Not open for further replies.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK so this is basically a combination of venting some frustration, and a request for some common courtesy.

I posted a set of Mach 1 wheels and tires in the classifieds. Someone posted in my thread that the wheels could be purchased for a low price from a certain seller, whereupon another member posted thanks, he purchased from the other seller. This is like walking into McDonalds and telling customers they can buy hamburgers cheaper at Burger King. If you feel the need to do everyone’s shopping for them, that’s one thing, but to do it right in my thread, that’s just effing rude. He and I have privately cleared the air though.

So I deleted everything I could and started a new thread, and damned if someone else didn’t do the same thing! But this person deleted their post and apologized, good guy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It happens all the time.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I see and understand your frustration. However, if it was the other way around, woudn't you want the guy to tell you that?
Everyone is free to ask whatever price they want for goods they sell. If you want to buy it, then sure you can negotiate, but otherwise I agree with OP, it's just rude to do such stuff in his thread. He wasn't asking for opinions or debate.

Try walking into somebody's private business and start telling the customers that there is a cheaper one behind the corner, see what happens next)))

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Everyone is free to ask whatever price they want for goods they sell. If you want to buy it, then sure you can negotiate, but otherwise I agree with OP, it's just rude to do such stuff in his thread. He wasn't asking for opinions or debate.

Try walking into somebody's private business and start telling the customers that there is a cheaper one behind the corner, see what happens next)))
I get it now. sorry

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I see and understand your frustration. However, if it was the other way around, woudn't you want the guy to tell you that?
No. If I’m selling something mind your own business. If I’m buying something, also mind your own business.

People that do that are losers with way too much time on their hands. They spend all their time on the forum beating their dick to the idea that they can demonstrate their expertise to a bunch of strangers. Like we care lol. Congrats you pointed out someone’s for sale ad lists an item 5% higher than it should be. You might think you come off as some kind of economic wizard but in reality you just look like a Karen with a car hobby

It makes some for sale threads almost unreadable for me. If I was a mod and saw that I would drop perma bans on mf’ers left and right.

*edit* @tnk_2 I don’t mean to direct that at you. Just in general. It’s infuriating to see someone’s thread ruined by the used auto parts experts

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I look at it this way. You can ask whatever you want for anything. Sky's the limit, but... posting overpriced, or even underpriced items on a forum, whether purposeful or not, will often lead to a comment advising you of such.

The way it goes. People generally,on most forums I've ever been on, will advise one way or another if the asking price is out of touch with current market. This potentially helps you as a seller, and helps out potential buyers. Your free to sit on anything for as long as you want, asking whatever price you want. But expecting a lack of comment on that is not reasonable. It is after all a public forum

Everything for the most part is searchable and comparable. Most buyers want the best deals they can get. Most sellers want the most they can get in a reasonable amount of time. Just my .02

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I look at it this way. You can ask whatever you want for anything. Sky's the limit, but... posting overpriced, or even underpriced items on a forum, whether purposeful or not, will often lead to a comment advising you of such.

The way it goes. People generally,on most forums I've ever been on, will advise one way or another if the asking price is out of touch with current market. This potentially helps you as a seller, and helps out potential buyers. Your free to sit on anything for as long as you want, asking whatever price you want. But expecting a lack of comment on that is not reasonable. It is after all a public forum

Everything for the most part is searchable and comparable. Most buyers want the best deals they can get. Most sellers want the most they can get in a reasonable amount of time. Just my .02
It’s actually the opposite of a public forum. It’s a private forum. And there are rules, enforceable by mods, that govern what is and isn’t allowed. Sure we all push the boundaries but shitting all over someone’s attempt to sell something sort of sounds like a violation of rule #5…..thread crapping

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It’s actually the opposite of a public forum. It’s a private forum. And there are rules, enforceable by mods, that govern what is and isn’t allowed. Sure we all push the boundaries but shitting all over someone’s attempt to sell something sort of sounds like a violation of rule #5…..thread crapping
"Private" ...pretty gray area. It's pretty open compared to true private forums. But I won't argue that.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
Yeah, there's too many people here who comment on listings that they aren't interested in buying. It's one thing if you're answering a question for someone that's interested, but that's it.
This 100%...

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
"Private" ...pretty gray area. It's pretty open compared to true private forums. But I won't argue that.
There's nothing grey about it. As long as it is privately owned, and membership is not a right, but a privilege offered to you by the forum owner, it is private. How easily the owner chooses to allow you to obtain this privilege is irrelevant.

Most forums I'm a member of have strict rules about commenting in for-sale threads. Comments of this kind are forbidden and get deleted by the moderators.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Nothing will happen. You have freedom of speech. All they can do is ask you to leave. Now imagine that you are online and they can’t do anything because you are still protected by freedom of speech. It might be a Dbag thing to do but it’s there right

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It might be a Dbag thing to do but it’s there right
There are no rights on a private forum. You have the privilege to say whatever you want only as long as the forum owner allows you to. They have the right to withdraw this privilege at any time without any explanation, and to delete your posts, if they so choose. Which is practically the same as a shopkeeper asking you to leave his store.

That being said, as long as there are no specific rules against such comments, you're probably OK posting them. But it's still not a "right".
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.