected to get my car before him, or anyone else for that matter. As a matter of fact I have been transparent about my gratefulness for even being able to get one, and I had to pay 10k over to get one. I am no special person, never claimed to be. What I am is a loyal customer who has spent my life enjoying my Ford vehicles. I have zero issue with people getting their cars before me, in fact I very much look forward to it.

Many of us have been planning for this car for the last two years, it would have been great to watch average customer get their cars, that’s all I am saying.

Again, it is no coincidence he got his car when he did. You say he’s lucky, I say ‘toe-mah-toe’. Am I not allowed to have an opinion?
I truly hope you get your car soon, but there are likely lots of average customers picking up their GT500’s over the next few days and weeks but don’t post on forums and social media. Most buyers are not active on forums or social media.