WARNING TO FLORIDIANS

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Wow....sorry man. I would have farked the hell out...

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
[ame]

Sponsored

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
A Gammo Whisper pellet gun. No noise-dead crane.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Wow dude, that sucks. Hopefully insurance has your back on this one. I know State Farm doesn't give me trouble with anything, they cover whatever whenever no problem, so far for me. I would have been substantially less lenient with that bird... I'm with activeGT on this one, kill it and tell no one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Yep some subspecies of Sandhill Cranes I believe are endangered (or maybe threatened species). Looks like the males see a reflection as another male and try to battle it for pecking order.

I'll share another species that does the same thing because I've had them attack the side view mirrors in 2 cars I've owned as well.

Mockingbirds will do the same thing. I had one give a go to one side view mirror in my 99 Grand Prix GTP years ago. Just a couple of years ago had another attack both of the mirrors our G8 GT while parked in a hotel parking lot. Both times were near their nest I found out. They see these reflections as another bird and a threat to them. They aren't called bird-brains for nothing.

For the OP, I would check to see if they are nesting nearby although I believe these Sandhills winter down in your area then migrate to the Great Plains somewhere to nest and breed. Turn it into insurance and they will take care of it. Really sorry. Your nice clean car was a perfect mirror unfortunately. :( Best wishes with repairs though. :)

OP
OP

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Thanks guys. Spoke with the insurance and they want pictures and whatnot. Super bummed about this, definitely investing in a car cover for when its parked outside. Just bad luck/timing this morning.

Most of the scratches are just clear coat, simple enough however I didn't want to mess with the damage too much.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I had a guinea peck the rockers on my black 2002 SVT Focus.....looked like some threw gravel all over it.

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
I can't believe.that stupid bird.

OP
OP

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
I think I'm going to try and have the body shop at the dealership just buff out what scratches they can since I have a photoshoot lined up for Monday. Hoping most of them come right out.
Sponsored