Sponsored

Why does everyone else drive like a pos bc we have stangs?

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Ya, the 400 Pontiac with no oats (it is stock) with dynomax mufflers, sounds the part. But iirc the 200hp rating in a 4000+ lb car with 250ish rear gears just isn't fast.
Easy to fix if I wanted too. but Not going too.
As doing so, takes away from what it is, a cool car that you can jump into start it up and drive coast to coast without it beating you up.
Not to hijack the thread too much... mine is the W72 400 with 3.23 gears. Enough grunt to pull a house off its foundation, combined with 11 mpg @ 65 mph, and a speedy 15.4 sec 1/4 mile. What a difference in cars from the 70s to today. Oh, and when you are finishing the coast to coast drive from WA to NH... your back is begging for mercy. The massaging seats in my MKZ are a modern miracle. LOL
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not to hijack the thread too much... mine is the W72 400 with 3.23 gears. Enough grunt to pull a house off its foundation, combined with 11 mpg @ 65 mph, and a speedy 15.4 sec 1/4 mile. What a difference in cars from the 70s to today. Oh, and when you are finishing the coast to coast drive from WA to NH... your back is begging for mercy. The massaging seats in my MKZ are a modern miracle. LOL
Does every M6G member own one? I have a '78 WS6 W72, Fisher tops, Jack Nicholson Edition (hold the chicken). Factory kept trying to cancel my order due to shortages of the Fisher tops (larger, single release) instead of the Hurst tops in the movie. W72 wasn't an invoice code but reflected in the price for the WS6 which was $324 w/W72. Part of my invoice:

1641982830434.png

Last edited:

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Does every M6G member own one? I have a '78 WS6 W72, Fisher tops, Jack Nicholson Edition (hold the chicken). Factory kept trying to cancel my order due to shortages of the Fisher tops (larger, single release) instead of the Hurst tops in the movie. W72 wasn't an invoice code but reflected in the price for the WS6 which was $324 w/W72. Part of my invoice:

1641982830434.png

We have very similarly optioned TAs. Only differences, mine has no T-tops, W72 ($72 option) instead of WS6, and premium cloth interior instead of vinyl.

Ahh, longing for the days when you could order options/packages ala carte and NOT what the bean counters deemed acceptable to include in a package. For example, W72 was included in the WS6 package, but could be ordered separately.

Fast forward 40 years, my 2018 F-150... I wanted an XLT with Sport package in Blue Jean blue (deep blue)... Ford "no, no, hell no." If I ordered an STX in Blue jeans blue (same body accents as XLT Sport but with oh so many FEWER options than an XLT)... Ford "Yes, order it!". Ended up with a Shadow Black XLT Sport. LOL

Last edited:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Had a 2015ish orange and black charger r/t to keep running up on my butt (mind you i dont poke around and was in right hand lane) . Finally after probably 6 red lights he got beside me. I didn't even acknowledge him. He took off full throttle. I drove like normal. Spirited but not racing. As he left me his whole rear bumper was missing and tail pipe. He had to slam his brakes to avoid running through another red light then he tried to race me again. Fortunately a car turned out in front of him and he was forced to lag behind people. Idiots...

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

1641982830434.png
Small world. While I don't own one, an uncle has a '78 Y88 Gold SE with W72, WS6, and 4-speed, still all original with under 30K miles. He ordered and bought it new, and it is one of my earliest cool car memories as a kid seeing it for the first time.

DSC_3058-vi.jpg

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small world. While I don't own one, an uncle has a '78 Y88 Gold SE with W72, WS6, and 4-speed, still all original with under 30K miles. He ordered and bought it new, and it is one of my earliest cool car memories as a kid seeing it for the first time.

DSC_3058-vi.jpg
Seen one of these yesterday on a car lot that deals only older cars. Definitely not in that good of shape.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There must be something wrong with my GT because it has never attracted any attention at all. I like it that way. The "car culture" around here seems to be all about big pickups and high-end SUVs. Just seeing another car when I'm out driving is a novelty.

I think there must be something in the water. Even my own family members (son and son-in-law) who are die-hard performance car nuts, have switched to big SUVs. It's not like they needed them, either. They already had one.

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Some dickhead in a Challenger did the classic "I'm a dick in a challenger" move. I was coming up behind him and he speeds up and stays next to me I speed up - he speeds up - I slow down - he slows down. Same thing with another asshole in an old Lightning. These guys are going slow until I'm cruising along faster and they have to speed up and start shit.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hah, when I'm driving my wife's Prius, you should see all of the insecure rednecks in 3/4 ton trucks who get SO UPSET when a Prius passes them. Doesn't matter if I'm going 15mph faster than them, they get butthurt when they're passed by a Prius. I can be going above the speed limit, not even in the fast lane, and they whip around like they can't POSSIBLY be behind a Prius. I've done road trips with an 85mph *average* speed and it handles it great.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some dickhead in a Challenger did the classic "I'm a dick in a challenger" move. I was coming up behind him and he speeds up and stays next to me I speed up - he speeds up - I slow down - he slows down. Same thing with another asshole in an old Lightning. These guys are going slow until I'm cruising along faster and they have to speed up and start shit.
I have a-holes do this all the time no matter what they and I are driving. I call them hip riders that can't do their own speed.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Bmw drivers are literally the douchiest, worst people ever.
In my neck of the woods it's Dodges you have to worry about. I will do a quick run up the Freeway ramp and then settle down to about 80mph. When a Dodge Charger who can't judge speed just about rides up my ass before correcting.

Or the kid whose Dad bought him an 800hp Hellcat that only seems to be able to leave rubber tracks wherever he goes. Sees me way up in traffic and drives on the wrong side of the street to catch up so I see his incredible prowess :cwl:
:party:

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
There was another video of a Mustang crowd-surfing recently.

It's just embarrassing at this point.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
It's because regular people cars are no longer such slouches 0-80mph and they all know it and think they can give us a run for our money.

And with my manual tranny skills slowing me down, sometimes they might be right. 🤣

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Toyota Camry can do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, so you don't have to be in a 5.0 liter Mustang to be quick.
Sponsored