Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If it was "missing" (meaning it wasn't lit up), then that means your headlights were off. That's the whole purpose of the indicator light, so you can tell if the headlights are on or off when you can't tell by looking out the windshield. Another way to know is to look at the symbology on the light switch, but looking for the dash light is easier.
Jesus....there's some miscommunication/misunderstanding here.

I wrote that I missed the icon in the tachometer. Yes, it was there, but I missed it.

I was looking for my dash lights to come on to tell me my headlights were on, but they wouldn't because there was too much ambient light. I was rotating that stupid light knob all around, and the dash-lights weren't coming on.

I had no way of knowing if my head & tail lights were on, because I've never paid any attention to that stupid light icon on the tachometer.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Jesus....there's some miscommunication/misunderstanding here.

I wrote that I missed the icon in the tachometer. Yes, it was there, but I missed it.

I was looking for my dash lights to come on to tell me my headlights were on, but they wouldn't because there was too much ambient light. I was rotating that stupid light knob all around, and the dash-lights weren't coming on.

I had no way of knowing if my head & tail lights were on, because I've never paid any attention to that stupid light icon on the tachometer.
I used "missing" in quotes for a reason, (go read it again, especially the part in parenthesis after "missing") because it wasn't really physically missing. Instead, you missed to understand the functionality of the indicator light. It's really not complicated. If the indicator light is off (ie, "missing" in your terms) then the lights are off.

Last edited:

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I got me some rubber put on my winter stock wheels today. Some all season lexani 255/40-19's. So when the weather breaks bad i got them to swap out with my current 20's

Sponsored

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry you didn't mention the other tires have dropped pressure also due to temp changes. That little tidbit will make a big difference in the responses. I agree pull that sucker out and see what happens.
I'm probably stating the obvious, but don't pull it out at home. Pull it out in a close-in parking space in the parking lot of your chosen tire dealer during its business hours. That way, you don't have to figure out how to limp to the dealer if it does deflate when you pull it out.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I used "missing" in quotes for a reason, (go read it again, especially the part in parenthesis after "missing") because it wasn't really physically missing. Instead, you missed to understand the functionality of the indicator light. It's really not complicated. If the indicator light is off (ie, "missing" in your terms) then the lights are off.
No, you're still confused.

Doesn't matter.....the lighting systems on these cars is retarded, and that's what does matter. So let's let it go.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you're still confused.

Doesn't matter.....the lighting systems on these cars is retarded, and that's what does matter. So let's let it go.
How am I confused? The light is there and works (you said it does), but you failed to understand how it works. It's really not retarded, it's pretty simple on how it works and the reason it's on the dash. It might be easier for some people to learn the symbology and lights switch position settings/symbology instead of looking at the dash for indicator lights. Better than getting out of the vehicle to look at the headlights to see if they are on, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How am I confused? The light is there and works (you said it does), but you failed to understand how it works. It's really not retarded, it's pretty simple on how it works and the reason it's on the dash. It might be easier for some people to learn the symbology and lights switch position settings/symbology instead of looking at the dash for indicator lights. Better than getting out of the vehicle to look at the headlights to see if they are on, lol.
No, I did not fail to understand how it works. I didn't know that stupid light icon existed at all. Never noticed it.

Yes, the system is retarded. There's no need for any dash symbol if the system worked like normal light systems. Which, based on your confusion, you've never had in a vehicle.

Hint; with normal systems, there's not need to get out of the vehicle to look at the headlights. You know damn well if they're on.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I did not fail to understand how it works. I didn't know that stupid light icon existed at all. Never noticed it.
Then you don't know how it works if you didn't even notice or understand why the indicator light is there.

Yes, the system is retarded. There's no need for any dash symbol if the system worked like normal light systems. Which, based on your confusion, you've never had in a vehicle.
I've had plenty of vehicles that don't have auto headlights or an indicator on the dash that the headlights are on. In that case, you have to know what light switch setting does what on the vehicle and confirm what setting the lights are on.

Hint; with normal systems, there's not need to get out of the vehicle to look at the headlights. You know damn well if they're on.
How do you know they are on with a "normal system" in the daytime (or in the fog or rain during the daytime) if you don't look at the switch symbology or get out and look at the headlights?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Then you don't know how it works if you didn't even notice or understand why the indicator light is there.
You're being deliberately obtuse. Not understanding something is totally different than not knowing something exists.

I've had plenty of vehicles that don't have auto headlights or an indicator on the dash that the headlights are on. In that case, you have to know what light switch setting does what on the vehicle and confirm what setting the lights are on.
No, you do not. And this is your cognitive failure.

How do you know they are on with a "normal system" in the daytime (or in the fog or rain during the daytime) if you don't look at the switch symbology or get out and look at the headlights?
Because with a regular system, the night-time dash-lights come on when you turn the headlights on.

Really man, take a step back. Deep breath. Let it go, it's not sinking in.