Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I start the storage season by doing a deep clean/purge of my garage, getting rid of any food sources or hide spots before it gets cold. I also look for any holes/entry spots and plug them. After that, I'll place mint bags around the jackstands, exhaust pipes, and one in the car.

I'm still active in my garage throughout winter, so I'll occasionally check for signs of mice as well.

If the little things (silver rings) bother you :

1667804634504.jpeg

1667804668411.jpeg

WD :like:
Did you paint them?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You mean other than you?
Yeah, not gonna lie, don't enjoy gimmicks in cars, but gotta say, the MyColor is pretty sweet with the digital dash.
My newest favorite color combo is pink for Primary and Ambient and Ice Blue for Secondary. Looks really good. You have to create the pink in the MyColor. Don't judge me, it looks good! :crackup:

replaced the front brake pads.
I see you got a PP1. How difficult was it and how much are pads, roughly?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like he put a correctly sized o-ring back there but I suppose I could be wrong
Yeah that's right - I was going to respond with the correct size when I got home, but I didn't want you thinking I was being ignorant ignoring you both :giggle:

I bought a bag as they were proportionally cheaper and I expected them to be a consumable, but the first set has been on near two years now and they still look like new ... :like:

They haven't budged or degraded.

Fit the wheel nuts as normal, push the o ring down the bore, remove the nut as normal. The o ring sits on the flat face of the nut and doesn't get in the way - it comes out of the bore with the nut.

I simply wiped them over with 303 before fitting them (and on every refit).

I know gorillas are favoured on here, but I believe McMard's have a tougher coating that stands up to abuse and corrosion a little better then the gorilla's.

Considerably cheaper to buy in the UK when compared to the gorilla's too ... :wink:

The only downside is the visible silver ring on Ford standard black wheels (but its only seen if you get down low) - the nut still contacts the full taper i.e. its not small compromising the clamped area when compared to some other alternatives :like:

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah that's right - I was going to respond with the correct size when I got home, but I didn't want you thinking I was being ignorant ignoring you both :giggle:

I bought a bag as they were proportionally cheaper and I expected them to be a consumable, but the first set has been on near two years now and they still look like new ... :like:

Fit the wheel nuts as normal, push the o ring down the bore, remove the nut as normal. The o ring sits on the flat face of the nut and doesn't get in the way - it comes out of the bore with the nut.

I know gorillas are favoured on here, but I believe McMard's have a tougher coating that stands up to abuse and corrosion a little better then the gorilla's.

Considerably cheaper to buy in the UK when compared to the gorilla's too ... :wink:

The only downside is the visible silver ring on Ford standard black wheels (but its only seen if you get down low) - the nut still contacts the full taper i.e. its not small compromising the clamped area when compared to some other alternatives :like:

It's all good, I have one of those multipack cases of all sorts of o-ring sizes, although listing the exact size you used would still probably help someone out in the future.

The proper cone seat size is why I wanted the McGards for my OEM wheels. The Gorillas I have for my SVE wheels worked good with the smaller taper on those, but were woefully inadequate for the stockers in my opinion.

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
While we are on the subject of lug nuts. I installed some Gorillas one the wife's car. An early Christmas present. Just wonder how long it will take her to notice. Also have a set of Steeda irs braces in my trunk for hers as well.
20221106_092522.jpg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Not S550 related at all, but I just recovered some long lost pics of my first drive coast to coast.

My trusty Lexus LS430 going too far up a tree hauling road in NoCal:
1667722771698.png

Somewhere in OR I think. PCH:
1667722799130.png

Cars my uncle was building and had built; at his local hanger. He built a lot of planes too.
550 Spider has a flat six vs the standard 4cyl.
1667722839679.png

Another project:
1667723146372.png

Rebuilt bike and one of his planes:
1667723191091.png

He used to race professionally decades ago. Sadly these pics where taken around 2015 , its nearly all been sold off now. He's pretty deep into his 80s. Just can't control them anymore.

It's sad. Yet I'm so happy to have recovered these pics again!

Shot on my very old Nikon.
good to keep the memories alive and pass them on....

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
I see you got a PP1. How difficult was it and how much are pads, roughly?
very easy. there are two pins to tap out and 13mm bolt that fastens a center pin. compress the pistons (i used c clamps on the worn pad ears). a little brake solvent. a little high temp copper grease on the shims.
FR3Z2001N. i paid just under $200.

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Washed it this morning. 71F and sunny at 8am! November in Jersey! Crazy weather but I know what type of cold weather is coming in next few weeks.

BA24F5DD-3F5C-4687-A572-45B7A56E28DC.jpeg

1DF6C42C-C772-47C2-AFED-6E1905386E30.jpeg

Sponsored

Elanore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Gt
Installed Steeda Cold Air Intake on my 2022 GT, Had to delete the Sound tube to get it in anybody else delete there sound tube if so any issues ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got a set of McGard lug nuts since my Ford Performance ones are already beat to shit after like two services, lol. Same crappy pressed on cap design. McGard ones are much nicer, and seem to be pretty durable. One of the packages ripped open suddenly and they bounced all over my concrete driveway and sustained basically zero damage, so that's a good sign.

20221105_122514.jpg

20221106_170807.jpg
If the little things (silver rings) bother you :

1667804634504.jpeg

1667804668411.jpeg

Did you paint them?
Looks like he put a correctly sized o-ring back there but I suppose I could be wrong

It's all good, I have one of those multipack cases of all sorts of o-ring sizes, although listing the exact size you used would still probably help someone out in the future.

The proper cone seat size is why I wanted the McGards for my OEM wheels. The Gorillas I have for my SVE wheels worked good with the smaller taper on those, but were woefully inadequate for the stockers in my opinion.
Although my car is still with Ford, I swapped the rear nuts out before it went in so I’ve just been out the the garage and snapped a few photos for you :

1667861369934.jpeg

1667861398479.jpeg

1667861419750.jpeg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
@KingKona and @EmCel and Brittany did a drive thru Shenandoah National Forest by way of Skyline Drive. The leaves were way past their prime but I hadn't been up there in quite a while. Here's a couple shots. The fog was so thick (WAY worse than photo, couldn't even see car or trees on far side of road) we couldn't see even 100 ft.

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

after 1st bath off transporter.

2022-11-03 11.38.10.jpg
It was a beautiful drive. The fog got so thick, there was about 2-3 car-lengths of visibility. I had no idea my lights weren't on....gotta read the manual about turning them on manually.

2022-11-06 fd 003.jpg

2022-11-06 fd 005.jpg

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
Installed Roush X and mid pipes with FP Borla Extreme axlebacks

20221108_094302.jpg
Sponsored