10r80 issues

Rubyred20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt automatic
Hey guys, I just finished changing my transmission fluid in my 2019 gt a10. I did all the steps which included, dropping pan and draining all oil out and replacing the filter. Started the initial fill of 5 quarts and seen it was right below the A mark (which is where it needs to be cold) started the car ran through each gear 10 to 20 seconds each. Went back down and the dip stick was dry. Check it three times with the engine running and not running. Still dry. Added a few more quarts and it finally started reading correctly. But when I shift from reverse to neutral to drive then back to neutral it clunks hard when I shift back to neutral from drive. The last time I did these steps as I was going to park is sounded like something was grinding like some gears or something. So I just quit. Fluid level is still where it needs to be but does any know why it would be clunking when shift to neutral from drive or making grinding nosies when trying to throw it in park. Did I over fill? I’ve watched videos where they fill it cold right under the mark so when it gets to temp it’s at the correct spot. I’m just afraid to drive it and Ruin my transmission. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Wheels in the air? Might be there is no weight on the back tires to dampen slack in drive train.

OP
OP
Rubyred20

Rubyred20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt automatic
Wheels in the air? Might be there is no weight on the back tires to dampen slack in drive train.
They were in the air yes. I got it on the ground now. It’s shifting through the gears smoothly. Waiting for the temp to reach 200+ to do check the level.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
There is your Christmas gift early

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score