Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Feel ypur pain
2 trans gone. 15k miles total.
:(

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Might not be a bad idea to have a “spare” 10R80 on hand .
I scored one with 800 miles for $2500@midway mustangs (they still have another one ). They are about $4000 new so I think that’s a good price .

I have the clutches already to build it up but would like to send it off to add the extra clutches before I swap it in with the new motor .

The one in the car now has the clutches and stil seems to be holding up to about 900 hp (147 mph trap in full weight Premium/PP1) .

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thank you, for your Explanation, James.

Would you mind sharing the final race weight on your car ??

My build is almost ready and I'm afraid for my car's 10R80 specially with the extra torque of the built sleeved stroker motor + the twin 64s, I'm thinking here, I will be having the same issues (if not worst) as Heinz is at the track. I was at the track with him several times and have seen first hand what he is going throught and it's very frustrating. We had supercharged and turbo 6R80 cars in the past and never experienced anything like that before. Matter of fact, most of our other friends running the 6R80 Gen 2 cars are constantly smiling and having fun at the track.

I will be calling Limitless performance this coming week to order this extra baskets or whatever the "solution" is because there is nothing more embarrassing to me than building (me) a mega turbo project with built everything to be running 7-10 lbs of boost MAX everytime and running 9.7-10.0s LMAO. I don't wanna go the TH-400 route, unless it's inevitable.

Thank you, one more time for your reply, and I really hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the 10R80 and a way to make it bullet proof like we are able to do with the 6R80 and other transmissions available for us today.
Hey man . I can’t wait for your feed back on the stroker build . Shoot me a PM if you can as wanted details on the custom Ross stroker pistons .
Let me know what LPF says . I tried to message them on face book but did not hear back .

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Hey man . I can’t wait for your feed back on the stroker build . Shoot me a PM if you can as wanted details on the custom Ross stroker pistons .
Let me know what LPF says . I tried to message them on face book but did not hear back .
I will. You will hear back from me once it's ready
To be honest I don't think there is a solution for the 10R80 issues yet, but let's be positive. lol

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Sorry for the late reply. LPF has made custom modifications to be able to fit more clutches in each clutch pack. It is up to him to release this information on how he was able to or not.

For the 6r80 comment about them running at the track without issues is by far wrong. Due to needing to upgrading the intermediate shaft and also needing extra clutches put into the clutch packs as well. No hard parts have broken on the 10r80 yet from power.

The race weight on my car is 3600lbs. However there is another car that LPF did that weighed in 3900lbs and went 8.1 multiple times and was the record holder for awhile. Same trans set up in both of our cars. His clutches have looked great as well but did have the converter and a valve body replaced. Same thing that happened with mine. Fords fault nonetheless.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Sorry for the late reply. LPF has made custom modifications to be able to fit more clutches in each clutch pack. It is up to him to release this information on how he was able to or not.

For the 6r80 comment about them running at the track without issues is by far wrong. Due to needing to upgrading the intermediate shaft and also needing extra clutches put into the clutch packs as well. No hard parts have broken on the 10r80 yet from power.

The race weight on my car is 3600lbs. However there is another car that LPF did that weighed in 3900lbs and went 8.1 multiple times and was the record holder for awhile. Same trans set up in both of our cars. His clutches have looked great as well but did have the converter and a valve body replaced. Same thing that happened with mine. Fords fault nonetheless.
I'm getting more and more convinced each and everyday that the best solution is what David V. did with a TH-400 swap. Losing the overdrive, oh well, gaining peace of mind and maybe the chance of adding the gear vendors if I decide to massage the transmission tunnel of my car.
Too much bull*hit with the 10R80, It's been 3 years already and NOT Enough parts to be able to do the necessary upgrades to hold a lot of power.

The JPC TH-400 kit is making more sense to me every time I watch youtube videos or hear about the carnage and cars spitting out 10R80 parts at the track. Heinz, That 1320 Chick, Zander and so many others having the endless issues with it.

Sorry, but You are inaccurate about the 6R80, my silver 2013 T.T. car for example, made over 30 passes before starting to slip and many of those were with Justin from JPC racing and tuning the car back in 2014, running 9.5s@152 back then with about 900-950WHP. The 6R80 is badass and much better in stock form, we can't deny that. Had I bought and installed the stage 2 clutches and other upgrades (already available that time) I'm sure it would've been able to hold hundreds and hundreds more passes and abuse. We never replaced an input shaft either, as far as I can remember.
From my poor math, Heinz had at least 50-60 Mustang GTs with 6R80s over the past 8 years with his constant changing and evolving "fleet".
Out of all those cars, at least 10-20 were highly modified ones going to the track weekend after weekend after weekend and taking the beating and abuse from spring to fall and never a single problem. I saw engines popping, rear ends breaking, brake rotors cracking, etc.. etc.. , The guy is a racing freak, a mustang fanatic since I first met him in 2007 however, I never heard him talking a single bad word about the 6R80s or anything about the coyote platform in general. On the other hand with 10R80s :cwl::devil:... I have been listening to every single bad english word, some I didn't even hear before and had to look them up in the dictionary, lol. ( English is my second language as you already know haha) The 10R80 has been a disappointment for many, Maybe, Limitless Performance could SHARE with the community what their solution is to the on going issues with this GLASS tranny??? It will benefit thousands of people out there.

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i just like to know how this car shifts so clean to an 8.60......

Sponsored
OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So Ive tried to get in touch with LPF for a week.....so far not a peep of a reply, went on there website clicked the link to email justin and it got kicked back...messaged lpf on Facebook no reply, Message Justin on his personal FB page with no answer.....SOOOOOOO not sure why these guys are so hard to get a hold of!

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
So Ive tried to get in touch with LPF for a week.....so far not a peep of a reply, went on there website clicked the link to email justin and it got kicked back...messaged lpf on Facebook no reply, Message Justin on his personal FB page with no answer.....SOOOOOOO not sure why these guys are so hard to get a hold of!
he doesn’t replay to anyone...

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
he doesn’t replay to anyone...
Why wouldn't he? if there is a solution to all the problems big HP cars are having? I also called on monday, NO ANSWER.

You guys will see a built 10R80 up for sale with a new circle D converter and carbon fibre driveshaft in a few days here at 6G.

Last edited:

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Why wouldn't he? if there is a solution to all the problems big HP cars are having? I also called on monday, NO ANSWER.

You guys will see a built 10R80 up for sale with a new circle D converter and carbon fibre driveshaft in a few days here at 6G.
Obviously he doesn’t know how to run a business.

if he is as good as some say, he should hire a couple people to answer phones and ship items.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21

Have you weight the oem driveshaft?
How lighter is the CF
Sponsored