Warning For South Floridians- Grieco Ford Fort Lauderdale

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Looks like I misunderstood. You can buy the warranty but it has to be at the retail price. Online dealers like Flood Ford cannot sell to owners in Florida.

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/ford-protect-florida.cfm

https://www.floodfordesp.com/buy_no...eage=26000&StateID=10&Submit=1&si.x=15&si.y=5
Dig deeper. I learned this years ago when purchasing a Ford Premium ESP for my Thunderbird.

While Florida considers warranties, which are actually extended service plans, to be insurance contracts (FL's insurance lobbies have brought this about), and hence FL dealers must sell them at a fixed price, you can still buy the ESP outside the state at any price you are able to negotiate.

Two weeks ago I shopped a Ford ESP for my newly acquired Mustang. I contacted the various dealers mentioned in these posts - Flood, Anderson Koch, etc., and was told by most that either they couldn't sell to Florida residents, or they all had the same price. So I contacted the Greenfield dealer I had used for my TBird. I only had to submit some easy paperwork (mileage statement and vehicle registration) and got the exact plan I wanted for some $700 less. Reach out to Troy Dietrich at fordofgreenfield.com.

My Ford ESP plans have been honored several times, no questions asked, in FL. Service depts don't care how you got them; just that they are in the system.
Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
...I guess my only question would be why not just wait until Ford's basic new car warranty (which covers almost everything the powertrain warranty doesn't) runs out to make the purchase, since it looks like the clock on the Premium Care ESP starts ticking right when you buy it, negating the basic coverage you already have?
Anyone have experience with this?
(Just to stay off the original topic a bit longer): I do have experience with this, several times over. Price of the extended service plan is contingent on the mileage of the car at the time of the plan's purchase, increasing every 15 or 20k miles. So If you buy it early, when your mileage is low, you'll pay less than you would a few years and 30-40k miles later, for the same coverage.