Sponsored

Recalled shifter replaced (with pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I had my shifter recall work done today. Not sure if anyone has posted pictures yet, but I figured I'd post them in case anyone is interested. From drop-off until completion was 6 hours including an oil change. The tech who worked on my car said the shifters pretty much looked the same except saying it had a "different internal spring." I'll be picking up the car this evening, so no idea if it feels any differently. For reference I have a '19 350 with 1,000 miles.
IMG_2721.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg
IMG_2724.jpeg
IMG_2723.jpeg
IMG_2722.jpeg
Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Interesting thanks for posting. I'm going to schedule my 19 350R soon.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I highly doubt it but who knows every dealer is different especially if you have a great relationship with the dealer.

this FSA also comes with a rental but in light of COVID-19 I'm going to have my wife come pick me up and not take a chance.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
do you know if dealers will swap out the mgw shifter instead? is it much more work while they're at it?
the honest ones wont liabilities blah blah blah blah.....if you have a good relationship with the dealer, they will. The dealer I buy all our service vehicles from do whatever i want lol. My local dealer has a service writer and tech i used to work with at a different ford dealer i asked and they said we dont care we’ll do whatever.

Im going to do mine in my garage along with the vorshlag caster/camber plates.....i’ll let you know how it goes.

sidenote: i cant stand when techs dont wear gloves....i never ever worked on a car without gloves.....even my own company policy now is techs are required to wear gloves...

Sponsored

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Interesting thanks for posting. I'm going to schedule my 19 350R soon.
I drove it home earlier, and it feels exactly the same as before. I got lucky... no scratches, marks, dings, or scuffs anywhere on the car.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Has anyone tried the short throw shifter from Ford? seems like an ideal time to swap it out

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I drove it home earlier, and it feels exactly the same as before. I got lucky... no scratches, marks, dings, or scuffs anywhere on the car.
Congrats! Do not celebrate until you check the under carriage :) When my old '17 got the shifter replaced, the dealer bottomed out the front splitter and the tech that did the work ripped the soft heat shield around the tranny (I assume when disconnecting the driveshaft). They also broke one of the clip mounts on the shifter boot. It makes you wonder who gets to work on our cars...

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Congrats! Do not celebrate until you check the under carriage :) When my old '17 got the shifter replaced, the dealer bottomed out the front splitter and the tech that did the work ripped the soft heat shield around the tranny (I assume when disconnecting the driveshaft). They also broke one of the clip mounts on the shifter boot. It makes you wonder who gets to work on our cars...
That's exactly why I'm not doing it until it breaks(may never happened though). Then I'll replace it with MGW or similar one.

RareBreed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody M6, 2018 F-150 Raptor, 2003 Corvette, 1998 Mustang Cobra
do you know if dealers will swap out the mgw shifter instead? is it much more work while they're at it?
IT shouldn’t take any more time to install than the factory shifter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.