Sponsored

17 EB vs 18 EB

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Financially, at this time, the GT doesn't make much sense. Going forward, after watching reviews and doing research, I am okay with this. I stumbled on a dealer with two different EBs and it's VERY tough deciding between the two. I'd love to hear from you guys and nail down which.

18 EB Shadow Black (32K MSRP)
Performance Pack
201A Package
10 Speed Auto
Nav

17 Oxford White (36K MSRP)
Performance Pack
Premium Package
Shaker Audio
6 Speed Automatic

The downside to both is my dislike for the automatic. Reviews for it haven't helped either. They're taking 10K off the 17 off bat and 5.5K for the 18. I also prefer black.

It's definitely a toss up for me at this point.
Sponsored

eveslow78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT & @ 2012 F250
Heve you driven the 10a in the 18!? Its quite amazing.

Also, how is the MSRP 32k with PP, 10a, and NAV??

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Get the 18. The 10 speed is worth it. It turns the EB into a mid 13 second car.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah the black works for you too if you can live without the premium stuff the 18 sounds good. Base interior is still pretty decent compared to Mustangs past.

Sponsored

AGM2018

WarrENDeatH,

I have been shopping for a new 19 mustang and going through the same process as you (apparently); for what I intend to do with my mustang, the GT doesn't make the best financial sense. If one may be satisfied with the base level trim, vice the premium trim, a nicely equipped base trim EB for close to what you are paying MSRP ($32K) for the 18 Premium EB may be purchased.

Koons Sterling Ford quoted me a price of $33,933, with tax, title, license and documentation fee all included (Out-The-Door and On-The-Road) on the following 2019 EB Base Trim build:

2019 Base Trim Ecoboost
Ingot Silver in color
10 Speed Automatic Transmission
101A Interior Package
Enhanced Security Group
Performance Package
Optional 19 inch Luster Performance Package Wheels
Active Valve Exhaust
Spoiler Delete

This is, in my opinion, a very nice build...for a great price. As BlubeastSRT said, the 2018/2019 EB with the 10 Speed automatic is a "quick car." Is it GT quick or GT fast....NO...not even in the same geographical zip code. But, for the price of this EB build and my intended usage, it will be perfect. Invest +/- $600.00 in a better and more efficient after-market intercooler and then next year (hopefully!), when Ford Racing releases the mount tune for the 18/19 EB's, invest another +/- $600.00 in the tune. The intercooler and the tune, in my opinion, are the only two aftermarket upgrades the 18/19 will need to be a great daily driven car or a spirited and spry weekend/nice day cruiser.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
if you get black i would get it coated. worst decision of my life to buy black. my car is only clean for like and hour after i wash and wax. i need to get it coated. unless you dont care about how it looks

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
if you get black i would get it coated. worst decision of my life to buy black. my car is only clean for like and hour after i wash and wax. i need to get it coated. unless you dont care about how it looks
Totally agree. I've had a few black cars when I was younger and I swore never again! lol

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Unfortunately, nothing looks better than black when it's clean.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Best 5 minutes ever! :)
Eh, just move to an arid desert like Las Vegas. I just have to dust it off occasionally. The biggest problem I have is always cleaning off my wife’s fingerprints on the passenger door.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Financially, at this time, the GT doesn't make much sense. Going forward, after watching reviews and doing research, I am okay with this. I stumbled on a dealer with two different EBs and it's VERY tough deciding between the two. I'd love to hear from you guys and nail down which.

18 EB Shadow Black (32K MSRP)
Performance Pack
201A Package
10 Speed Auto
Nav

17 Oxford White (36K MSRP)
Performance Pack
Premium Package
Shaker Audio
6 Speed Automatic

The downside to both is my dislike for the automatic. Reviews for it haven't helped either. They're taking 10K off the 17 off bat and 5.5K for the 18. I also prefer black.

It's definitely a toss up for me at this point.
Heve you driven the 10a in the 18!? Its quite amazing.

Also, how is the MSRP 32k with PP, 10a, and NAV??
Yeah the black works for you too if you can live without the premium stuff the 18 sounds good. Base interior is still pretty decent compared to Mustangs past.
200A is Premium, 201A is Premium "Plus" and includes nav, so there's no need to live without the premium stuff. OTOH, I'm also wondering about the price, 201A with PP and auto should be north of $38k MSRP.

Guzmans5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
What’s wrong with buying a used car with low mileage? Could even get a used gt for the price of a new Ecoboost with hardly any miles

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Eh, just move to an arid desert like Las Vegas. I just have to dust it off occasionally. The biggest problem I have is always cleaning off my wife’s fingerprints on the passenger door.
i live in reno, it gets dusty literally in 5 min. i need it coated bad so i can actually just dust it. too nervous about the dust scratching the paint

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd buy the less expensive one. Or even consider a used 2015+ GT with a manual for less money.
Sponsored