Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - ON TRACK (ANSWERED)

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
You're asking for information. I'm trying to help you, but you're fighting the facts. Such as, it's not in the teens in Georgia for 2 months.

I driver in a colder climate than you, and use the Micheline MPS4 tires all year round. It's perfectly fine.

View attachment 743879
This entire winter it was 10-15 for almost 2 months in the morning How are you going to tell me "facts" when you don't live in this state. I've lived here for 20 years. I know this weather. I can say the same thing about Virginia not getting into the 10s by a google search. This thread wasn't about the weather to begin with. I don't need another set of tires for "open track days" right now. Simply was just asking if they would be good for just like 1 day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This entire winter it was 10-15 for almost 2 months. How are you going to tell me "facts" when you don't live in this state. I've lived here for 20 years. I know this weather. I can say the same thing about Virginia not getting into the 10s by a google search. This thread wasn't about the weather to begin with.
You're asking about what tires you should buy, basing your decision on the weather. You said it was too cold in Georgia for Max Performance Summer tires. Now you're trying to say the thread isn't about the weather.

What's worse is, for whatever reason, you're lying about the weather. Saying it was 10-15 degrees for almost 2 months.

Well, here's January in Atlanta (which is the coldest month), and you're completely wrong.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/monthly/us/ga/atlanta/KATL/date/2023-1

And in fact, it never got below 29 degrees all of January in Atlanta Georgia. Of course, I can be more accurate if you give me your zip-code.

How can we have a discussion to help you when you won't deal with realities that affect your purchase decisions?

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
You're asking about what tires you should buy, basing your decision on the weather. You said it was too cold in Georgia for Max Performance Summer tires. Now you're trying to say the thread isn't about the weather.

What's worse is, for whatever reason, you're lying about the weather. Saying it was 10-15 degrees for almost 2 months.

Well, here's January in Atlanta (which is the coldest month), and you're completely wrong.

And in fact, it never got below 29 degrees all of January in Atlanta Georgia. Of course, I can be more accurate if you give me your zip-code.

How can we have a discussion to help you when you won't deal with realities that affect your purchase decisions?
Bro, you're actually taking this too far. I never asked which tires I should buy and you can look back at the main post. It's not that serious. I also don't live in Atlanta and I'm not handing my zip out to someone to prove a point. Once you live here you can tell me what the weather looks like. You can't be calling random people on a post a "liar" when you don't have any "facts" to back it up. Once you live here please do come and see what the weather looks like.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Nah, it's like 2 months. I was only asking about the tires because on All-Seasons on track don't mix due to the heat.
10's for 2 months? In Georgia? Who TF are you kidding bro. 🤣

Georgia is the 6th state in the US to receive the least snow. The northern part of the state receives about 3 inches of snow every year, whereas the southern & central region receives less than an inch of snow.

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
10's for 2 months? In Georgia? Who TF are you kidding bro. 🤣

January is the coldest month in the United States' Atlanta with an average low temperature of around 34°F and while snow isn't unheard of, it's highly unlikely.

Georgia is the 6th state in the US to receive the least snow. The northern part of the state receives about 3 inches of snow every year, whereas the southern & central region receives less than an inch of snow.
Nah not you too. I never said it was in the 10s for the whole day, did I? It's not that serious

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Bro, you're actually taking this too far. I never asked which tires I should buy and you can look back at the main post. It's not that serious. I also don't live in Atlanta and I'm not handing my zip out to someone to prove a point. Once you live here you can tell me what the weather looks like. You can't be calling random people on a post a "liar" when you don't have any "facts" to back it up. Once you live here please do come and see what the weather looks like.
Give me your zip code, I'll give you the facts.

Nah not you too. I never said it was in the 10s for the whole day, did I?
No, you said it was in the teens (NOT tens) for two whole months.

Two.

...I don’t have the luxury of buying Summer tires because of the weather....
Yes, this thread was all about the weather. Right from the get-go. From the start.

Trying to help you enjoy your track days.

Last edited:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Man if I was in GA I'd already have bought summer tires for my new wheels. In NJ we have 12 weeks consistently under 45. When I asked Continental about using the ECS here, even if I didn't drive the car, they said I'd need to jack the car up or bring the tires inside where they'd be warmer.

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Nah not you too. I never said it was in the 10s for the whole day, did I? It's not that serious

Two.

Yes, this thread was all about the weather. Right from the get-go. From the start.

Two.

It's only in the teens in the Morning's I admit. Wrong or right, I can weave around information. I don't have the money which means "luxury,” Simple wrong wording. But still it doesn't get above 45 durning thoes month for most days.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's only in the teens in the Morning's I admit. Wrong or right, I can weave around information. I don't have the money which means "luxury,” Simple wrong wording. But still it doesn't get above 45 durning thoes month for most days.
I drive on them all year long, in colder conditions than yours. And I have for several years now. In temperatures in the teens and even 0 degrees a day or two.

It's perfectly fine.

Look.......if you can't afford tires, you can't afford track days. You WILL burn through your tires and brakes. Plus, you have to buy special track-day insurance. Your regular insurance won't cover damage at the track.

Sponsored
OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I drive on them all year long, in colder conditions than yours. And I have for several years now. In temperatures in the teens and even 0 degrees a day or two.

It's perfectly fine.

Look.......if you can't afford tires, you can't afford track days. You WILL burn through your tires and brakes. Plus, you have to buy special track-day insurance. Your regular insurance won't cover damage at the track.

If the cost of tires are a thing, you can't afford track days with your Mustang, because there are a lot of other costs.
I understand all those costs. Those aren’t a problem. I was just concerned about the Tires. It’s not like I’m broke I just don’t want to be spending 1.5K on another set of tires for open track days that I would only use maybe 3 times. Gear and insurance is the cheap part considering Bell makes cheap cost helmet and hans devices are cheap. I’ll just stick with karting for now and leave my car for daily driving. Didn’t mean to cause a huge fight over simple wrong wording.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

It's perfectly fine.
Looks like the one who can't afford cold weather tires is you and not OP. It's not a great idea to run UHP Summer tires in temps under 50F because they got very hard and not working well after you stress them which mean that they are ruined. Also is extremely dangerous to drive in such cold weather because of things like black ice and not reaching working temperatures for the tires. Please when you don't understand why and how tires work don't give bad advice.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Looks like the one who can't afford cold weather tires is you and not OP. It's not a great idea to run UHP Summer tires in temps under 50F because they got very hard and not working well after you stress them which mean that they are ruined. Also is extremely dangerous to drive in such cold weather because of things like black ice and not reaching working temperatures for the tires. Please when you don't understand why and how tires work don't give bad advice.
Completely false. An Old Wive's tale.

I've driven on MPSO tires for a decade, it's perfectly fine. They're not "ruined" by driving on them when it's cold. If that were true, my tires would be "ruined" dozens of times over.

No, they're not for snow & ice, but that's not the discussion.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP

Let it go. It wasn't those Temps for months unless he uses Celsius. As 55* f. Is about 12 Celsius.

Driv3n to Dr1ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 6 speed manual
Hey guys, So I have some upcoming open track days where I live and I don’t have the luxury meaning "money" of buying Summer. I was wondering if anyone knows how good the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4’s would be on track. I also run a 275/40/19 square setup. When I’m talking about track I mean a full circuit not a drag strip.
I doubt a lot of these responses are helpful lol, I’ve run 3 track days (circuit) with the pilot sport all season 4’s on my 2015 GT. Lateral grip is amazing for an all season, and I keep pace with vehicles running summer tires. The AS4 is versatile for daily duty since it lasts long, and handles rain very well. Snow is fine in a pinch, but I just work from home for the 5 days it sticks. I run 275 rear and 245 fronts on 9.5 inch RPF1’s.
Now there are decent summer tires that could be more optimal, and not sacrifice road manners much (Michelin pilot sport 4s). I’ll probably buy some for my next set, but the AS4’s have been great for the year I’ve had them.
Sponsored