Sponsored

1st Delivery

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
Lots of butt hurt on this thread. Who gives a crap who gets this first GT500? Really? Like a million instances in the world, life is unfair sometimes. Sometimes it's about who you know or how much coin you have. Spending time complaining just makes you look like a baby.

Too many on here, specifically the GT500/GT350 forums, think of themselves as royalty. Folks don't care what kind of job you have, how much money you make, or how much you race. Yet a lot of humble bragging going on about jobs, income, and "racing status". I am starting to think a handful of folks here think they are better than other folks here, which is ridiculous.

I'm a Mustang enthusiast. I don't own one because it doesn't makes sense for me. My priorities are in a much different place right now.

Regardless what you think of the kid and his youtube channel, he got his 500 so we should be supportive and hope he enjoys it. We know others will be getting theirs soon. So tip your hat to the kid and say enjoy it. No need to be a douche about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Nothing I love more on this forum than the old farts who make threads to bitch non stop about these youtubers. Sucks the kid is 19 years old and makes more on youtube than your salary. Its the day and age of social media influencing, get with it. Glad this kid got his before any of you haters got yours. Enjoy sitting down and listening to a 19 year old produce content about a car youre sitting at home waiting all day for LMAO
You people read what u want to read. No one care about a youtuber getting it 1st, its ford not ensuring those promised 1st amd lifelong buyers did.

I would gladly like to see stangmode dragtimes or streetspeed get it 1st.

Oh.. and here we go...
Taking bets on kissing the wall, or running 12s so we get to hear about it from gm swingers
Screenshot_20191201-163804_Facebook.jpg

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Why would Ford send cars to the average enthusiast first if the average enthusiast isn't going to promote the product on social media? Social media drives attention and sales and deliver content for people to see, it makes all the sense. Why do you think there was an application for the Ford GT?

Lets just hope that once the social media influencers/journalists get theirs first, everyone who ordered early will get theirs soon after. Though, apparently Ford is notorious for failing that.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’m really new to this forum and waiting on the cheddar for my GT350.
I’ve watched a few of Speed Phenom’s videos and many others to get an idea of what the GT350 is all about.
His first videos were hard to watch because of his delivery, I got over it...you should too. I also discovered that chances are he could run circles around 99% of us on the track, he’s a hell of a driver for his age.
I never really thought about his spoiled little self being supported by....whatever. My brain just does not go there. Scripture taught me as well as human history that money has never really provided true happiness.
I’ve read every post on this thread but cannot remember anybody providing any proof that Ford put Austin in the front of the line for a car that he didn’t even order.
BTW, who cares if his parents gave him a GT350R for his 16th birthday? Maybe that was like my parents helping me with my first car of $500 in ‘74 when I turned 16, which I paid back with my first job.
I’ll guarantee if you made 10’s or 100’s of millions you’d probably do the same, maybe not in the same way, but some way. We want the best for our kids, and for everyone the best is what we can afford.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
You people read what u want to read. No one care about a youtuber getting it 1st, its ford not ensuring those promised 1st amd lifelong buyers did.
You sound like a very jealous person.

Last I checked, when you order a brand new Ford, they don't promise you anything or even guarantee you a delivery date. Who promised you to be one of the first to receive a GT500? Santa Claus?

Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Holy shit. I cant believe i started a thread that brings s the trolls back out.

1 guy claims SP would run circles around us on a track..
Next a Canadian talking about entitlements.. then a geezer about how YouTubeworks.sorry guys, i apologize for throwing bait out there.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Or maybe the 5 things I love....who cares ? As I said this thread is disappointing because people are hating on a guy who happens to POST he received his car. Which btw is how he earns his extra income. People who may have received a vehicle may have not simply post it here. MG6 is not the end of all of all things Mustangs.
That would be a real origional one. Which is why I don't watch any youtuber. Its the same crap. How many f#$king "5 thinks I hate videos" can morons watch? I apologize in advance if your one of those morons. That get your Mustang content from teenagers on youtube. At least this kids parents are loaded. So he won't be begging for money. Like some of the other high quality mustang content providers out there.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
]
I call BS. Show me in writing where Ford Corporate promised the first cars to lifelong buyers. And I’m not talking about what some sales droid said to make a sale, I’m talking executive leadership from Corporate.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I went off the average of a few sites that estimate payout on his channel. They all put him between a min of 1.8k and max 5.8K so I assume the average of that is more accurate. That said there is still taxes coming out of that ~3-4K. So pre-taxes hes making about 48K/yr from views. He doesn't have a huge following and he's likely not selling much merch. Even if he made another 50% off merch that's under 75K/yr If hes paying rent or mortgage there is no way he's be able to afford a GT350 and GT500 within a couple years of each other. Or even just the GT500. He is either making huge financial mistakes, or he's funded some other way, 2nd job, got in early on bitcoin, or his parents.

Funny enough he made a video saying that his channel paid for his car, but that was when he also barely had 16K subs. There was NO way that 16K subs was paying for a 70K track prepped GT350R, but claimed that he was doing professional Video/Coding work when he was like 15-16. Yeah I don't buy that. I know a few guys that were doing block chain work when they were in HS and were hired right out of HS to well paying jobs, none were making enough to buy Shelby's the same year they got their license, mostly due to child labor laws. I feel like the REAL story is mommy/daddy paid for a good chunk, he has a side job, and then YT. YT is mostly covering the cars ONLY at this point, and the rest his real job is covering for, while probably living with mom/dad or using them as his backup funds, and he likely has some VERY long term loans.
And all of this is why I don't get into the YouTube car community for the most part especially when someone starts talking about their income or how "oh my god I'm so successful and thank you so much for your views!" bullshit. I want to know about cars not how you need self gratification by creating some self made story which can mostly be broken down into BS. I'll give Thatdudeinblue a pass because he doesn't talk about his income, has a legit story to tell that actually has an alibi, he's not an asswipe, and he admits that he had help with getting his channel started.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I call BS. Show me in writing where Ford Corporate promised the first cars to lifelong buyers. And I’m not talking about what some sales droid said to make a sale, I’m talking executive leadership from Corporate.
you mean besides the dealers rating it as high priorty as possible, the regional managaers rating it even higher, being scheduled to the 2nd day of retail orders, and then moved back based on colors?

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Come on joseph, I thought canadians were nice?
I think it is cute that you want to follow me on Instagram.

You should follow Speed Phenom instead :) And stop thinking that Ford is conspiring against you

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
V: Just a wag on my part but in my experience, management is expected to work much more during the holidays and it wouldn't surprise me if the same is true at Ford. If that's the case, they may be able to help speed things up with the colors. If it's a supply issue, that's another story but I can't believe THAT many colors had problems. Seems like it almost has to do with how they're applied and the equipment used. Sure wish you had an answer but I hope for all you "color guys" that it resolves quickly.
Sponsored