170 MPH on public roads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
That's what would happen if you were caught doing that. And I don't care if you are on some back road in the middle of nowhere. You would be handcuffed, thrown into the back of the cop car, thrown into the slammer, and your car impounded.

Those aren't my personal feelings, them are facts.

The person in question in the video is supposed to be a person of high responsibility. He has a safety sensitive job and there would be consequences if they ever found out about this. Likewise, if the cops ever came across this video, he may get a phone call from some detectives. There is enough detail in that video to determine location and jurisdiction.

Aside from all that is the moral issue. A person doing that is a danger to himself and others. Take it one step further.... he and his videos glamorized an act that will leave an impression on others that this is cool and ok to do. All for the sake of youtube views?

I used to think he was an intelligent guy. I once respected him. He has just become another one of those youtubers..
Unf...tell me more about the bit with the handcuffs...
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Not a bad idea, CJ. Years ago during a Safety Stand Down in Uncle Sam's Navy, we had a DPS Trooper speak and he came with a movie about fatal accidents at railroad crossings. The film was very well done although graphic and stopped each segment just prior to the simulated crash.

It made quite an impression on me and everyone else I talked to about it. Sure couldn't hurt.

We don't have quite the same ranch roads in South Texas as they do out West but I know what they're talking about. It is clearly different than an urban four lane. Not condoning by any means, simply pointing out the difference.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unf...tell me more about the bit with the handcuffs...
Sure....

It would go something like this.... you would be arrested, put in handcuffs, taken to jail and probably spend the night until first appearances. Then you would be arraigned and charged with a felony. By then you might have met Bubba, who asked if you wanted to be the husband or the wife, and then your family would post bail.

From there you would be released to go out into the world and think about what a dumbass you were and where you are going to get the $40,000 it is going to cost you to hire the best lawyer you could find to hopefully somehow get your fellony lowered to a misdemeanor. God forbid you hit someone while doing it, because at that point your life would be over.

Then there is the insurance premiums that would be through the roof if you were to somehow get the charge lowered in some kind of plea.

Yea, it would go something like that, but once they dump you in the cell with Bubba, i dont think you will have handcuffs to play around with.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Sure....

It would go something like this.... you would be arrested, put in handcuffs, taken to jail and probably spend the night until first appearances. Then you would be arraigned and charged with a felony. By then you might have met Bubba, who asked if you wanted to be the husband or the wife, and then your family would post bail.

From there you would be released to go out into the world and think about what a dumbass you were and where you are going to get the $40,000 it is going to cost you to hire the best lawyer you could find to hopefully somehow get your fellony lowered to a misdemeanor. God forbid you hit someone while doing it, because at that point your life would be over.

Then there is the insurance premiums that would be through the roof if you were to somehow get the charge lowered in some kind of plea.

Yea, it would go something like that, but once they dump you in the cell with Bubba, i dont think you will have handcuffs to play around with.
I'm down, so long as the jail has a BYOB policy. That's 'bring your own ballgag' in case you're wondering.

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I donā€™t post on this forum much. Had a 16 gt350, currently a 20 gt500. What a lot of you donā€˜t realize is the part of the country some of us live in. I lived in a VERY rural part of southern Indiana. Lots of well maintained, rural highways that have challenging curves, hills, and long straights. Sometimes you wonā€™t meet anyone for 10 minutes, depending on time of day, day of the week. I have comfortably, and safely, (only risking myself), reached speeds regularly of 130, 150, 160+ many times, with very minimal to no risk of others. Some of you obviously live in parts of this country where this is not a safe option, but some of us do. Iā€™m not trying to justify reckless behavior, but rural areas are a different story altogether. I bought this car to drive it, not have it polished up in the garage all the time. Got 5,000 miles on mine. But, to each their own. Be safe, but most of us bought these cars to have fun.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get lots of hate for this - but people really donā€™t understand what ā€˜ruralā€™ means. There are roads in central Idaho that are so remote and desolate that I can see for miles that there is not a single human. You can drive for 30 minutes and not see another car. Seriously.

Iā€™ve been staring down roads SO perfectly straight and desolateā€¦ that there would not be a single risk to anyone (other than yourself) if you were to open up some speed and then shut it down weā€™ll before you run out of the road you can see.

Iā€™m not advocating insane speeds like this - just pointing out that some people donā€™t understand what ā€œremoteā€ means.

Here is an example:

C4754B46-B6B9-4A3E-97DD-C480B8053112.jpeg

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get lots of hate for this - but people really donā€™t understand what ā€˜ruralā€™ means. There are roads in central Idaho that are so remote and desolate that I can see for miles that there is not a single human. You can drive for 30 minutes and not see another car. Seriously.

Iā€™ve been staring down roads SO perfectly straight and desolateā€¦ that there would not be a single risk to anyone (other than yourself) if you were to open up some speed and then shut it down weā€™ll before you run out of the road you can see.

Iā€™m not advocating insane speeds like this - just pointing out that some people donā€™t understand what ā€œremoteā€ means.

Here is an example:

C4754B46-B6B9-4A3E-97DD-C480B8053112.jpeg
Nope, still a reckless, irresponsible menace to society, wasting tax-payer dollars, and killing families of six with their 18 transgender rescue puppies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm down, so long as the jail has a BYOB policy. That's 'bring your own ballgag' in case you're wondering.
But thats not it. If you were convicted of a felony, you loose all your rights. Do you have guns? Say bye bye. No more voting either.

I know you think you are being funny, but there are serious consequences for these acts.

The guy in the video is new to this track stuff. He got a little track experience at some low speed tracks, about a days worth of instruction at the track attack, and then he comes out with this video. To me he has demonstrated a complete lack of regard for rules, the law, and common sense. For what we do for a living all 3 of those things all need to be in check.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
But thats not it. If you were convicted of a felony, you loose all your rights. Do you have guns? Say bye bye. No more voting either.

I know you think you are being funny, but there are serious consequences for these acts.

The guy in the video is new to this track stuff. He got a little track experience at some low speed tracks, about a days worth of instruction at the track attack, and then he comes out with this video. To me he has demonstrated a complete lack of regard for rules, the law, and common sense. For what we do for a living all 3 of those things all need to be in check.
Your razzles are way too easily dazzled. Is this just virtue signaling to deflect suspicions away from your own driving habits?

methinks.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That's what would happen if you were caught doing that. And I don't care if you are on some back road in the middle of nowhere. You would be handcuffed, thrown into the back of the cop car, thrown into the slammer, and your car impounded.

Those aren't my personal feelings, them are facts.

The person in question in the video is supposed to be a person of high responsibility. He has a safety sensitive job and there would be consequences if they ever found out about this. Likewise, if the cops ever came across this video, he may get a phone call from some detectives. There is enough detail in that video to determine location and jurisdiction.

Aside from all that is the moral issue. A person doing that is a danger to himself and others. Take it one step further.... he and his videos glamorized an act that will leave an impression on others that this is cool and ok to do. All for the sake of youtube views?

I used to think he was an intelligent guy. I once respected him. He has just become another one of those youtubers..
He even calls himself an "influencer"now .........

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Your razzles are way too easily dazzled. Is this just virtue signaling to deflect suspicions away from your own driving habits?

methinks.jpg
There is a thing called the track. That's where I bounce off the speed limiter of 180 MPH. I don't do that nonsense on public roads because I don't have to.

I work in a safety sensitive job as well. I know that if I did what goose did and got caught, I would loose my job. Never mind the expenses involved, the loss of income would be HUGE. I don't know what you do for a living, but me and goose are paid a crap load of money to be safe and responsible people.

That is why I was so surprised to not only see what he did, but then post a video on youtube about it. Maybe he should get his brain scanned for tumors or something because that kind of behavior is not becoming of who he is supposed to be.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Only if they took place in Mexico. That way it's Mexican taxpayer dollars, and Mexican puppies what who are at risk.
And Mexican prisons too. Oh, Im sure they would enjoy your gringo ass.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.