Sponsored

3.5L High Ouput Tune & 10 Speed

StangBanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Has anyone thought about the new High Output version of the brand new 3.5L Ecoboost (most likely 450 HP / 450 TQ) to find its way into the Mach 1? It would be an upgrade over the GT in performance numbers. Ford is not scared of charging more for less cylinders: Ecoboost 4 an upgrade over 3.7L V6, $400k for a V6 super car. In one of the latest Ford GT videos Raj talks about the Ecoboost V6 technologies benefitting lesser cars such as the Mustang GT.

What are your thoughts? Purists are happy with the Mustang GT with its Coyote V8, and those who just want pure outright performance can hand Camaro owners their butt with the Mach 1!
Sponsored

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
I'm actually hoping for an ecoboost 6, either 2.7 or 3.5, and awd for the mach 1. It'd be amazing!

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Has anyone thought about the new High Output version of the brand new 3.5L Ecoboost (most likely 450 HP / 450 TQ) to find its way into the Mach 1? It would be an upgrade over the GT in performance numbers. Ford is not scared of charging more for less cylinders: Ecoboost 4 an upgrade over 3.7L V6, $400k for a V6 super car. In one of the latest Ford GT videos Raj talks about the Ecoboost V6 technologies benefitting lesser cars such as the Mustang GT.

What are your thoughts? Purists are happy with the Mustang GT with its Coyote V8, and those who just want pure outright performance can hand Camaro owners their butt with the Mach 1!
I would be fine with it. It wouldn't sound like a V8 but would sound great in a much different way. On top of this, can you imagine modding the 3.5? You could gain 100 horsepower and torque from just a tune. :cheers:

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
It's inevitable that the EB 3.5 will offered in the Mustang, probably as the standard S650 GT engine.
I think the 5.0 will be upgraded to produce close to 500 NA horsepower and will available in the next Mach 1 or Boss 302.
The next GT 500 could be powered by an EB/SC 5.0 / Coyote based 5.2.
10 speed automatic would be available on all models.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
The new 3.0 eb from the 2017 Continental hits the 400hp mark and could probably use another home. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the power upgrades to the 2.3 eb seen in the 2017 Focus RS to find its way under the Mustangs hood.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Agree with you regarding the upgraded EB 2.3 for installation the Mustang.
That EB 3.0 is definitely impressive.
However, I believe it will remain an engine exclusive only to Lincoln.
It could see it being used in a new Mustang-based Lincoln luxury/performance coupe.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have mixed feelings. Frankly I would prefer the higher performance Mustangs to be V8s. If a smaller engine means the car can get smaller and lighter I might be onboard, but if there will still be a V8 model and the car is going to be big and porky the sacrifice in sound probably wouldn't be worth it to me. This would especially be true if the stock performance is close to the V8s. If the turbo six only makes 450 HP it wouldn't be worth it unless the GT V8 model makes 550 or so. Just offer one or the other if the performance is essentially the same.

AWD - it's marginal in my opinion with 450 HP, but it would make the car faster. I wouldn't think that the Mach would be high enough of a premium to get AWD, but AWD would make the car more desirable to me.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think people are expecting too much from the Mach 1. I feel like it'll just be a dress up pack mostly with a few beefed up mechanicals and a lightly modified 5.0 for a couple extra horsepower. This new 3.5 will probably find it's way into the S650 generation but I think the S550 is gonna stick with the same old formula for the next few years here until the S650 when everything goes in a more radical, all-turbo direction.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Agreed.
Have said in previous posts that Mach 1 would only receive very modest hp increase/suspension/interior upgrades and exterior appearance cosmetics.
Was thinking around 500 hp 5.0 for S650.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Out of curiosity, what would be the size and weight of the 3.5 EcoBoost vs 5.0 Coyote?

Sponsored

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I doubt we'll ever see a production mustang that is AWD. There will always be a market for a loud V8 but I do see that market decreasing as time goes by. Right now though a lot of people would sacrifice power for sound.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I don't see Ford using the Mach 1 moniker on anything that uses AWD, or a turbo. It's a heritage moniker that will be marketed to people who love the old Mach one. If they do things with turbos and AWD, it will be with a new badge to bring in new people: they won't -- in a sense -- disrespect their own heritage. Mustangs with turbos will increase in offerings, and I'm hopeful for AWD, but don't expect it.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I don't see Ford using the Mach 1 moniker on anything that uses AWD, or a turbo. It's a heritage moniker that will be marketed to people who love the old Mach one. If they do things with turbos and AWD, it will be with a new badge to bring in new people: they won't -- in a sense -- disrespect their own heritage. Mustangs with turbos will increase in offerings, and I'm hopeful for AWD, but don't expect it.

1974_00045_01.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You guys have great imaginations of what the next few years of Mustangs will be.
Sponsored