Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
If you are tall and the back of the seatback is pressed against the rear seat bottom cushion, is that going to pinch off this snorkel?
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, looks like there's a defector for lack of a better word so that the Ted exhaust goes up to the clear perforations rather than straight back to where the seat pocket blocks them.

The weasel "may" is not promising, add the fact that my car already checked as "per spec", but I'll try bringing it in again and get Deysha involved too.
Sounds good, DB23 - I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Thanks guys! Good work. I just called my dealer to inquire about the work to be done on my leather seats (seat belt chaffing issue) and also threw in there that there seems to be a fix on the seat cooling issue. Gave him the TSB #, he confirmed and said he'll roll with it. Just a matter of fitting me in for an appointment and get me a car.
The downside is that the weather has gotten cooler and I'm afraid I won't immediately notice the effects of the swap.
Glad to read this is being taken care of for you, I8ACHEVY! We'll be here if you need us.

Nick

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
TSB 15-0144
CLIMATE CONTROLLED SEATS - LACK OF COOLING - FRONT SEAT BACKREST
Publication Date: September 22, 2015
FORD: 2015-2016 Mustang
ISSUE:

Some 2015-2016 Mustang vehicles equipped with climate controlled seats may exhibit a lack of cooling performance from the front seat backrests. ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition. SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Perform the procedure on both seats.
  1. Does the vehicle exhibit a lack of cooling from the front seat backrest when using the climate controlled seat?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 3.
    1. No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10 for normal diagnostics.
  1. Can the front seat backrest blower motor be heard running when using the climate controlled seats?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 4.
    1. No - this article does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10 for normal diagnostics.
  1. Remove the front seat backrest blower motor. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.
  1. Install a new front seat backrest blower motor. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.
    1. Secure the new front seat backrest blower motor with a tie strap leaving 25 mm (1 inch) of slack in the tie strap. (Figure 1A)

Figure 1 - 15-0144
    1. Route the air intake snorkel of the new blower motor as shown. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - 15-0144
  1. Reinstall the seat backrest cover. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.
    1. Route the elastic backrest cover straps through the slots in the fabric at the end of the air intake snorkel prior to refastening the elastic backrest cover straps. (Figure 3)

Figure 3 - 15-0144
Obtain Locally Part Description 200 mm (8 inch) Tie Strap
PART NUMBER PART NAME GU5Z-19N550-B GU5Z-19N550-B Seat Back Blower Motor Assembly

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 150144A 2015-2016 Mustang: Replace The Seatback Blower Motor Both (2) Front Seats Includes Time To Remove And Install Seats (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 1.3 Hrs.

WARRANTY STATUS

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

Can you provide a PDF that has the numbering right? This is a great answer but would like to be able to hand the TSB to my service advisor.

Thanks, Sonic!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I can't see any of those images, can anyone else?

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Can you provide a PDF that has the numbering right? This is a great answer but would like to be able to hand the TSB to my service advisor.

Thanks, Sonic!
Just write down TSB# on a piece of paper and hand it to him. He has it on his computer system if they are a Ford dealership.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Just write down TSB# on a piece of paper and hand it to him. He has it on his computer system if they are a Ford dealership.
Yeah, that's right. But handing it to him is more effective than trying to get him to look it up!

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
I guess I'll be the first disappointment on here; brought my car in on this gave the TSB to the service manager and they said seats are working as designed.

My transmission clunks too from P to R; and apparently that is working as designed as well.

Boo Ford; I had high hopes on this one.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
That's a bummer - some dealers probably running these things for 10 mins in an air conditioned bay and thinking we're all crazy. I'm taking mine in Monday for the heat shield recall work and I'll bring the TSB with me and hope for better. Otherwise it's wait for spring and rig my own fix ;-)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I guess I'll be the first disappointment on here; brought my car in on this gave the TSB to the service manager and they said seats are working as designed.

My transmission clunks too from P to R; and apparently that is working as designed as well.

Escalated it through one of the Ford Customer Care Reps here on the board.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=7992

Ford really needs to mention in the TSB how to test the TEDs for proper functionality, which would include letting them run 15-20 min before hooking up the diagnostic computer for the test.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Did you point out that if they were working as intended, there wouldn't be a TSB on them?

I'd escalate to Deysha here on this site FordService is her user name. There's help available.

Also a good point below; should probably do your best to have them test after you drive with it on max cool for 30 minutes or so. Probably works great immediately on start up after a cold soak.

belleg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Premium

I really don't understand dealers like that one... It is not like they do this work for free and even though Ford won't pay them the full time (it most likely will take them more than the 1.2 hours for the both seats) they can schedule this during their low time... Such a lack of entrepreneurial thinking :)
Anyway, try another dealer and explain that it takes time... Or ask them to leave the car in the sun for a while and then try the seat cooling (ask them to touch the back of the seat to check how hot it gets)
BTW while my dealer had the car for the diagnostics of the seat cooling, they checked the wheel alignment (for some reason) and said that the car needs an alignment. Appears that it is a well known thing... To be fixed when I bring it in for the blower replacemen. I must have a really nice dealer ;)

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
I plan to bring my car in after I have driven it for a while and the seats are not cooling properly. This will allow me to show the service writer the exact problem so they can confirm it for me and get the damn parts ordered.

I also need an alignment as I have excess edge wear on the front tires.

It is a FUCKING JOKE that the dealers refuse to acknowledge a TSB, and get basically FREE WORK.

DEYSHA, please reach out to whoever the hell you can and explain to them that the DEALERSHIPS ARE KILLING FORD.

Darko66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Quite surprisingly it appears the F150 and Mustang fix use the same part. They have the same full part number. It must be a very flexible snorkel. Unfortunately that means both sets of owners will be competing to get the part, but it's probably the reason they were able to get the Mustang TSB out shortly after.

I'm finally getting some moderate improvement with my add on parts with both the heat exhaust and the intake outside of the seat. I can at least feel air blowing on my back if I lean forward, and the middle of the seat is definitely cooler than the lumbar area at the end of the ride. Still a work in progress though. Despite the TSB I figured I'd keep at it just to see how it goes. If I ever get results worth bragging about, I'll share.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
I plan to bring my car in after I have driven it for a while and the seats are not cooling properly. This will allow me to show the service writer the exact problem so they can confirm it for me and get the damn parts ordered.

I also need an alignment as I have excess edge wear on the front tires.

It is a FUCKING JOKE that the dealers refuse to acknowledge a TSB, and get basically FREE WORK.

DEYSHA, please reach out to whoever the hell you can and explain to them that the DEALERSHIPS ARE KILLING FORD.
Let me start with a disclaimer that there may be a secret code that tells the dealer to ignore all the weasel words in the TSB and just do the work.

However, I blame Ford for making the dealers think that the car has to exhibit a problem that the dealers need to observe/diagnose.

The TSB needed to say something like: "Notwithstanding passing all applicable diagnostics, the front seats exhibit cooling insufficient for many owners. If an owner complains of lack of cooling, and the seats pass the normal diagnostics, perform the work below in this TSB 15-0144. If TSB 15-0144 has already been performed, then tell the customer he/she should have waited to buy the 2016 Camaro."
Sponsored