Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yup hoping to hear fro him today or tomorrow. I am going to tape off all the plastic trim through the door entry and the plastic trim on the center counsel to avoid any damage to it during the work. I already took out the drivers seat and it is a tight fit. Don't want any damage from her getting the seat TSB done. :doh:
I read the TSB again, and it does sound like the seats need to be removed to do this fix. I was hoping it could be done with the seats in place moved all the way forward.
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Yup hoping to hear fro him today or tomorrow. I am going to tape off all the plastic trim through the door entry and the plastic trim on the center counsel to avoid any damage to it during the work. I already took out the drivers seat and it is a tight fit. Don't want any damage from her getting the seat TSB done. :doh:
I strongly recommend this. My plastics are all scratched up and I even got a huge gouge in the rocker paint from a previous, unrelated seat repair.
:frusty:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Called dealership and left message today. He called me back and has parts ordered. He'll call when they arrive. Man I love my dealership.

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
I am hoping the convertible will make taking the seats out easier. I will be pissed if the dealer scratches anything in the car during the repair.

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I have an appointment to bring my car in today for the seat back heating up when the seat AC is on. I have the TSB printed and will be taking that with me. Hopefully they will not give me the runaround.
Alright, just got back. They told me that even though they couldn't replicate the problem, they will just do the TSB anyway and ordered the parts while I was there. They didn't have the car long enough to generate the problem anyway; I drove home with the seat cooler on and by the time I got back to my side of town, the back rest was warm. Oh well, they're going to perform the TSB anyway, that's all I care about. They do have to order parts.

Thanks to all who suffered before me so this wouldn't be a big deal for me to get fixed.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Thanks to all who suffered before me so this wouldn't be a big deal for me to get fixed.
This is SO different from the squealing brake TSB, where we were all arguing and fighting to get the work done. I like this, not sure why it changed but I'll sure take it!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is SO different from the squealing brake TSB, where we were all arguing and fighting to get the work done. I like this, not sure why it changed but I'll sure take it!
If you look at page 1 onward from this very thread, you will see all the "fighting and arguing". You just had good timing on this one :)

In all seriousness, there were a lot of people here who took their vehicles in multiple times to try and get this documented. Even if the service department didn't have a service message, without those early pioneers, Ford would not have know about this.

Also, I believe the help we've received from that effort, along with what others have done to reach out to Ford on other social media platforms, added to what FordService has likely done in the background to raise internal awareness of the concern and the many people reporting the same thing on the F-150 forum, all have added up to what we have today.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
If you look at page 1 onward from this very thread, you will see all the "fighting and arguing". You just had good timing on this one :)

In all seriousness, there were a lot of people here who took their vehicles in multiple times to try and get this documented. Even if the service department didn't have a service message, without those early pioneers, Ford would not have know about this.

Also, I believe the help we've received from that effort, along with what others have done to reach out to Ford on other social media platforms, added to what FordService has likely done in the background to raise internal awareness of the concern and the many people reporting the same thing on the F-150 forum, all have added up to what we have today.
I have been in on this since about page 2, I think. It took a while to get to the TSB on this one (less than I thought it would) and that's good. The difference I see is that even after we had TSB015 for the brakes, the dealers demanded that the brakes be squealing at that moment or it didn't apply. I went to the dealer 5 times after that TSB was out before they agreed to make repairs. With this one, they just folded. Agreed to make the repairs without seeing the car! I sent an email saying I have the problem and here's the TSB number, and they opened a service order and ordered the parts. Same dealer, same service adviser, completely different experience.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
With this one, they just folded. Agreed to make the repairs without seeing the car! I sent an email saying I have the problem and here's the TSB number, and they opened a service order and ordered the parts. Same dealer, same service adviser, completely different experience.
Ah, got ya. One of two things - either the concern was easier to replicate or you scared them from last time :)

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Ah, got ya. One of two things - either the concern was easier to replicate or you scared them from last time :)
That was it, I scared 'em!

After your reply I went back through the thread and am reminded of ALL the work done, particularly by Free Agent and Droid Junkie but also others, in documenting what is and isn't happening under the seat covers. Fascinating work, all of it, and I just wanted to say a belated thanks to both those guys. Really good work! I think Ford would have gotten there, but it wouldn't surprise me that you pushed them along, because this TSB follows really closely behind the F150 version, which is a 10x larger problem for Ford. :cheers: :cheers::clap2:

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I dropped Kitana off this morning for the TSB, her first oil change, and some other minor issues. I scheduled a week in advance to ensure the parts were in stock before I arrived. The dealer ordered the parts with no questions asked, and I should have her back tomorrow.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Got the TSB done yesterday. Of course temps are down to around 60 here now so not great testing conditions but I'll run em today for awhile on my travels and report back.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I got Kitana back today, and I've had about an hour and 15 minutes of seat time with the new seatback blower motors. I would say the new motors are about a 60% improvement compared to the original design. The seatback no longer gets hot, but the cooling effect is very minimal - I estimate about 30% of the cooling effect of the seat bottoms.

Ultimately I'm satisfied with the TSB fix. If the seat coolers operated this way from the factory, I likely would not have ever complained about it. Good luck with your replacements, guys and gals.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Now that it's 60 degrees everyday, I decided to test out the cooled seats for fun and discovered that my seatback now stays cool the entire time I have it on. I turned on the passenger side also and asked the lady if her seatback is cool and she said she only feels it on the bottom, not her back.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I want my cooled seated fixed. Its still around 100 here
Sponsored