19 350 shifter recall

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Just took my 700 mile 2019 GT350 to have one of the tire pressure sensors replaced. I called made an appointment gave them my vin, and asked about fixing the shifter lock out while they had it. They had no knowledge of it, so I stopped by with my letter from Ford explaining it and they made a copy. Three days later I show up with the car, the service manger looks at the valve stems and says they aren't Ford valve stems, all Ford valve stems are rubber. I tell him I bought it new from a Ford dealer with 6 miles on it, I think they are correct. He is adamant that they are not Ford valve stems. Then he asks me if I want to trade it in on a GT 500 they just got in, so I go over and look at it and it has the same metal valve stems. so I tell the guy this and he reply's with "Oh, I guess Ford used different valve stems on the Shelby's", then tells me he has to order the part. Why did i make an appointment specifically telling them I needed a new tire pressure sensor? Why do they ask for the vin? They apparently don't look anything up ahead of time or check to see if they have the correct parts. We hadn't even gotten to the shifter at this point and after experiencing this I didn't bring it up. I wasn't about to let these clowns do any real work on my car.

Just like the dealer I've dealt with. They suck also
Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I am so lucky to have a dealership who is small enough to have actual friendly and long lasting relationships with their customers and employ technicians and staff who actually know what they are doing! Century Ford in Mt. Airy, Md. I've been doing business with them for over thirty-five years and never had a problem or come-back. It is so comforting to know that when I bring my cars to them that I will be treated well and fairly.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Not sure if you are new to this forum but we have time after time tried to help by saying it's very important to talk to the service manager first. Small dealerships are often not the best place to get service or repairs. They have fewer mechanics/technicians so you might get someone that is just available.
Finally I have had service advisors that do not know what that are talking about, as did you, that's your clue to either talk to a service manager or move on to another dealership.
It's kind of like going to the doctor, in the end you have a lot to do with how things turn out. I could tell you about surgery I went through but you get the idea.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Just took my 700 mile 2019 GT350 to have one of the tire pressure sensors replaced. I called made an appointment gave them my vin, and asked about fixing the shifter lock out while they had it. They had no knowledge of it, so I stopped by with my letter from Ford explaining it and they made a copy. Three days later I show up with the car, the service manger looks at the valve stems and says they aren't Ford valve stems, all Ford valve stems are rubber. I tell him I bought it new from a Ford dealer with 6 miles on it, I think they are correct. He is adamant that they are not Ford valve stems. Then he asks me if I want to trade it in on a GT 500 they just got in, so I go over and look at it and it has the same metal valve stems. so I tell the guy this and he reply's with "Oh, I guess Ford used different valve stems on the Shelby's", then tells me he has to order the part. Why did i make an appointment specifically telling them I needed a new tire pressure sensor? Why do they ask for the vin? They apparently don't look anything up ahead of time or check to see if they have the correct parts. We hadn't even gotten to the shifter at this point and after experiencing this I didn't bring it up. I wasn't about to let these clowns do any real work on my car.
Stay away from those clowns!!!!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Back to the topic. Can anyone post the picture where it states deadline date for this field service/recall.
I have never had a problem. It seems the issue is really a fault of sloppy gear shifts by the owner?

My car is K1868 which is one of the faster ones.
2019GT350.jpg

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have never had a problem. It seems the issue is really a fault of sloppy gear shifts by the owner?
Same here. I don't have problem with my. I'll wait until deadline and see if I want to change the shifter for MGW all together.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Same here. I don't have problem with my. I'll wait until deadline and see if I want to change the shifter for MGW all together.
I didn't have a problem either but let them change it when in for an oil change. While it was fine before, the new shifter feels more direct or precise.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am stubborn after years of vintage racing and never change something that isn't broken.

My 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 with the FPC engine is already fast from the factory. I paid the $1300 federal government gas guzzler tax. The window sticker said 16 Mpg (I get 12.5 on a good day). It's worth every dollar spent.

These cars will not be FS much longer.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a really late 2018 that is covered by the service action. Occasionally I do have issues getting it into reverse and/or first gear. But if I just mess with the reverse collar enough eventually it goes into the correct gear. No biggie as of yet.

Sponsored

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2008 Porsche GT3, 2002 BMW M5, 1988 BMW M5, 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo, 2003 LAndRover Discovery 2 Trek Edition #5
Well I bit the big one and just had my recall shifter installed. In my case you had to talk to the dealer service mgr, schedule the install, they order the part and wait to be scheduled. No big deal, great communication and follow up from them. I waited until my dealer had done enough of them to master the install w/o messing up my interior. The new shifter comes with a new shift knob - I had my original Ford Performance White ball installed again, so the new knob is extra. It took approx 3.5 hrs to install, including time for the shifter knob to set. They stored my car in a very safe spot away for the masses. They also had a GT40 there as well! The shifter feels a little tighter - in a better way. I saw a comparison of the original and the new one. The new one looks a bit beefier. Kudos to Billy Howell Ford in N Georgia... Glen the service mgr and Jeff the service Advisor for a perfect experience! Yep I was worried, but they came through with flying colors. So glad this is off my plate now!

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Well I bit the big one and just had my recall shifter installed. In my case you had to talk to the dealer service mgr, schedule the install, they order the part and wait to be scheduled. No big deal, great communication and follow up from them. I waited until my dealer had done enough of them to master the install w/o messing up my interior. The new shifter comes with a new shift knob - I had my original Ford Performance White ball installed again, so the new knob is extra. It took approx 3.5 hrs to install, including time for the shifter knob to set. They stored my car in a very safe spot away for the masses. They also had a GT40 there as well! The shifter feels a little tighter - in a better way. I saw a comparison of the original and the new one. The new one looks a bit beefier. Kudos to Billy Howell Ford in N Georgia... Glen the service mgr and Jeff the service Advisor for a perfect experience! Yep I was worried, but they came through with flying colors. So glad this is off my plate now!
A little tighter/better is the way I would describe mine after the new shifter was installed. Good to hear your install went well.

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2008 Porsche GT3, 2002 BMW M5, 1988 BMW M5, 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo, 2003 LAndRover Discovery 2 Trek Edition #5
Thanks man ...a load off my shoulders. Especially after this damned week!

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I’m glad I ran across this thread. I’ve been driving my 2020 GT350R and have about 200 miles on it now and definitely having some issues getting it into reverse at times sometimes taking me multiple times to get it to engage to the point the reverse camera comes on but it isn’t engaged into gear.

Those that have replaced with MGW have you had any issues with 3rd gear? I saw a video on mustang lifestyle and he was complaining about it. Also the reverse with the pushing down instead of pulling up the collar. I’ve heard mixed feelings about that as well. I haven’t received any recall notice though.

Thanks

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’m glad I ran across this thread. I’ve been driving my 2020 GT350R and have about 200 miles on it now and definitely having some issues getting it into reverse at times sometimes taking me multiple times to get it to engage to the point the reverse camera comes on but it isn’t engaged into gear.

Those that have replaced with MGW have you had any issues with 3rd gear? I saw a video on mustang lifestyle and he was complaining about it. Also the reverse with the pushing down instead of pulling up the collar. I’ve heard mixed feelings about that as well. I haven’t received any recall notice though.

Thanks
Not sure if 2020 was included in the recall. I had the replacement shifter installed in my 19 and if works well. Pretty sure you would get a notice if your car was shipped with a known shifter issue.
Sponsored