Sponsored

'

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
more power. Better suspension geometry, better tire compound, greater downforce all in favor of the GT500. The fact that the suspension isn’t going to hop on a hard hit is actually a plus in this case.

it would appear that not only will the GT500 be faster, it will corner better. The small difference in tire width is more than accounted for in compound.
Tell us, what advantage does the GT500 suspension geometry have over the ZL1. You clearly have insider information comparing the two. And better tire compound? I would like some info on that as well. And you better call all the race teams and tell them their suspensions are too stiff on track. You must have a vast and colorful experience in the race circus, or stellar track car design background.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
The GT500 looks better, therefore has better geometry and goes faster. It's simple math, really. You can argue physics all day, but that's just bastard mathematics.
The GT350 looks better. The 500, nope.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The GT350 looks better. The 500, nope.

Thank God im not the only one. Looks alone the ZL1 1LE wins. Just my opinion though

I think ford stole a Bomex kit from 2001 for the GT500.

I know im in the minority

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Tell us, what advantage does the GT500 suspension geometry have over the ZL1. You clearly have insider information comparing the two. And better tire compound? I would like some info on that as well. And you better call all the race teams and tell them their suspensions are too stiff on track. You must have a vast and colorful experience in the race circus, or stellar track car design background.
just wait. The proof is in the pudding bubba.

Sponsored

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
It looks a bit busy with the stripes but overall it is pretty boss looking. I like the look of the 350 better overall though.

But hey, I think Camaros look great too, so maybe I just dont have brand fanboy blinders on. Both cars have their sweet spots. The lower trim levels of both look like ass. And guess what? Both interiors are terrible no matter what trim level.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Interesting. For me, the front of the 350 is kind of dated and never really looked that great. The side view is perfection though.

But the 500 front looks like the best looking mustang ever. Yet the side view is lacking a bit. Sho u,d have kept the 350 vents.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
more power. Better suspension geometry, better tire compound, greater downforce all in favor of the GT500. The fact that the suspension isn’t going to hop on a hard hit is actually a plus in this case.

it would appear that not only will the GT500 be faster, it will corner better. The small difference in tire width is more than accounted for in compound.
Compound difference is negligible between the two since the R compound tire is proven to be track duty but the tire width disadvantage is not going anywhere with the GT500. Especially with its hefty 4200 lbs around corners. Power advantage only plays on high speed straights but nothing more. ZL1 has significant torque advantage, especially low and mid range, during cornering and getting up to speed torque plays a huge role for acceleration. Advantage goes back to ZL1 again. Suspension geometry is same on both cars but one has adjustable dampers again advantage goes back to ZL1. With only power advantage and DCT straights are the only place on a road coarse the GT500 will shine. That’s pretty much it.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
ZL1 has significant torque advantage, especially low and mid range, during cornering and getting up to speed torque plays a huge role for acceleration. Advantage goes back to ZL1 again. Suspension geometry is same on both cars but one has adjustable dampers again advantage goes back to ZL1. With only power advantage and DCT straights are the only place on a road coarse the GT500 will shine. That’s pretty much it.
Absolute Horseshit, the GT500 will out accelerate the ZL1 from any speed. If you belive the ZL1 will out power the 500 from a corner then I suggest you find a new dealer because your guy is spraying your shit with insecticides. And no the ZLE does not have adjustable dampers, however the GT500 does.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Absolute Horseshit, the GT500 will out accelerate the ZL1 from any speed. If you belive the ZL1 will out power the 500 from a corner then I suggest you find a new dealer because your guy is spraying your shit with insecticides. And no the ZLE does not have adjustable dampers, however the GT500 does.
Correct the DSSV suspension is not adjustable. I think the only advantage the 1LE has over the GT500 in cornering is marginally larger tire size, little less weight and that e diff. I dont know how much more or less cornering speed each would have than the other, but I'm curious to see. I also think the lower torque and higher horsepower the GT500 would have the advantage on corner exit.

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
Correct the DSSV suspension is not adjustable. I think the only advantage the 1LE has over the GT500 in cornering is marginally larger tire size, little less weight and that e diff. I dont know how much more or less cornering speed each would have than the other, but I'm curious to see. I also think the lower torque and higher horsepower the GT500 would have the advantage on corner exit.
DSSV configuration enables drivers to adjust the ride height of the front end

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gene...-technology/gm-dssv-technology/#ixzz64qgxpfMx

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
DSSV configuration enables drivers to adjust the ride height of the front end

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gene...-technology/gm-dssv-technology/#ixzz64qgxpfMx
Ride height and damping are two entirely different things. Let me spare us the back and forth of what you can adjust on a ZLE.

1) 10mm of ride height.
2) 3 settings for the rear stabilizer
3) add 3.7deg negative camber for the track.
4) have a Chiropractor adjust your back because the car rides like dog shit.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
This guy has no clue on how an engine works or the difference between torque and horsepower. You are only looking at the peak HP of 760 and assuming the GT500 can out accelerate a ZLE in and out of a corner. At what rpm do you think the car is making the 760 hp? And at what rpm the car is making a tight turn? On the ZL1 the power comes in early and carries out to upper midrange due to high flat torque. If we add the additional weight and skinny tires, good luck out accelerating the ZL1 1LE around a corner. The GT500 will hit the ditch slide out of the track in a heartbeat.

This is why Ford is not publishing any lap times and they won’t. They did their best with what they can with the GT500 CFTP and even with that the results must have been not that great. They only published the quarter mile results. Think before jumping into conclusions.