Super Snake

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
What do y’all think about the Shelby Super Snake? I have a chance to buy a new 2022 Wide Body at MSRP (roughly $165k-ish). Base car just out of production and on the way to Shelby American. Grabber Blue. (Pics for attention)

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Super-Snake-2021
E33FAD60-2035-41FD-A868-F6B9EDE47E2F.jpeg
BC29FA06-96F7-46AF-BD8A-8DB127D818A7.jpeg
FD592FC6-2BD8-4CB3-973C-425FC751B46B.jpeg
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Some really like them. There’s a few members that have them. I prefer these cars with the oem body’s, think Ford did a great job on the styling. I’ve always been curious how the wide body’s actually drive and handle compared to stock. If it hurts the original balance these cars are known for. Regardless of all that, its your money, and you should buy whatever you want and what makes you happy.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous!

Only reservation I would have is the tranny. Is it the MT82 or do they swap in a Tremec?

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I personally think they look great. Have not seen one in grabber blue yet! If you can afford it I say go for it!

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I personally think they look great. Have not seen one in grabber blue yet! If you can afford it I say go for it!
Agreed, I'm a big fan of the look, especially with the widebody.

Some really like them. There’s a few members that have them. I prefer these cars with the oem body’s, think Ford did a great job on the styling. I’ve always been curious how the wide body’s actually drive and handle compared to stock. If it hurts the original balance these cars are known for. Regardless of all that, its your money, and you should buy whatever you want and what makes you happy.
I'm seriously considering it. Been on the fence. Would be a good garage mate to the GT500. Even better companions on the street!

Gorgeous!

Only reservation I would have is the tranny. Is it the MT82 or do they swap in a Tremec?
Good point....they keep the stock transmission. The one I could get has the 6 speed manual.

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I like the look of the super snake, just as much as the GT500. Having one and the opportunity to get the other one as well would be hard for me for the fact that i would have to choose which to drive on any given day. But some might think thats a great problem to have. LOL

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I like the look of the super snake, just as much as the GT500. Having one and the opportunity to get the other one as well would be hard for me for the fact that i would have to choose which to drive on any given day. But some might think thats a great problem to have. LOL
Well….I’ve certainly made worse decisions in the past, and I get frequent reminders...:headbang::headbang::headbang:

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
If you can afford it, go for it 🤙 the wide body ones are pretty awesome looking.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've been to several Nor Cal Shelby (SAAC) track events and there's always representation from Shelby American there. The cars on display have an amazing presence. You can't miss them.

Widebody on the right. Better shots in the vid.
IMG_2852.jpg

Last edited:

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Yeah, the wide body looks really good. Wouldn’t do it without that.
I want to send mine in for the conversion, but last I heard from SA was that it would be a decent wait period. So if you can go for it with the initial package, absolutely do it! 🤙

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I want to send mine in for the conversion, but last I heard from SA was that it would be a decent wait period. So if you can go for it with the initial package, absolutely do it! 🤙
Supposedly it's like a 2 year backlog on the widebody, which gives me a little too much uncertainty. I'll probably call and see if that's real or not. Might be different if it's a "sold" vehicle that already has a buyer once complete.

I've been to several Nor Cal Shelby (SAAC) track events and there's always representation from Shelby American there. The cars on display have an amazing presence. You can't miss them.

Widebody on the right. Better shots in the vid.
IMG_2852.jpg

That would be a great event. I'll have to go sometime.
Sponsored