Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I wouldn’t give up my tremec FJG for anything. With that being said, had ford reintroduced the grabber blue from your car in ‘22 I would have found a way to get a second one with an a10. My earlier comment was just me being annoyed at the guys with a clutch pedal giving everyone else shit all the time. Its tiring to see……

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet ! How long was the session ?
I was out there with my Mach for about 45 minutes on the track and another 45 minutes on a Autocross tight course.
I did the Ford Performance school with the Mach Tremec

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Only from dorks on forums. Imagine being so insecure that you worry what transmission someone else has in their car.
Including those who worry about the manual guys because they can't shift as fast as the A10. :)

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Including those who worry about the manual guys because they can't shift as fast as the A10. :)
That’s not true because I literally just beat one on my way home from lunch, without power shifting. But I agree that it’s stupid people give other people shit for transmission choice.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That’s not true because I literally just beat one on my way home from lunch, without power shifting. But I agree that it’s stupid people give other people shit for transmission choice.
You know what I noticed? When you have a manual you find a subconscious desire at times, for an automatic and when you have an automatic you think at times, about having a manual. You’re a car lover. It’s normal. Though most people think we’re out of our minds. :cwl:

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
You know what I noticed? When you have a manual you find a subconscious desire at times, for an automatic and when you have an automatic you think at times, about having a manual. You’re a car lover. It’s normal. Though most people think we’re out of our minds. :cwl:
You’re not wrong! Lol. I just enjoy the car period. Do I wish it was better! Yes! Lol

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Well said!

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I felt compelled to order my GT/CS with the 6 speed. I haven’t had a manual trans in over 30 years and didn’t want to miss the opportunity. Glad I made the decision.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm Bi-transmissional. I'm currently in a long term relationship with a manual, but I do like autos. 😆
You dirty little driver. Next you will say you drive more than one brand of car

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Not a Mach, but my GT is my first auto car (not counting the family trucksters). It turns the Coyote into a musical instrument: many gears make many notes.
Pros:
- Aforementioned musicality due to having 10 ratios with which to play.
- Smooth in Normal mode, in "D", when warm.
- Decent-ish economy in D
- Completely different character in manual mode, full lockup is great.
- Track mode is fantastic (on the street!)
- Great integration with Magneride: no pitching or dive on shifts. Most noticeable is the body-control when in Track mode.

Cons:
- Harsh engagement when cold
- Clunks when placing into drive
- Occasional harsh and unpredictable engagement when shifting in S & S+ when in "D," with hunting.
- 1st to 2nd shifts are always harsh when shifting above 4000-ish
- My Tahoe diesel with the codeveloped 10-sp is so much smoother and better programmed: very stark in contrast to the crap Ford programming. At first i thought that the Tahoe's extra weight was responsible for smoothing out the shifts, but two friends report the same frustratingly uncouth behavior in their F150 Powerboost and 7.3 Godzilla F250.

Questions:
- Is there a shift strategy difference between D and S in Sport+ when letting the trans shift for itself? Same question for Track mode.

Verdict: while it's cold, use D in normal mode; when it warms up, switch to the paddles and it's a musical sweetheart.