OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Raptor shift light installed onto the small polymer piece in the analog cluster. This pies pops out with no tools and the Raptor unit fits there perfectly. Wiring easily ran on top of column. Grab a negative wire from any of the ignition coils and you are biz. FYI, specifically on gen2 the purple wire on all coils is a constant hot. The trigger is the negative and will vary in color from cylinder to cylinder. The Raptor has a grounded output the hits when the light comes on. I use this output to activate the air shift solenoid in the trunk. Whipped up a small bracket with a micro switch to break the signal wire to the air shifter once trans is in high gear.

20230408_153350.jpg

20230421_101852.jpg

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Raptor shift light installed onto the small polymer piece in the analog cluster. This pies pops out with no tools and the Raptor unit fits there perfectly. Wiring easily ran on top of column. Grab a negative wire from any of the ignition coils and you are biz. FYI, specifically on gen2 the purple wire on all coils is a constant hot. The trigger is the negative and will vary in color from cylinder to cylinder. The Raptor has a grounded output the hits when the light comes on. I use this output to activate the air shift solenoid in the trunk. Whipped up a small bracket with a micro switch to break the signal wire to the air shifter once trans is in high gear.

20230408_153350.jpg

20230421_101852.jpg
I did this same thing in the same spot.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@80FoxCoupe finally found time to read all 38 pages of your thread… damn do my eyes hurt! Definitely awesome to see the progression of the car and enjoy the knowledge you have shared. I always enjoy taking with you privately and look forward to seeing more future progress! Gonna go rest my old eyes now lol.

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
@80FoxCoupe finally found time to read all 38 pages of your thread… damn do my eyes hurt! Definitely awesome to see the progression of the car and enjoy the knowledge you have shared. I always enjoy taking with you privately and look forward to seeing more future progress! Gonna go rest my old eyes now lol.
Hey alright and thank you! Tons of great info on this forum with all the builds and tech threads. Hopefully there are some bits of info in this thread, someone can apply to their build. Just as I've applied info from here to my build.
Sponsored