Sponsored

I F*&^%$# hate winter

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Dry or not. Until there a first good rain or two in the spring, salts still getting kicked up and around from vehicles and trucks. Might not see it across the car but your undercarriage sure is. Granted I also don’t do automatic car washes as it causes swirls too. :)
Sig is right on, Salt and Chemical >dust< is quite real, there is both dry and wet, road spray, that gets all over, and underneath frame and chassis, plus, in Minn. they still will >try< and repair, ie fill pot holes with asphalt, i still can get tar and oil on all vehicles paint, and wheels in winter....:frown:
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I put all seasons on mine so I could drive it as long as the weather doesn't get too crazy. I really enjoyed driving my Miata with snow tires on it. It's amazing how much difference they make. But storing an extra set of wheels and tires and having to get rid of them when I sold the car was a pain in the butt.

Tenbrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Super Duty F-350 Dually
Not driving the car for 6 months out of the year is BS. I need to move.......... End of rant!
All I can say is, "Thank God for Texas".

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
45° here today! That's warm enough to do some outdoor chores in a sweat shirt and run a few errands with the Mustang. First time it's been out since the end of October.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I frekkin hate winter . I need to move :rockon:

thankfully I have a 4wd rusty truck that I love to drive when it's crappy. I do drive the Mustang whenever possible in the winter but it's not the same. Winter sucks

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The new ones have a snow mode gezzzz what ya think its for? :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The new ones have a snow mode gezzzz what ya think its for? :)
It doesn't do shit, it's a bad joke.

Anyone that's spent real time driving on snow & ice, knows there's time when you need wheel-spin. And anyone that's spent real time driving on snow & ice knows it's all about the tires, not traction control.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I hope you all appreciate that you have a choice. Best I can do would be a move out to Vancouver Island and have winter temps in the 5-10C with a lot of dull, damp days. I tell everyone that I was born 20 degrees too far north.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I don't mind the winter break. I do other things, and it makes me appreciate the parts of the year when I can drive the car.

I keep it stored in a heated shop and I stopped by and took a peek yesterday. Not really depressing. It will be nice to get it out in a few months.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I guess if I had the space and clear funds to run a third car, I’d store mine but I am also expecting to only run through two more winters and then retire ahead of winter 2022, so the car will see very limited use, if any, after that point.

Tenbrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Super Duty F-350 Dually
here's the '70 Cutlass with a tree on it - and a drunk Santa admiring it.
17-tree-pic-jpg.jpg
My first new car was a '70 Cutlass in Sherwood Green. I was a junior engineering student at the Univ. of Houston. I loved that car. I put a hole in the headliner moving a textbook from the backseat to the front in a haste to make a class - boy was I pisxxd. Great car those Oldsmobiles especially the 442's.

molls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT premium manual
Not driving the car for 6 months out of the year is BS. I need to move.......... End of rant!
wow, why? i live in minnesota and i drive my car all year, even in the snow and ice. you just need some driving skills! i keep a bag of salt and these plastic traction pad things in the trunk in case i get stuck on ice, keep it in sport mode, and do my normal driving.

car_designer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
When I bought my 2013 Mustang, I picked it up new in a snowy parking lot. I drove it through 3 winters and never had an issue. After 3 years I bought an SUV and started to park the Mustang for the winter. Now and then, I still took it out on a nice day. To be honest, I miss driving it in the winter. It was a blast! With my new Mustang, it has never seen salt and I want to keep it that way.

The snow on it in this picture was from a morning at work. By this point they quit clearing the parking lot and had just let us leave. That was a fun drive home!

49290797381_e713c1f994_b.jpg
Sponsored