Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - ON TRACK (ANSWERED)

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hey guys, So I have some upcoming open track days where I live and I don’t have the luxury meaning "money" of buying Summer. I was wondering if anyone knows how good the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4’s would be on track. I also run a 275/40/19 square setup. When I’m talking about track I mean a full circuit not a drag strip.

Edit: I also want to add I already have these tires on the car, simply was asking about them being on track used on track. Also removed wording that confused many people about weather and summer tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Lots of snow in your area?

If you want to track the car, it would be recommended to buy a 2nd set of wheels and tires with more track-focused rubber.

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Last edited:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
But no snow? That makes no sense. Where do you live?
Georgia, the winter's get down to the 10s and I don't want 2 set of tires

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Oh...yeah.....really cold temperatures. :cwl: :cwl:

Look.....I DD my car with the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S tires, and it's not a problem. Just go ahead and get some MPS tires.

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Oh...yeah.....really cold temperatures. :cwl: :cwl:

Look.....I DD my car with the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S tires, and it's not a problem. Just go ahead and get some MPS tires.
Winter month's get into the 10s. I don't need MP4S. This is my second s550 and I know these tires the best being Michelin and I won't have to worry about the wear. Summer tire's and the 10s don't mix well.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Winter month's get into the 10s. I don't need MP4S. This is my second s550 and I know these tires the best being Michelin and I won't have to worry about the wear. Summer tire's and the 10s don't mix well.
Your winter is milder than mine, it's warmer there. I DD my car, it's perfectly fine.

You get into the tens maybe a few days a year, at worst.

Sponsored
OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your winter is milder than mine, it's warmer there. I DD my car, it's perfectly fine.

You get into the tens maybe a few days a year, at worst.
Nah, it's like 2 months. I was only asking about the tires because on All-Seasons on track don't mix due to the heat.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, So I have some upcoming open track days where I live and I don’t have the luxury of buying Summer tires because of the weather. I was wondering if anyone knows how good the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4’s would be on track. I also run a 275/40/19 square setup. When I’m talking about track I mean a full circuit not a drag strip.
I ran Mich Pilot Spot A/S3+ tires my first time on track (VIR). They worked, but the only reason they worked was because I was so “green”. I had outgrown them by the end of the weekend. If this is your first track day experience it might be fine but I would not do it as a practice.

OP
OP
avs3162

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Bro, it's not that big 😂. I live here. I know the weather.
You're asking for information. I'm trying to help you, but you're fighting the facts. Such as, it's not in the teens in Georgia for 2 months.

I driver in a colder climate than you, and use the Michelin PILOT SPORT 4S tires all year round. It's perfectly fine.

You could also look at CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT SPORT 02. Those are good tires too.
Sponsored

Last edited: