2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I got the built email today... Blend was 7/28, Build 7/29.
Per the email should be at Granger 8/7-13. Road trip to Iowa coming soon!!

:like: :clap:
Who ever gets there first, post pictures of all of them! Mine is due by 8/10 but I won't be there until 8/24. šŸŽ
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
You know, I can understand why people feel the way they do about dealerships. When I was in high school 45 years ago one of my former middle school teachers who had been teaching for several decades, spoke to our personal finance class. He had retired from teaching early and had become a rather successful salesman at the local Chevy dealership. If it wasn't for him sharing how the dealership system worked I'm sure I, as well as many folks that I have helped negotiate for, would have paid thousands upon thousands more for their cars over the years. That being said, I feel that with a little bit of research and comparison shopping one can more often than not be rewarded with numbers below any set median pricing that robotic order taking may provide. I do feel for the good dealerships and appreciate the tough times they they have had to endure since the various Covid/Biden variables have been in play. I would hate to see them reduced to glorified used car lots and maintenance facilities since I do believe they provide a lot of local employment opportunities. But hey, I'm sure they can all be retrained to be coders...
Interesting when I cancelled my second Mach 1 order earlier this month, Koons tried hard to convince me to sell my car and buy the one I ordered through them. This was after they refused to sell it to CoastalMach for MSRP. I figured they would be thrilled to sell it with ADM, but they really wanted me to buy it. Might have something to do with the high number of fake customer orders through Koons.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Interesting when I cancelled my second Mach 1 order earlier this month, Koons tried hard to convince me to sell my car and buy the one I ordered through them. This was after they refused to sell it to CoastalMach for MSRP. I figured they would be thrilled to sell it with ADM, but they really wanted me to buy it. Might have something to do with the high number of fake customer orders through Koons.
Absolutely. It also has to do with the take-rate, which someone mentioned above, I believe. If a customer does not take delivery of their ordered vehicle, it is a ding to their ā€œrecord,ā€ if you will. When a friend of mine refused a damaged ā€˜21 Mach 1, they refused to price match for an identical ā€˜22 in retribution. They insisted that they delivered a deliverable vehicle despite obvious paint and body damage. I would recommend avoiding them if you can.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang order book is NOT closed. Some dealers may be refusing orders on their own out of concern of being filled and having an outstanding queue.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
So why all of the sudden is hard to get a Mustang? Or is it only for Mach 1s?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Mach 1 handling packs are harder to get. A non handling pack Mach 1 has a better chance of being built and regular GT's are still being built after about 6-9 weeks or so. It all comes down to the parts that Ford has available.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Mach 1 handling packs are harder to get. A non handling pack Mach 1 has a better chance of being built and regular GT's are still being built after about 6-9 weeks or so. It all comes down to the parts that Ford has available.
Glad I got mine off the lotā€¦ I believe its a bit cheaper to make your own HPā€¦

Are mach 1 going over msrp at dealers ?

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
@JG M1 Have you received confirmation that your car is BUILT? Ford Performance told me that my EB is Produced with ETA to dealer here in Colorado 13-19 Aug, but no email from Ford and the web site still shows In Production. Hopefully Built and Shipped happens early this week!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Glad I got mine off the lotā€¦ I believe its a bit cheaper to make your own HPā€¦

Are mach 1 going over msrp at dealers ?
Yes, most of them are. Some have been successful in negotiating non handling pack ones down to sticker but most are a 5k or more markup.

Lesterg62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Yes, most of them are. Some have been successful in negotiating non handling pack ones down to sticker but most are a 5k or more markup.
I purchased mine off a lot figuring my order wouldnā€™t get built. And I still donā€™t have a build date. (Handling Pack). I ended up paying 2500 over down from 7500. It came down to it was the build I ordered. I rationalized it by I wanted the car and the dealers ADM are going higher as we get to October. Also being it was a neighbor state I didnā€™t have to ship it and I did the DMV on my on. Totall was probably 1500 over when all the nonsense my original dealer was adding on

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I purchased mine off a lot figuring my order wouldnā€™t get built. And I still donā€™t have a build date. (Handling Pack). I ended up paying 2500 over down from 7500. It came down to it was the build I ordered. I rationalized it by I wanted the car and the dealers ADM are going higher as we get to October. Also being it was a neighbor state I didnā€™t have to ship it and I did the DMV on my on. Totall was probably 1500 over when all the nonsense my original dealer was adding on
When it comes down to it, that's not horrible. If you're paying 5,000 to 10,000 over, that is when it hurts a lot. You did well and you got it which is what counts.

I complained lightly about paying the $63,640 MSRP last November and I look back at it now versus what everything is priced today and I'd say mine was "discounted".

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
@JG M1 Have you received confirmation that your car is BUILT? Ford Performance told me that my EB is Produced with ETA to dealer here in Colorado 13-19 Aug, but no email from Ford and the web site still shows In Production. Hopefully Built and Shipped happens early this week!
David, I sent an e-mail to Anthony at FP last week and he told me mine was produced and is waiting to be released from the plant for shipping. Estimated time to Granger is between Aug. 5-11. No official e-mail from Ford stating that. My link to Ford only says it was going into production and now it won't even let me see the window sticker!
I was waiting for the e-mail from Ford before I posted anything.

Hopefully our cars are on the way!

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
We are both getting the same info, so thatā€™s probably good. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž Produced and Awaiting Release for shipping. Hopefully weā€™ll both be happy soon!!!
David, I sent an e-mail to Anthony at FP last week and he told me mine was produced and is waiting to be released from the plant for shipping. Estimated time to Granger is between Aug. 5-11. No official e-mail from Ford stating that. My link to Ford only says it was going into production and now it won't even let me see the window sticker!
I was waiting for the e-mail from Ford before I posted anything.

Hopefully our cars are on the way!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Last week I went to 2 local Silicon Valley Ford Dealers and they had ZERO new Mustangs for sale between them.

On a different note, I checked my Tracking Status for the umteenth time, no change, but when I looked at my window sticker, the date at the bottom had changed to today, 7/31/2022. Every time that thing changes, something in my status changes the next day. Hoping for "SHIPPED"!

Last edited: