Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That just warms my heart. I was talking to a buddy about young kids today that don't understand the love of cars. In our day, whenever we heard a muscle car exhaust we were breaking out necks trying to identify where it was coming from so we could get a glimpse. Now, kids sit on their phones and ignore a great sounding American muscle exhaust passing right by them. Your daughter is experiencing something magical that will probably stick with her throughout her life. Enjoy these moments, they grow up so fast....
This is my now 20 year old daughter learning how to drive manual transmission.
IMG_1442.JPG
Yeah it makes me happy to see her enjoying the car. Hopefully in 14 years we still have access to gasoline so I can teach her to drive a stick too :giggle:
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
That just warms my heart. I was talking to a buddy about young kids today that don't understand the love of cars. In our day, whenever we heard a muscle car exhaust we were breaking out necks trying to identify where it was coming from so we could get a glimpse. Now, kids sit on their phones and ignore a great sounding American muscle exhaust passing right by them. Your daughter is experiencing something magical that will probably stick with her throughout her life. Enjoy these moments, they grow up so fast....
This is my now 20 year old daughter learning how to drive manual transmission.
IMG_1442.JPG

Lorne,
Have to agree with you about a lot of kids today. Nice to see your daughter learning to drive stick. I have a 17 year old grandson, not into cars. But our 15 year old grandson luvs them. He goes with me to the car shows and events. He can tell you about a lot of different cars too. Guess I will be giving him stick lessons in the near future.
When I'm at shows or C& C I always let kids sit in the car for a picture. They get so excited. Hope it sticks with them into thier future.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I have taught two people to drive a stick with my GT350............ the key is to have them NEVER use the gas when they are learning to use the clutch and therefore learning the proper clutch release point.
The gas pedal becomes a band-aid once they learn the release point.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Weather was nice so I drove the GT350 to pick up my daughter at daycare. They are usually outside in the afternoon and she recognizes the exhaust note and comes running to the fence when I pull up, even from the other side of the playground. She really likes the car. Was yelling "Go faster! Faster!" all the way home.
Love this - and I can relate...My 2 year old daughter screams "MORE FAST" from the back seat in my car. I obviously don't push it with her in the car, but a little stomp on the gas to rock her around and she goes absolutely bonkers...she also prefers the windows down and music playing...future problem on my hands haha!

Sponsored

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Fortunately all my kids love cars. Taught my youngest daughter how to drive manual in the 350. Oldest daughter was in her mom's Jetta. Our 4yo loves cars and trucks, mainly trucks right now. He knows every hood/grille emblem and what type they are. He's been trying to get me to mod his powerwheels saying "we need bulbs in the roll bar lights" and "it's too slow". Say no more fam. Bought one of those adapters to put one of M18 Milwaukee batteries on it. The smile on that kid's face the first time he hit the pedal was worth it!

@matthewr87 my oldest son was like that with my 96 Cobra. I'd get on it a little and he'd be in the back going "again again!"

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
looking good Keith!
Thanks Lorne! I had this personal plate for my first two Shelby's until I went with Collector plates, and was surprised it was still available. It was nice to pull up the cover to put it on, but it made it tough to put it back down and not drive it. The roads are still white with salt, and today its going to be 63. WTF. Tomorrow it will snow, and they will dump the winters allotment of salt down.
looking good Keith!

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
Get them around cars at a young age, and its a lot more likely they will continue to be into cars. The picture of the boy on the right in front of Lorne's GT350 at a show is my favorite nieces son who is into cars. I took him to Road America for the IMSA races this past Summer and he got a discarded body part from an accident he witnessed and he was stoked! Has it hanging in his room. He can't wait to ride in my GT350 and wants us to take that one to Road America this summer.

Lorne GT350.jpg

Nash RA.png

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Sunday drive and cars and coffee time. Been hibernating for 2 months. Nice to hear it fire up!

IMG_20240225_121556730.jpg

IMG_20240225_121606710.jpg
Man that color is beautiful! Perfect!

Big Business

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I am 24, never owned a manual car before the Shelby. Took a lesson from an instructor here in town and about 6 weeks later I'm driving the GT350R home 😂 Uhh, I was a little nervous

Can thank my father for the car enthusiasm gene. I got a few friends who are into cars and drive manuals too. But driving a manual is hard when we're all eating avocado toast and drinking $10 lattes while driving

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Yes love these posts about kids… my youngest daughter is very vocal about Tesla sucking because they are too quiet and that makes them boring… gets up early and watches every F1 race with me…
1000003130.png

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Weellll, shit. Now I wanna play and be proud like you guys!! Both of my kids are car nuts. Funny story though, my son (the oldest) is a total car guy, but he likes his car and fancy stuff. I would not label him a full fledged gear head. Daughter on the other hand…full blown gear head. Here she is installing my 500 valve covers for me. We must go to every race in town (Indy, NHRA, Petit LeMans, etc etc). She’s looking for her first job at @Discount Tire She wants to go to one of these high performance technical colleges and wants to ultimately end up on a fancy race team some day. Sorry for the picture flood, but, you guys started it :giggle:

Oh…and at 15 she can already shred it up pretty good. Did most of the driving at this years Mountain Run!

IMG_8260.png

IMG_8256.png

IMG_7294.png

IMG_8254.png

IMG_7262.png

DE18DA42-03F2-4D8B-8280-FE52AC95CBE4.png

71485810058__3A13C750-6EC5-4466-BE22-E10FDD5B3F5A.png

IMG_5995.png

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@galaxy So cool to see that your kids share your passion for cars and racing. Just a friendly FYI... Discount Tire is always looking for people to join our ranks! The minimum age requirement is 16 years of age, no experience needed. Looks like there are store locations in your area! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a DM!

MR10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Awesome to see kids interested in cars. Had a 2018 base 350 that I sold back in 2022. My kids have been asking me ever since when we we're getting another so we can cruise around in it. Was able to pick up this 2017 350R on Monday. So now I am in the market for some rear seats if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs. Super excited to be back in one!
IMG_8996.png
Sponsored