DSC_2635.JPG

DSC_2634 (1).JPG
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Yup, looks great with custom knob and manual boot. Search the forums, there's lot of pics for S550 and part number. Using a bottle cap cca 5 mm high to hold the leather collar in place did the trick nicely.

02.jpg
What I meant was, use the auto trim plate but remove the added plastic filler plates (with the PRNDS and itā€™s opposite) .

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
That won't work. The leather is just on the center and can't be stretched to the sides. The only way is to replace it but then it wouldn't work with default auto knob.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That won't work. The leather is just on the center and can't be stretched to the sides. The only way is to replace it but then it wouldn't work with default auto knob.
Excellent info. Thanks. Guess Iā€™ll just have to stump up for the manual trim piece which I was hoping to avoid. Itā€™s relatively cheap I know, but by the time I pay shipping to the UK and then (potentially) import duty and V.A.T. on top it gets to be a bit pricey.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know, right? šŸ˜ If you import it all by yourself you will still probably pay less than if you buy it at local Ford dealer... But it's worth asking.
Best to import more things in one combined package over companies who can join the packages. VAT is unavoidable evil, unless you know someone who has the car registered on business and is a VAT payer.

These problems go away if you find a knob you fall in love with. Also do not tell your wife, they never have understanding for it and loss of the gear labels is frightening for them :lipssealed:

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a Ford UK price for a Bullitt gear knob. Not sure if itā€™s a typo. but I donā€™t want to askā€¦. šŸ¤Ø

B247D9B5-6047-409A-B101-15E61E815B6B.png

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
This is a Ford UK price for a Bullitt gear knob. Not sure if itā€™s a typo. but I donā€™t want to askā€¦. šŸ¤Ø
Funny. I thought it must be a typo, went to the Czech Ford store and found the exact same price (9865 CZK), with a note that the price is without installation šŸ™ˆ.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The gear trim surround price from Ford UK is eye opening as wellā€¦.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This special OEM stuff is always pricey (probably to discourage people to buy it, lol). It's the white cue ball knob, not the shift boot too, to replace on manual GTs. You won't find shift boot online in after sales in official Ford store as that's integral part of the car.

I got this one, not that expensive. Inquire at Ford dealer parts, EU Mustangs have the same one just with different part number for EU cars.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/gr3z-7277-da.html
Can be bought on eBay too (from USA), shipping is not that crazy.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191848842917
But this really works only with custom shift knob.

You can get the exactly same looking white cue ball with custom engraving (of course R123456 is non-sense for automatic, but can have PRNDS for example).
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/automatic-shaft-conversion-kit
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/ball-engraving-service

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I bought this one for my mustang and like it but now that you all have shown the WG shift knob for the 10R I actually like it better.

15-20 Ford Mustang Billet Automatic Shifter Handle S550 (uprproducts.com)

I got the black option of the one above. It is nice and very high quality but kind of like the old skool ball better. Now just have to decide on what options I like best.

BD

Sponsored

Theye77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1 HP Auto
What I meant was, use the auto trim plate but remove the added plastic filler plates (with the PRNDS and itā€™s opposite) .
can You explain bottle trick a bit better, or have a link to share. I am in the process of replacing the plastic centre console trim with the nice soft touch stitched version, this would look amazing with that. What a great hack!

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Thatā€™s a great option had the Hurst version on my 2SS 1LE but it was I think $249 or something like that and from the looks of it the same damn thing šŸ‘šŸ»

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase