Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - ON TRACK (ANSWERED)

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
So....you have 0 information regarding what I specifically asked, nor do you have any 1st hand experience of your own. Just outdated information from years ago.

Once again, you are tasked;

For the three specific tires I gave you links to, show us where they state the precise temperatures not to use them below.

We'll all wait.
I'm just going to add you to my ignore list and move on because you're clearly just trolling us at this point.

The only "we" that's waiting is all the voices in your head. There's no sides dude, you're all alone over there.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Tell that to me when my car is sliding backwards down the slight hill in the parking lot. Or the merest whiff of throttle and smidge of clutch lights up the tires and I go nowhere or starts to swing the ass around. I eventually had to resort to using just clutch and relying on the anti-stall ECU feature to get rolling.

But sure, I bow to your superior skills and finely-honed Detroit sensibilities. :)
Dude.....yes, if the roads are literally icy, that's one thing. Deep snow or ice aren't for summer tires. That's been stated multiple times. And if your car is "sliding backwards down the slightest hill in the parking lot", that's not "33F & 1/8" of snow", that's sheet ice. And it wouldn't matter what tires you had on your car.

Cold temps alone aren't a problem.

Last edited:

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Tell that to me when my car is sliding backwards down the slight hill in the parking lot. Or the merest whiff of throttle and smidge of clutch lights up the tires and I go nowhere or starts to swing the ass around. I eventually had to resort to using just clutch and relying on the anti-stall ECU feature to get rolling.

But sure, I bow to your superior skills and finely-honed Detroit sensibilities. :)
And no I won't sell you any of my collection of winter or UHP A/S tires and instead just chuck the pile of PS4S at your head. :) Besties?
Dude… come on, that’s obviously because you just have no idea how to handle a car. Summer tires are called summer for a reason! Obviously it’s because they’re meant to be used in the middle of winter in sub-freezing conditions! Only an idiot wouldn’t be able to figure that out. In fact, the manufacturer website actually does state to change from summer over to winter or at least all season tires when the temperatures are going to be below freezing, and there is countless information online about why summer tires in cold temps are a terrible idea, but it’s all nonsense! Summer tires were specifically made for the winter and cold temperatures, and MUST be used in such conditions. Anyone who even remotely considers all season tires or snow tires for cold temps and snowy weather seriously needs their head checked out.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I get what your saying but there is a pretty large difference between Wisconsin and Georgia in regards to temp and weather.
Oh yes!

I did live in south eastern Tn, Chattanooga area. In winter there are many days of temps below freezing and occasional snow fall. Mostly got freezing rain.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
And if your car is "sliding backwards down the slightest hill in the parking lot", that's not "33F & 1/8" of snow", that's sheet ice. And it wouldn't matter what tires you had on your car.
My studded Hakka tires would like a word with you.

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
I am a new guy on this site. Threads like this make me want to search for a new mustang site. King Kong give him your 10 cents in one single post and move on. How many times do you need to drill everyone ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am a new guy on this site. Threads like this make me want to search for a new mustang site.
there this nifty button called "ignore" if you hover your mouse over the username. :)
That's if you're not afraid to miss out on future pronouncements of wisdom.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
It's only in the teens in the Morning's I admit. Wrong or right, I can weave around information. I don't have the money which means "luxury,” Simple wrong wording. But still it doesn't get above 45 durning thoes month for most days.
Depending on what your finances are and your ability to pay, there are other options to make purchases for tires. You can go the route of "Lease-to-Own" which is always a viable alternative for consumers to get what they want right now and pay for it later. There is Progressive Leasing and Snap Finance, which is what we offer. I personally have gone this route several times to purchase wheels/tires using the standard lease agreement of 12 months to ownership purchase option. It's simple and affordable, with no credit needed, and there's a quick application process with flexible payment options. I say all of this to say that there are some options out there I stop short of telling folks how to live their lives, I'm just passing along the information whether you know or not. If you need any help with anything, Please feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to help you.

Take Care and Have A Great Weekend.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I am a new guy on this site. Threads like this make me want to search for a new mustang site. King Kong give him your 10 cents in one single post and move on. How many times do you need to drill everyone ?
Welcome, Greg! It's always a pleasure having the opportunity to engage with new members of the Mustang community. I hope you find your way and can meet others like yourself and enjoy the true purpose of the forum, to share info and brainstorm collectively. Again, I'd like to send a warm Welcome My Friend.

Take Care and Be Safe.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just because you don't like the facts being provided, doesn't mean someone is trolling.

You can join in if you want;

For the three specific tires I gave links to, show us where they state the precise temperatures not to use them below.

We'll all wait.
Do not use, roll, or drop MICHELIN UHP Sport Summer tires with temperatures below 20°F (-7°C). If the tires have been cooled to 20°F (-7°C) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40°F (5°C) before being installed or moving a vehicle on which they are installed.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Summer tires were specifically made for the winter and cold temperatures, and MUST be used in such conditions. Anyone who even remotely considers all season tires or snow tires for cold temps and snowy weather seriously needs their head checked out.
Interesting fact is that in wet the stopping distance on a Summer tire is less than the stopping distance on a Winter tire by 16 meters. This info straight from the Goodyear brand ambassador in my country. Ether way once it get's freezing you better not be on the Summer tires.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I kind of feel like the OP asked a question but he didn't really want the answer. Yes you can run any tire you want on track, but it's a lot better to run a summer tire. If you don't want two sets of tires, be prepared to have issues on that track day and you may have to replace your one set of tires.

Living in a cold area, I have two sets of tires for any sporty car that I might drive year round. I won't drive in winter without snow tires. You can get by, but it's not fun to drive a car on tires that don't grip well. All seasons aren't good enough. They just suck on ice and snow compared to a dedicated snow tire. All seasons aren't very good in the summer, either.

That's why I would encourage the OP to consider summer tires. Even for street driving it's a lot more fun with a decent set of tires. All seasons just aren't very fun to drive on, especially with a big heavy car like a Mustang.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I live in Florida,
I spent a few years in Bonita, still have family in Ponta Vedra and Tampa.

If I still lived there I would use summers year round. I'd just be late to work a few days a year waiting for it to warm up.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So then....you have 0 idea of what you're talking about.

Got it.

Tell ya what......here's links to the manufacturer's pages for all three tires. Please find where they state what temps not use their tires below.
Ok, you asked, I'll show. Direct off the Michelin website you posted a link to. On their tire and tips section regarding the different seasonal type of tires:

2. Summer:
These tires are primarily designed for high-performance vehicles and provide optimized dry and wet performance levels in a temperate environment. Summer tires are designed for year round usage but should not be used during the winter season where temperatures are colder and approach freezing consistently as their performance would be less than optimal.
Sponsored