Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes the speaker wires are solidly connected. Also the sub has a high level switch and low level switch. Because it has speaker wire leads and RCA outputs. I cycled the switch just for the sake of checking and when switched to rca the sound stops, and when switched to speaker wire it does work as long as its in accessory mode. Ok guys i thank you all for your help in this matter. I think im gonna get rid of this set up and eventually go to a classic amp and separate sub with LOC and rca inputs. I just am at wits end trying to solve this on my own. I just get this suspicion its the amp in this ordeal.
Sorry we couldn't figure it out. We sure did try. Good luck and come back or create a new post about your new equipment. Just buy an amp that has high level inputs with signal sensing for turn-on. Simplifies everything.
Sponsored

MustangRVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vitaly
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang gt
guys i have a mustang gt 2021 with b & o but it sucks. who changed, what did you put, advise? Thank you

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
guys i have a mustang gt 2021 with b & o but it sucks. who changed, what did you put, advise? Thank you
I used a DSR1 to replace the amplifier and the AFO3 harness, the DSR1 is a pass through only into an AudioControl D.6.1200 which is where all the tuning is done and outputs to the speakers using the passive crossovers. Separate amp for the 12" sub at 600 watts. Ran new speaker wires to the A-pillars for dedicated tweeters since Ford wires them in with the door 3.5", had to modify the A-pillars, not a big deal as I have no plans to return it to factory. Using Focal 3 Way performance up front and coaxial in the rear deck. Sounds phenomenal. I did not hook up the center channel speaker, it ruins the balance and there is no need for it. All chimes, warnings and factory head unit fading L/R/F/R, steering wheel controls all work just like before.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Its fuse 23.. Thanks for the input. Well after i got home i used the multimeter at the battery and the sub. The power is there. The battery was in fact new. So im at a loss. I have a good power source read 12v and both ends with the car off. Read 15v at both ends with the battery on, and light flickering at the sub. So there was no loss in power. Read my speaker signal and was reading 7v with the car on and 6v with car off. Was getting 0 at the remote wire with the car off, and was getting 15v with the car on and flickering at the sub. At this point im almost chalking it up to my sub and amp must be shit...
I’ve just come back to the fold with a “new” 2016 Mustang GT Base. When I was here before I had a (truly) new 2017 Mustang GT Deluxe (400a - Shaker without a factory sub). Anyway, I tried to add the factory sub to that car along with finding a factory Shaker amp (mounts above the front left kick panel) from a 401a car to obtain the internal circuitry for the sub that is left out of the same-looking amp for a non-sub car. No matter what I did - and I know how to use Forscan - I never could get the “new” amp to send a turn on signal to the sub/amp in the trunk. I finally spliced in and wired an LCI2 to do the job driving the factory sub amp/sub. It worked but I never did figure out just why my “new” amp wasn’t sending the signal. The part number was correct for the amp needed. Anyway, if you’re committed to using the factory sub box, consider the LCI2.

As for me - fast forwarding 4 1/2 years, I will get my audio kicks without going Shaker. I am using the now-available Scosche kit to install an Alpine ILX407, a set of Morel 3-ways in the doors/A-pillar, leave the stock rear decks alone. After I listen to that for awhile I will go on to mount my zenclosure front firing single 10” box and and amps to drive it all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I’ve just come back to the fold with a “new” 2016 Mustang GT Base. When I was here before I had a (truly) new 2017 Mustang GT Deluxe (400a - Shaker without a factory sub). Anyway, I tried to add the factory sub to that car along with finding a factory Shaker amp (mounts above the front left kick panel) from a 401a car to obtain the internal circuitry for the sub that is left out of the same-looking amp for a non-sub car. No matter what I did - and I know how to use Forscan - I never could get the “new” amp to send a turn on signal to the sub/amp in the trunk. I finally spliced in and wired an LCI2 to do the job driving the factory sub amp/sub. It worked but I never did figure out just why my “new” amp wasn’t sending the signal. The part number was correct for the amp needed. Anyway, if you’re committed to using the factory sub box, consider the LCI2.

As for me - fast forwarding 4 1/2 years, I will get my audio kicks without going Shaker. I am using the now-available Scosche kit to install an Alpine ILX407, a set of Morel 3-ways in the doors/A-pillar, leave the stock rear decks alone. After I listen to that for awhile I will go on to mount my zenclosure front firing single 10” box and and amps to drive it all.
Nice, I love Morel. I have the 2 way Tempo Ultra 692 MKII's in my Silverado with Sony ES's in the rear and a Massive Audio HIPPOXL84 under the rear seat.

idscomm

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.idscomm.ca
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Package
Hello All,

New to the forum (great knowledge and experience here for sure) ... I read at least half of this thread and I am still not sure about what is the right path to follow as opinions are kind of "shared"

I have a 2015 Mustang GT with Premium sound NO Subwoofer. I am planning in adding a Subwoofer and mono amplifier. For now I will be keeping everything else (factory amp and speakers). I selected items online at Crutchfield but I want to make sure I do things right. To be honest the processed signal vs unprocessed is bugging me.

What is the best route?

1- Tap behind the head unit and before the amplifier to get unprocessed signal which I would bring to mono amp, if so any harness to simplify things?

2- Tap to the rear speaker using the L2Ci Pro to feed my amplifier.

Just looking for advice here.

Thanks guys!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The easiest would be to tap into the rear speaker. I don't know how the 15's are but it isn't so easy on the B&O to just tap into the head unit....well almost impossible....most use a harness from the OE Amp/Processor but not just to run a subwoofer, especially since yours didn't have one to begin with.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Hello All,

New to the forum (great knowledge and experience here for sure) ... I read at least half of this thread and I am still not sure about what is the right path to follow as opinions are kind of "shared"

I have a 2015 Mustang GT with Premium sound NO Subwoofer. I am planning in adding a Subwoofer and mono amplifier. For now I will be keeping everything else (factory amp and speakers). I selected items online at Crutchfield but I want to make sure I do things right. To be honest the processed signal vs unprocessed is bugging me.

What is the best route?

1- Tap behind the head unit and before the amplifier to get unprocessed signal which I would bring to mono amp, if so any harness to simplify things?

2- Tap to the rear speaker using the L2Ci Pro to feed my amplifier.

Just looking for advice here.

Thanks guys!
Tap the rear. The LC2i will convert high level to low level and can handle 400 watts input. The other thing you could do is get an amp T-harness and use that output to run to the rear for the sub (still using the LC2i). If you want super easy install - https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...eer-plug-play-amp?_pos=5&_sid=8e19f4fd9&_ss=r

idscomm

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.idscomm.ca
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

idscomm

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.idscomm.ca
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
The amplifier I picked can handle high and low frequencies I believe (JL Audio JD500/1) so if I understood this thread correctly I wouldn’t need the L2Ci if tapping from the front am I correct?

overall I believe it’s just easier to tap on the back and use the L2Ci as long as the sound is decent. Might be tricky to tune once installed tho …

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes you can tap directly into the speakers. I would tap into the rears. Why are you considering the fronts? Your amp will be in the back?

The amplifier I picked can handle high and low frequencies I believe (JL Audio JD500/1) so if I understood this thread correctly I wouldn’t need the L2Ci if tapping from the front am I correct?

overall I believe it’s just easier to tap on the back and use the L2Ci as long as the sound is decent. Might be tricky to tune once installed tho …

idscomm

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.idscomm.ca
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can tap directly into the speakers. I would tap into the rears. Why are you considering the fronts? Your amp will be in the back?
Yes my amp will be in the back. It’s just that reading this thread it seemed to me like the signal before the factory amp was more “pure” or unprocessed therefore better. Just trying to find the best option before I pull the trigger on $1200 of gears.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

I don't think you will have to do much tuning at all. Tap the signal, it should be a full range signal, and set your low pass crossover. Done.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Yes my amp will be in the back. It’s just that reading this thread it seemed to me like the signal before the factory amp was more “pure” or unprocessed therefore better. Just trying to find the best option before I pull the trigger on $1200 of gears.
For a sub it won't matter, nothing you are going to be able to tell a difference at all.
Sponsored