Sponsored

1st Delivery

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
If Ford really gave a shit about customers they'd build as many as the market demanded. They won't drop an automatic in the GT350, the GT 500 is essentially unobtainable, the Ranger Raptor is for overseas, etc. etc. I'll be looking elsewhere for any future autos. {They'd also work on quality in design and manufacturing....}
According to Ford the GT500 will not be a limited run. Just like the GT350 there is lots of hype and the people who “gotta have it now” are creating that initial demand and many will pay ADM. Fast forward 12 months or so and they will be much easier to find and many at MSRP and lower.

GM is probably the better fit for you. Automatic only in the C8 and auto and manual in the ZL1 with no markups.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
All GT500 are limited production to a certain extent.
You cannot go order qty 20 GT500s from a dealership.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All GT500 are limited production to a certain extent.
You cannot go order qty 20 GT500s from a dealership.
And specifically, the 2020 GT500s are limited. I have a letter that says there will be no more than the quoted numbers.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Had a little to drink tonight?
Nope. Just got back from

And you bring to this discussion the wisdom of some one off GT350 buyer? Mr 260 something posts?

My position and perspective is that of others before me. More importantly, worthy others before me. Ford kissing the ass of some 19 year old punk who is being financed by family money falls way outside what I feel is fair for all the other enthusiasts.

I dont know if you even have an interest in this discussion. Have you put money down on the GT500? No? I did 2 years ago. I have been buying into the Ford brand all my life. You? Again, didnt think so.

I've already resigned to the fact that I wont see mine till next year. It was a known quantity for a while now (way before this came up).

It is insulting that this kid got his car before others. If you think that this happening is by luck or chance, you are naive.
Well shoot I didn’t know I needed 5K posts to have an opinion. I’ve been buying sports cars the better part of the last 30+ years and so I know how it works. Some of you really are naive enough to think Ford owes you. Truth is you could buy a Chevy or Porsche tomorrow and Ford would just sell a GT500 to someone else. Fact is money talks more than words. It’s either that or you know someone or you got really lucky. I don’t know the Youtuber in question but my guess is that he knew someone, and put his money where his mouth is.

But I can tell you it’s very easy to get a car, even an early allocation if you have a suitcase full of money. Dealers very much understand cash :)

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Dear Ford, see the issues poorly administered programs like this one creates? See how people get angry with each other and with you? Does it matter?

The reality is, this car is a dinosaur and extinction looms large. In the very near future, hordes will flock to fully electrified or hybridized automobiles that are more about meeting the urban metric of "performance" than they are about simple, traditional performance cars. Ford won't be limited by exhaust emissions (the way the EPA/CARB treat ICE propulsion legislatively) and thus keeping production numbers low. There will be plenty of choice in this age of all things electric. So enjoy arguing while you still can.
:)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nope. Just got back from

Well shoot I didn’t know I needed 5K posts to have an opinion. I’ve been buying sports cars the better part of the last 30+ years and so I know how it works. Some of you really are naive enough to think Ford owes you. Truth is you could buy a Chevy or Porsche tomorrow and Ford would just sell a GT500 to someone else. Fact is money talks more than words. It’s either that or you know someone or you got really lucky. I don’t know the Youtuber in question but my guess is that he knew someone, and put his money where his mouth is.

But I can tell you it’s very easy to get a car, even an early allocation if you have a suitcase full of money. Dealers very much understand cash :)
Yep. Open to any and all moving forward. Screw this brand loyalty thing because it isnt reciprocal. I make enough to buy just about anything I want. Why be loyal anymore?

Oh, and your above statement about an early allocation is very naive. Further evidence that you dont know what you are talking about. You seem to think it's all about writing a big check. And who does that profit? Dealers. They have nothing to do with allocation selection or build dates.

Your genius shines through once again.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
If you get your 2020 GT500 before the new year, you have nothing to complain about in my opinion.
Having said that, I have not plunked down any money for one yet.
It is certainly disappointing and frustrating to wait nearly a year for a car that you have ordered though. No matter who’s fault it is.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yes there will be a 2021. Most likely a 2022 also.
Thanks that’s what I read as well. So yeah in 12 months or so these will be much more attainable. Just like the GT350. Dealers here in the Northeat can’t sell them even with big discounts.

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Threads like these are interesting. It's a bunch of people with no skin in the game policing the people that do. I'd be annoyed as well if I did as much as some of these people in this thread for the community only to have one of the first go to someone who is known liar.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The GT350 was not "easily obtainable" after 12 months or so. I should know, I got to play the game. This car is no different.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yep. Open to any and all moving forward. Screw this brand loyalty thing because it isnt reciprocal. I make enough to buy just about anything I want. Why be loyal anymore?
I’ve never been brand loyal, and never will be. In the past three years I’ve had one or more of the following in my garage. VW/Golf R, C7/Z51, Jeep Wrangler JL, Focus RS, ND Miata, Honda Odyssey x2 and now a GT350. Owned lots of German and Japanese sports cars and had a deposit on a C8 but am not ready to give up a manual and now am looking at C7 ZR1 with a manual as the next car. Probably in 6-12 months when I am bored of the GT350. Cayman GT4 is on the short list too, I tracked one last year and loved it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Threads like these are interesting. It's a bunch of people with no skin in the game policing the people that do. I'd be annoyed as well if I did as much as some of these people in this thread for the community only to have one of the first go to someone who is known liar.
My skin is measured in years, money, lots of cars, brand loyalty, and watching this cluster pan out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’ve never been brand loyal, and never will be. In the past three years I’ve had one or more of the following in my garage. VW/Golf R, C7/Z51, Jeep Wrangler JL, Focus RS, ND Miata, Honda Odyssey x2 and now a GT350. Owned lots of German and Japanese sports cars and had a deposit on a C8 but am not ready to give up a manual and now am looking at C7 ZR1 with a manual as the next car. Probably in 6-12 months when I am bored of the GT350. Cayman GT4 is on the short list too, I tracked one last year and loved it.
Bla bla bla. Whatever.
Sponsored