Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I was in a similar situation as a lot of people on this thread. I placed an order for a 22 GT500 from my local dealer I'm bought all my Fords from. I was the 3rd order they had taken and the Sales Manager (who's my neighbor) told me that for the 21-year model they were told they'd receive 13 allocations and they actually got 2. For the 22-year model, they supposedly have 11 allocations. I bet they only get 1. So to say there's a limited supply of these is an understatement!

Knowing my chances of having my order fulfilled was slim to none I set off trying to find a new 2021. So I went to Ford's website did the 100-mile inventory search and kept picking zip codes in populated areas in states nearby. Most of the time when I contacted dealers and they wouldn't budge on ADM was because they had purchased the car from another dealer for over MSRP. I was thinking to myself WTF! I literally had no argument though because my offer was below what they even paid for the car.

Long story short I did actually find one for a reasonable ADM of $1k. Granted it's missing one option I wanted, but it's one that's easy to add yourself and it's a 5-hour drive from where I live. So I'll be taking a plane and driving it back, but I was able to find a reasonable dealer willing to work with me and wasn't already upside down in the car.
Was in a similar situation. Just yesterday a dealership manager said Ford isn't giving out allocations this year. They take orders, put it in the system, and wait. That's about the 3rd or 4th different explanation I've heard so far from the "horse's mouth". Congrats on your find and purchase. Which option 1 option aren't you getting? What color did you want to order for 22 and which are you picking up. And if you don't mind, what's the future hold for that PP2 you modified?
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Free market!

You life doesn't depend on your getting the new car you want. For the price you want.

If the price is too high. Do not buy.

Some things in life were not meant to be.

One thing for sure. The car will not be cheaper in real dollars than it is now. Inflation is about to make that a reality.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
As someone who is waiting on a custom build and considering finding one on the lot just in case the chip shortage cost me a chance to own one.

I just can't believe these prices… Base levels going or at least listed for 15-20k over msrp.

Ford has to do something, ruining this experience for myself and others for sure. These cars are already out of most people budgets but add these prices its just wrong. I understand 2-5k but 10-20k….
I just paid 35000 for a 21 WRX that goes for 28000. I needed a awd car & my gt was stuck in the Ford stealer for 2 months partly the dealer mostly my insurance company. You know I was kicking myself for that. Now I don't give a Damm I just found out my melanoma has spread to my lung again. I'm sorry I didn't get a WRX STI in fact I might do that when the 22"s come out. This situation sucks used 20 WRX's were going for more than I paid for a new 21. Maybe I should sell both and get a 22 gt500.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just paid 35000 for a 21 WRX that goes for 28000. I needed a awd car & my gt was stuck in the Ford stealer for 2 months partly the dealer mostly my insurance company. You know I was kicking myself for that. Now I don't give a Damm I just found out my melanoma has spread to my lung again. I'm sorry I didn't get a WRX STI in fact I might do that when the 22"s come out. This situation sucks used 20 WRX's were going for more than I paid for a new 21. Maybe I should sell both and get a 22 gt500.
this was the most important thing you said. i'm sorry man. stay strong and beat it :please:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Thoughts and prayers
!!

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
This is not a free market. Literally not a free market where you have middleman who are the only ones allowed to interface with the manufacturer and the users can only talk to the middleman.

This market is pumped up because it’s not a free market otherwise the users wouldn’t have to whore themselves out to their nearest dealership.
"Whoring?"

It's simple. There are more cars than buyers.

The price then trends up until only the serious buyers are left in the market. When the cars sit on the lots, then the price will fall.

Cut out the dealer, deal directly with Ford at MSRP, and there's suddenly thousands of more buyers at that price, with the same number of cars. You won't get one, and the lucky buyer will just flip it in the used secondary market.

Do you honestly not understand this?

A free market does not mean that everyone gets one. And it certainly does not mean everyone gets one at the price they feel is right.

And you're also talking luxury cars, not food or medicine where it matters.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way George. 🙏🙏
Thank you so much I really feel like I'm a survivor I have to stay around to use these overpriced cars.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Puts things in perspective for sure.

Best to you. Beat this!

We've been through 3 cancer instances in my household in the last 2 years. Beat them all. You can too!

PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Was in a similar situation. Just yesterday a dealership manager said Ford isn't giving out allocations this year. They take orders, put it in the system, and wait. That's about the 3rd or 4th different explanation I've heard so far from the "horse's mouth". Congrats on your find and purchase. Which option 1 option aren't you getting? What color did you want to order for 22 and which are you picking up. And if you don't mind, what's the future hold for that PP2 you modified?
Doesn't have the handling package that I wanted. Luckily this is an option that's easy to buy the parts and install yourself. So of all the options, it was the least priority if the car had it.

I ordered a Grabber Blue 2022 and went with an Antimatter Blue on the 2021.

Sold my PP2 already. It didn't last a day by the time I put the word out that I was selling it.

PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery! 🙏🏻

Getting a 2022 would be awesome! For me personally what I was hearing about the availability of the 2022s is why I decided to grind finding a 2021.
Sponsored