LTH~Doing what everyone said I would

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
So against the advice of everyone and their moms (literally, neighbors hate me) I installed Texas Speed LTH 1-7/8 catless, and a MBRP race series catback with 3" diameter piping. Story short, this thing is too damn loud. I'm looking to quiet it down. I have the stock H pipe, and mufflers in my garage. My question is which piping do you guys feel would give the car a deeper (less raspy) tone? From what I could find on youtube the factory resonator seems to give the car a better tone then the mufflers when running longtubes. I still want the car loud so I'm not open to putting both the factory res/mufflers on. It'd be one or the other. Just looking to tame the car. Leaving Longtubes on as the car is tuned and I'm not wanting to lose the HP gains from it. Thanks in advanced!!! (P.S. The catback from MBRP is an H pipe w custom Mufflers w built in muffler to reduce drone).
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
How about some active exhaust? Works really well to get quiet and loud.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'm anxious to hear mine turn on for the 1st time. Can't be any louder than my last car. Will be bypassing the active exhaust

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You could try a quieter axle back system such as the AWE Touring. The catback version comes with an H pipe so the axle back will compliment your existing h pipe. It has a great tone to it and won’t drone either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
You could try a quieter axle back system such as the AWE Touring. The catback version comes with an H pipe so the axle back will compliment your existing h pipe. It has a great tone to it and won’t drone either.
Thanks for the advice! I'll look for some sound clips.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the advice! I'll look for some sound clips.
My setup is catted LTH, Ford Racing resonator, super 44's

I know thats not the style of this era mustang but i get compliments on it all the time, even from LS guys and the state cop who pulled me over lol

I posted a sound clip before I changed the resonator, and it was ok. With the better sound of the ford racing resonator, my car sounds like an old school 427 ac cobra, and not a blatting irritating nuisance. I leave my house everyday at 0345, my neighbors hear me, but dont hate me. I pulled up to a buddies yesterday, and he didnt hear me roll in. When I want it to be heard, IM HEARD

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Contact mbrp and see if you can purchase the muffler part of street catback version should be a direct fit from your race catback and you could switch back and forth depending on your mood
Sponsored