Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Mine went in last night and they said it's done. They re-indexed the driveshaft and said the vibration was fixed. Could it be that easy? Should I ask if they used hose clamps? I'm picking it up Saturday, I'll report the results.

I hope you got off easy and it is fixed ................
Sponsored

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Yes re-indexing the drive shaft does work in some cases.That is how I fixed mine,no hose clamps needed to fix my car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mine went in last night and they said it's done. They re-indexed the driveshaft and said the vibration was fixed. Could it be that easy? Should I ask if they used hose clamps? I'm picking it up Saturday, I'll report the results.
Heard that one before... Many times...

Be sure you really drive it on an extended drive w/o stop-n-go traffic and pay close attention to the 50-70mph range.

Best of luck.... (you'd be better off buying a lottery ticket) :lol:

Motoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes re-indexing the drive shaft does work in some cases.That is how I fixed mine,no hose clamps needed to fix my car.
I feel like one of the lucky ones. Seems to have fixed my vibration for now. I'll have to look to see if they used a hose clamp or not, but feels good.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
After reading this I decided to play around a bit. Mine does have an ever so slight vibration around 55. Most would not notice it but I was looking for it and found it. The biggest was at 80MPH it really would vibrate but felt almost like the right front tire area not so much in the seat. I crawled under my car and looked. the Yellow marks of the driveshaft and flange would never line up perfectly since the mark on the DS was right on the area that aligned with a flange bolt and the one on the flange was between the bolts. So I just tried moving the DS over 1 hole so that the marks were still equally aligned but one tab over. It was worse any one could have felt that vibration so I jacked it up again and moved it 180 and now there is an ever so slight vibration at 80mph but non at 55. I think the ever so slight vibration would not be able to be detected if I did not have the BMR CB005 Cradle lockout kit that locks down the IRS carrier so the bushings there cant absorb the vibration any more.

Jsut my findings but if someone is like me and is very hesitant to let the Mechanics at any of the dealers in my area touch my car they may want to try it before letting them take a hatchet to your beautiful car.

Sponsored

Motoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I feel like one of the lucky ones. Seems to have fixed my vibration for now. I'll have to look to see if they used a hose clamp or not, but feels good.
I can say after driving it a few days, it's not completely gone. I'd say 95% gone, but now I feel it in the gas pedal. Maybe it was there before and I just didn't feel it? Going back in this Friday.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I am referred to and have an appointment at a new dealer with the vibe analyzer this Saturday. Hopeful to make this into a real car eventually. Not asking too much to drive quietly in my stock V6..... It's horrible....

Seewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Mine got a new DS two weeks ago. First I thought it was fixed, because the vibration at 65 was gone....BUT now it is much worse at 80mph....

So called my dealer....let's see what they suggest now.
I`m so frustrated with the car....it was my dream car but it is a nightmare.
Vibration isn't the only problem but that's another story.

I would like to give it back to Ford, but it isn't that easy in Germany.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just dropped mine off for service today. The service writer and the tech both told me I was the first to come in with this problem. I fully expect them to do a roadforce balance on my wheels and I'll end up taking it back in a week. The tech said if the balance doesn't fix it, he'll contact Ford on how to move forward.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Just dropped mine off for service today. The service writer and the tech both told me I was the first to come in with this problem. I fully expect them to do a roadforce balance on my wheels and I'll end up taking it back in a week. The tech said if the balance doesn't fix it, he'll contact Ford on how to move forward.
what I don't understand is the level of troubleshooting? :frusty:

they do one thing then just give it back and expect you to report back whether or not it was fixed. why is it when you go on a drive with them to show them the vibration they can't do the same before giving it back to make sure it's been fixed??

don't send it back with us if it's still not fixed!! :headbonk::shrug::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

they do one thing then just give it back and expect you to report back whether or not it was fixed. why is it when you go on a drive with them to show them the vibration they can't do the same before giving it back to make sure it's been fixed??

don't send it back with us if it's still not fixed!! :headbonk::shrug::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
Simple. Ford pays the dealer for a repair. If they put something on and say it didn't fix the issue ford will not pay for part or labor. So the dealer says it fixed it and let's you come back to get it fixed again so they can get paid for the failed fix and hopefully the actual fix.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

They are trying to get it back in your hands as quick as possible so it doesn't go over the 30 day lemon law thing. But the 3 repair attempts also works against them. Make sure you log each repair attempt with paperwork so they can't claim that the open work order over several weeks was one attempt. They will try that trick.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
They are trying to get it back in your hands as quick as possible so it doesn't go over the 30 day lemon law thing. But the 3 repair attempts also works against them. Make sure you log each repair attempt with paperwork so they can't claim that the open work order over several weeks was one attempt. They will try that trick.
Chicanery and skullduggery! :tsk:

Take it to 3 different dealers? :ninja:

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Not speaking for every dealer here, but where my dealer is located they have no area to legally do 50mph+ unless they take it 20min out to the nearest highway, and personally I don't want any tech taking my car down the highway.

I took a tech out this morning and he had to go check with his supervisor before even getting in the car. I am sure if one of them got pulled over speeding in a customers car it could cost them a job. Fine by me, I'd rather them be that cautious and fear the long arm of the law instead of ripping fat 11's on a back road some where in my car.

Anyways, the dealer called, they said they put the car on the lift and isolated the issue as the driveshaft. They put a new driveshaft in and verified the car is fixed. I will pick the car up tomorrow morning (I get out of work when they close) so I will post up here tomorrow if they fixed it or not. I'm trying not to get my hopes up since I've seen a ton of people not get this resolved, but here's hoping :cheers:.

Caltec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt DHG K4551 Electronic Pkg. Mag Ride
Have been going through the dog and pony show several times now. Just had my second driveshaft reindexed yesterday. The vibration that was between 45 and over 75 with my second drive shaft is now 50 to 70 since the reindexing. I have a claim number from Ford and am expecting a call from the CSR tomorrow to find out how the latest trip to the dealer went. I don't know if I should give them another chance or just tell them I will start to go through the Lemon Law process.
Sponsored